2012 Audi A5

2012 Audi A5

Available in 3 styles:  2012 Audi A5 2dr AWD quattro Coupe shown

Overall

Great car, drop dead sexy with the top down.

by Replacing our Saab from Indianapolis | February 8, 2014

We bought The Audi A-5 Premium plus Quattro cabriolet. I love this car. It looks great, drives great and turns heads, with the 19” wheels, it is one sexy car. We replaced our Saab 9.3 that we have owned for 8 years, the cars are very similar, but the Audi seems to be the next level of luxury. I have owned 8 different convertibles over the last 30 years, we have had good ones and bad ones, and the Audi is a great one. This car is solid, no cowl shake, no leaks air or water, it is solid, drives like a coupe, but the top drops. My wife asked for the following criteria when we started looking: Front wheel drive or all-wheel Drive, Room for 4 adults, big trunk, convertible, blue and not a dodge. Audi was not on the shopping list at first, but we only had 2 choices. The Audi A5 and the Bentley. If I were a rich man I would have bought the Bentley, it also is an amazing car, but I don’t ever see one in my future. I could have bought 4 new loaded A-5’s for the price the Bentley. The Audi and the Bentley do have the same ZF 8 speed transmission; it is smooth shifting and works well in all driving conditions. We started driving convertibles to replace our motorcycles when we decided stop riding. It is more fun, safer and great for long weekends drives to the lake shore of Lake Michigan, and the mountains of Tennessee. The service from the dealer was very professional. I live in Indiana and flew to Atlanta to find the car we wanted, the dealer picked me up from the airport and had everything ready. We found the car on Cars.com; it took about 6 months to make a decision. I looked at cars all over the country; I was looking for a 2 year old, loaded A5 Quattro in blue with around 20k miles or less. When we found the right car, I hopped on a plane and brought it home.

Beautiful machine

by Jim from Macungie, Pa. | February 15, 2013

Bought my A5 convertible in June last year and after 8 months still glad I made the decision. The car is a dream to drive with crisp handling (AWD) and excellent acceleration (good low end torque) so it is good on both the highway and back roads. Also, no issues driving in winter weather. Front seats are comfortable and very adjustable, rear seating is a bit tight but OK for a couple hour drive. Controls took a bit of time to get used to but now easy to use with everything pretty much at your finger tips. Classic lines have this car standing out in a crowd. Soft top is very quiet and takes up less space than similar hard tops allowing for plenty of trunk space for weeklong trips. Looked at several competing models including Volvo, Infiniti, BMW, and Mercedes and for my money this is the best of the bunch.

A Sweet Ride

by The Olld Salt from Jenks, OK | July 1, 2012

My Audi A5 turns heads everywhere I go. It drives like a true sports car and has the advantqge of a comfortable back seat when needed, albiet a bit cozy. I would have appreciated a few cubby holes for stashing personal items, and a more simplified electronic system would have pleased me more. The fabric top is superb and makes for a tight cabin when closed and folds away into the trunk for a clean line when open crusing is desired. Do I like it? Well, do fish like water? It's a very sweet ride!!!

Beautiful Machine

by New to Audi from Northern New Jersey | May 1, 2012

2012 Audi A5 is not only beautiful, but performs exceptionally well. Has the right mix of power and luxury. While color selections are limited there is likely something for everyone. Audi dealership provides helpful support in purchase decision.

This Car is Smokin

by Audi Enthusiast from Seattle, WA | December 29, 2011

The best car I've owned, and I've had a jag, a porsche boxter and a lexus. The handling is unparalled, responsive and strong. I added the stasis chip for a little extra power without losing gas mileage like the S5. The seats are very comfortable, tho the backseat is pretty impracticle. Fine with me, I'm done driving kids around! The all wheel drive and all season tires makes snow driving a breeze. It's one of the sexiest cars on the road in any price range.

Great car, quick & quiet

by Rick from Atlantic City, NJ | November 26, 2011

Wonderful car. The best operating top I ever had in a convertible. Roomy trunk for a convertible and great that the seats fold down

Great car!

by King from Queens, NY | August 24, 2011

This car is amazing i've had it for a few weeks and already racked up 3000 miles, I cant stop driving it. Aesthetically the car is a master piece with minor adjustments from the previous year. The 2.0 turbo remains and gives a suprisingly strong pull for a four cylinder motor. Gas mileage is excellent. Handling is top notch and has a list of features comparable with any luxury car in its class. Must buy!