The five-seat A4 received prominent styling updates for 2013, with the majority of changes done to the front end. The A4 is offered only as a sedan; the former Avant wagon was replaced last year by the Allroad wagon, which is based on the A4 and covered separately in the Cars.com Research section. Audi also offers a performance version of the sedan dubbed S4, also covered separately.
The A4, available with front- or all-wheel drive, competes with the BMW 3 Series, Cadillac ATS and Mercedes-Benz C-Class and is available in Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige price levels.
New for 2014
Horsepower on the standard turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine increases to 220 from 211. In a shuffling of standard and optional features, the Convenience Package (Bluetooth, Homelink garage door opener, Audi music interface and driver information system) is now standard on the base Premium model. A new S Line Style Package for the Premium includes xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights, LED running lights and taillights, automatic headlight leveling and other exterior enhancements.
- Glass sunroof
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels; 18- and 19-inch wheels available
- LED daytime running lights
- Available swiveling headlights
- Available xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Automatic air conditioning
- Leather upholstery
- Available upgraded stereo
- Available keyless entry and start
- Bluetooth and iPod connectivity
- Available Audi Connect communication systems
- Available navigation system
Under the Hood
- 220-hp, turbo four-cylinder engine
- Uses premium gas
- Continuously variable automatic transmission with front-wheel drive
- Six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic on Quattro all-wheel-drive models
- 40/60 torque split, front to rear, for the all-wheel-drive system
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes with brake assist
- Front-seat side-impact airbags
- Front and rear side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability system with traction control
- Available Side Assist blind spot warning system
- Available backup camera
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 Audi A4.