2013 Audi A5

2013 Audi A5
Available in 3 styles:  2013 Audi A5 2dr AWD quattro Coupe shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Best Convert on the market!

by 2112 from Lumberton NJ | June 2, 2014

After months of shopping and comparing convertibles and many test drives later we couldnt be happier with our A5 purchase. In comparison testing we pitted the A5 to the BMW328i, the Mini S convertible and an American classic the Camaro Convertible. Yeah I know throwing in the Camaro and Mini was comparing apples to oranges, only thing in common was the soft top but, we wanted to keep all options open. The A5 won hands down for amongst other reasons... comfort, handling and overall fit and finish. Size definitely mattered and the ability to take friends or our adult children out for a cruise,comfortably, again put the A5 ahead of the game. Mileage is great and it really gets up and goes. when the soft top is up its as quiet as a hardtop and when its down you can still have usable space in the trunk. Dont try that with a 328i..

Best Car Ever Owned

by Flying Hawaiian from Pittsburgh, PA | March 24, 2014

Excellent vehicle. Hugs the road, more than adequate acceleration. Interior is magnificent and luxurious. Prestige package has all the bells and whistles.

Another Sweet Ride

by Loving new ride from Chicago | January 13, 2014

Hated to re-use the other review title, but my second youngest, 9 year old boy, after his first ride in Dad's new Midnight Blue, Certified used, Premium Plus convertible A5 was: "Man, this is a sweet ride!" I love the combination of luxurious comfort with sporty performance. Steering is tight, but not obnoxious, seats are form fitting and comfortable - I am 6'2" and dont have the seat all the way back. Runs smooth at speed, accelerates very well either from low speed or a stop. Best of all, the all wheel drive and low center of gravity car made it comfortable to drive in the 2014 bitter cold and snow in the upper midwest. More worried about other knuckleheads dinging my "sweet ride" than being able to handle the conditions. Paid a little extra for certified used, but piece of mind for a high end car feels worth it.

Sweet car

by A5driver from Seattle | June 14, 2013

The fit and finish of this vehicle is second to none. Why can't the yanks figure out quality finishes? I mean really?? Is it that difficult? I traded a 2010 C6 Corvette for my new Phantom Black A5 manual. That said, it's a tough transition from a 435hp V8 to a 2ltr. The 2ltr is a wonderful plaything but torque disappears after 3rd gear. My problem: Torque NEVER disappeared with the C6. If you share a similar circumstance, I would check out the S5 first. I should have. But, the A5 is the coolest car ever. As I said, the F&F is the best on earth. I have purchased more than 20 new cars (maybe 30 or more). The A5 is the best built car I have ever experienced. Quality? Amazing, but time will tell. MPG has let me down so far. 24 average, mixed. That seems a little low for a 4

Fabulous!

by Annual Audi buyer from St. Louis, Mo. | May 29, 2013

This car defies gravity in turns and leaps like a frog off the line while averaging 25 mpg! It is a sophisticated gentleman's car, in the ilk of the 1966 Buick Riviera, the El Dorado, etc. Not many like this,,, High resale value so I buy one every year...

Driver's car

by Lads from Seattle, WA | May 6, 2013

Complaints: Sunroof doesn't slide, no rear view camera, no auto dimming mirror. Even a Honda civic priced at 1/3 has it all. I really don't care about soccer mom features. THis car handles like a go-cart, even the 2 liter accelerates and brings a grin on your face. Overtaking is piece of cake, even in D mode. S mode wakes it up better. You could ride it all day along and never get tired of it. Radio, MP3, Ipod, sound system is great. OH!!! All Wheel drive with 40/60 power split between front/back in wet and wild Seattle?? find something to beat that. (icing on the cake) I love the cake.

NOT the Best Car I've Driven

by Miss my '93 Lexus SC 400 from Boca Raton, FL | March 27, 2013

My biggest complaint is safety - only way to get back-up warning is w/ $3,500 Nav. pkg. (none of the A5s on lot had it). Even the most basic Honda Civic ($19,000) has it! Shocking a car of this caliber doesn't. Had it for last 6 yrs., and after getting used to it I worry about backing into a vehicle OR a person. Hard, uncomfortable seats (also made out of really cheap leather), cheap, plastic-looking material in interior, sun roof ONLY tilts, does not slide open (I'm driving a cheap Chevy rental car now that has a sunroof that tilts AND slides for cryin' out loud). Very happy with performance, but the sound reminds me of my brother flooring his 80's Chevy Citation. To end on a good note - great styling,

Great Convertible

by Convertible Owner from Reno, NV | March 19, 2013

I was looking for a convertible with decent room for 4, and AWD. Audi was the only manufacturer without RWD. The car has been great. Decent room for 4 considering a convertible, top goes down in 16 seconds, turbo 4 has plenty of power and good gas mileage, trunk room is good, and the car just looks great!

A5 Cabriolet

by ChefRon from Fall River, Wi | February 7, 2013

I was looking to trade in my F-150 and wanted a convertible (just sold my motorcycle) that was sporty and AWD. Not many out there. Owning a BMW, I started with the 335 but alas, RWD. I started researching the A5 and was more and more intrigued by it's looks and the fact that it's AWD. I tracked down a 2010 that fit the bill but to my disappointment, it sold before I got a chance to see it. Enter the 2013 A5. All I can say is "Gorgeous and Amazing"! You don't see many of these on the road but when you do, you can't help but stare! The Quattro got me through 2 blizzards in the first week. The 4 cylinder Turbo was my only worry coming from a V-8 and a BMW 6 but that soon disappeared. Plenty of passing power, good MPG and a car that I can't believe is in my garage. It makes my BMW look slow and old. If you're shopping for one, make sure to get the heated/cooled seats with neck warmer and the B & O sound system. Can't wait for spring so I can enjoy it with the top down!

The bluetooth is noisy and often unusable

by romaine99 from Portland, OR | February 1, 2013

I have had problems with bluetooth noise with the top up from the beginning. It has been in the dealer 3 times and they tell me that there isn't current technology to fix it. An Audi tech confirmed this. If I get an after market kit I will void the warranty and it will look terrible. It's been frustrating having a dealer say they can't fix it, basically tough luck all for a purchase price of 50k.