2000 Audi A6

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Dealer, Good Cars

by 2nd time Buyer from Chicago IL | April 2, 2014

Highly recommend buying from these guys, 2nd time buying here and after a few weeks I have nothing to complain about, you get great friendly service, they're open for negotiation and very honest about the service that has been done to the car and what might need to be done in the future. Special thanks to the owner, my family is definitely very happy.

Exceptionally well built vehicle

by Audi A6 Turbo Enthusiast from New York, NY | September 9, 2013

We have been loyal Toyota fans but are now willing to expand our loyalty to include the Audi family of vehicles. The RELIABILITY, safety and overall workmanship are superior to any other in this vehicles class. Without reservation, I would recommend Audi and their lineup of vehicles to anyone currently researching and/or thinking about purchasing one!

Very comfortable and luxury car, worth the price

by owner of several import cars from Cleveland, Ohio | June 21, 2013

Very comfortable and luxury car, worth the price. It have been proved very reliable and close to none for winter driving under snow and stormy conditions. Highly recommended.

expensive to maintain but great car

by audi junkie from Olathe, KS | February 25, 2011

I bought this car used with known front end issues before I bought it. I got it for a great price at about $4000. Total it has cost me around $6200 to get it running correctly. Buying a brand new car costs much more in the long run and having a reliable used German vehicle pays for itself. I will buy an Audi again and it will be a used one. For now I am very happy with my A6 4.2L and would tell anybody to buy one. Its power and comfort compares to any car on the road today.

I should have heeded the warnings

by Disappointed Car Guy from Minneapolis, MN | March 16, 2010

I bought the best 4.2 A6 I could find. It had 75,000 miles, but it was in perfect shape. I drove a bunch of them. It is beautiful, comfortable and drives nice. The power is nice, but it is not a very sporty drive possibly because the the handling is so secure. I am not rich, this is a rich man's car. It is for someone who doesn't mind spending 1 to 2 thousand dollars every 6 months on repairs and maintenance. Consumer Reports says Audi has improved their reliability in the last two years--I don't see how they could survive if they didn't. I thought maybe all the awesome engineering is just impossible to keep working, well we know other car companies could do it, just not Audi. I know that the 4.2 was $50K when it was new and it is very different from the other A6s, but the parts and labor cost as much on a used Audi as a new one. I went to a small German car repair shop that was much cheaper than the dealer and it was still too expensive to keep it going because little things failed all the time. I loved owning this car because of how I felt to drive it, but I was kidding myself and causing too much financial stress on my family. As I said, I am not a rich man--but I got to drive like one for a while. It was an expensive lesson to learn.

Perfect Performance sedan

by Audi driver from New York, NY | November 18, 2009

My wife and I are really enjoying this car and only needed to take it in for repair once. We have 110,000 miles on it now. With the combination of sports car performance, phenomenal handling, space for our family and then the 4 wd traction in the snow, since we get a lot of snow here in New York I can't see a car that would fill ourt need better. Thumbs up Audi!

Open your Wallet

by Donhun from Columbus,Ohio | July 15, 2009

As an Audi A6 2.7T owner this car was an absolute joy to drive.Although it seemed to be in the shop every four to six months and each visit $1,000.00.Just when you think everything is perfect, another trip to the mechanic.So after $7,000.00 in repairs in two years, It's time to switch to Toyota.I own a 92 Corolla, and two 09 Corollas.And working with the rest of my family to switch.

every two months make an appt with a mechanic

by Loved it for the looks from toledo | December 22, 2008

I loved this car so much when I saw it and even more when I drove it. Then I brought it home and had to replace so many things (including catalytic converter to the tune of 3500) I have dumped so much money into this car in the last 5 years thinking it will be the last major repair. Alas, I am still waiting for that magical 6 month span where I don't spend a MINIMUM of 1000 on repairs. Still love the looks and the comfort though.

Audi

by Audi Enthusiast from US | September 18, 2008

great cars to own for a luxury ride. The Audi is also a nice car to show around to people. Nice interior design along with great exterior looks.

Audi does not stand behind product

by Fool Me Once from wausau, wi | June 3, 2007

This car is a joy to drive. The fit, finish, and appointments are everything an entry level luxury auto should be. The underlying problem is with the 2.8 and 2.7T engine design, there is a recurring failure of engine gaskets and seals usually caused by the crankcase breather tube or the valve/pump included in the breather system. When cold weather arrives, meaning freezing temps, the probability or costly service repairs increases dramatically. This is a fine performing car with great handling, but you should be prepared to incur high maintenance costs during cold weather. I have not been able to find a cure for the problem at an Audi dealer, which indicates the manufacturer would not acknowledge the existance of this engineering glich. Mechanically the car is great, the engine strong, the biturbos exciting, the ride is smooth and quite. It is the best of cars and the worst or cars all at the same time.

Featured Services for this Audi A6