2004 Audi A6

Available in 6 styles:  2004 Audi A6 4dr AWD Quattro Station Wagon shown

Overall

Used 3.0 Avant with 62k

by Charbs from Needham, MA | January 8, 2014

Purchased this one owner car off the lot with only 62k miles. Have owned BMW's, Saabs and a myriad of other cars. This one was a bargain for the price. Solid but not without some gremlins (phantom sunroof, power steering pump). But what do you want for a 10 year old car. It is refined, powerful, solid handling, has more cargo space than most SUVs and is not a bad looker either. A little on the thirsty side running premium gas. But overall very happy with this purchase and hope it will be with us for a while without to many expensive trips to the shop.

Dismal shape

by Audi Enthusiast from Milton, MA | October 28, 2013

Despite being told to come look and that it just needed to be inspected by a mechanic, the gear shift was stuck, the center console was ripped out, the floor is ripped up, and the car should not even be on display in Best Used Auto Sales. The dealer also had no clue what he was talking about. Seek elsewhere.

great road car

by audi 4.2 in wv from bluefield, wv | April 25, 2013

this is a great car, love the power and awd quattro. the 4.2 liter v-8 is good on gas for 300 hp it has,yes repairs for any audi can be expensive,but i would recommend this car to anyone.excellent road trip car 70 mph is nothing for this car even in the mountains of wv, love it.

You have to own one to understand

by Audi from Chicago, IL | December 8, 2012

Lemme get the cons of this car out of the way first, the reliability is very questionable at times, The accelerator pedal got stuck once(but if it happens with Toyota's it can happen to my car) and parts and labor for the vehicle is expensive, so if you have a tight budget probably wouldn't recommend buying this car. The Audi A6 2.7T is probably the best car in my household, and trust me we have seven cars:Corolla, Tahoe('09), 2 Mercedes, BMW, Acura MDX('10), and my Audi. The car is fantastically quick, very beautiful, and the ride is so very smooth. The car even gets good gas mileage, I'm averaging about 20 mpg mostly city highway driving with Quattro(which is the very best AWD systems available) The car was bought for about 6 grand with less then 50,000 miles on it. today it has about 93,000.very good car. if you can afford to own one i recommend you buy it.

Audi A6 Review

by Audi Fan from Omaha, NE | June 26, 2010

Comfortable, sporty, and possibly the most fun sedan/wagon to drive ever made, I would recommend this car to anyone who wants to drive a luxury sports cars, but needs a bit more space.

2004 Audi A6

by Concerned Consumer from Michigan | April 8, 2010

The vehicles overall package is very good. If you have a warranty or a do it yourself It would reccmmend purchasing the vehicle. The most negative issue with the design is that minor repairs in a typical vehicle costing under $300 are extremely expensive with this vehicle. An oxygen sensor that I was able to replace on my previous vehicle cost me $ 60 and 10 minutes to install. The audi I received quotes all the way up to $688 to replace one of four sensors. The engine is designed with 4 oxygen sensors. I think this is excessive costing the car more money and creating the opporunity for more to go wrong.

BEST SEDAN OF THE ENTIRE WORLD ¡

by romyboy from Guadalajara, MEXICO | February 5, 2009

MB? BMW?...Search no further ¡ AUDI A6 is the best sedan in the world for what you get in a very reasonable price ¡ QUATTRO (AUDI exclusive) SYSTEM since its invention it is the most reliable tool to get you ALWAYS on the road no matter the weather conditions or degree curve angles. If you are thinking in getting an Audi, please: DO NOT get it without the QUATTRO system ¡ If you choose to do this, it will be like getting a plane VW Jetta or so. Now, if you are into the A6, go for the 2.7 Twinturbo version (I fully recomend going for a 2002-2004 year): the 247-260 HP makes a complete difference among the rest of the engines due to its relative echonomy versus the amazing power when you "put the pedal to the metal" ¡ At the same time, it is a very comfortable sedan for a family vacation cruising. Unless you own a private race circuit, there is no need for getting the 4.2L V8 (S6) excessive power, not to mention the cost of the fuel consumption. Finally, like other here placing his review, if you have the chance, go for the "SLine" version which is more sporty appealing without sacrificing your sedan´s needs. One last thing: too bad 2002-2004 A6´s that reached USA market did not make it with the Multitronic version (gear changes in the steering wheel)as we have in Mexico...I haven´t seen any at all over there. So go for your 2002-2004 A6 2.7 SLine and enjoy it at its full ¡¡¡

Performance + Power=Perfection!

by nevasatisfid from NY | November 27, 2008

I have owned several Audi's since getting my license and I have to say the A6 4.2 is a machine. My first Audi was an A4 1.8T. This one was new....drove like it was on rails but lacked a little in the horsepower category..but always dependable. Then I went to an S4...Didn't lack much. Then I settled on an A6 4.2 not before owning a Mercedes (never again!). Couldn't imagine driving anything else. Trust me drive one and you'll see!!

S-Line power

by Butch from Overland Park, Kansas | January 5, 2008

I have owned a few Audi's. I have always thought that these cars were the "thinking mans ultimate driving machine". With the advanced engineering and Quattro drivetrain, I find myself continually taking my MB, BMW, Lexus, and Infinity driving colleagues home in poor weather. I have enjoyed most of my Audi ownership. There has always been one item about the Audi's that I owned that drove me crazy, the lack of power. I have never felt as if the automobiles were horrably underpowered, there was just always a little more to be desired. My desire for power was instantly met with the 2.7 Turbo S-Line A6 package, 2004. The extra umphh from the Turbos is staggaring. The S-Line adds a few extra horses under the hood and the body package makes the family four door sedan.......sexy? I live in a city of 1.9 million people. I know of only one other S-Line in this city, and I have only seen that auto once. I truely feel as if I have cheated the Porsche and Ferrari drivers in town, with the S-Line cars exclusivity. Do not begin to think that I am comparing this automobile with a Porsche or Ferrari. I just know that I am very pleased with the stature of this car in comparison to others. It also does not hurt that, of all the fine automobile manufactors mentioned in this review, I am the only driver confident enough in his cars abilities, to not give a second thought in poor driving conditions. I guess that makes me the "thinking man", in the driving machine. Butch

High End Luxury and German Engineering.

by Audi Enthusiast from Deerfield, IL. | October 1, 2007

High End Luxury and German Engineering. Great value for the money with many safety and great features . Really enjoy driving this vehicle. Feel safe and assured with the AWD - Quattro system. Plenty of power with the 3.0 V6. Recommend the Audi Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.

Featured Services for this Audi A6