2007 Audi A6

Available in 4 styles:  2007 Audi A6 4dr AWD quattro Sedan shown

Overall

Wonderful car

by Dodger from New Jersey | October 28, 2015

I went from an a4 and decided to go into a bigger car. I decided on the 4.2 version because it was 1-2 miles less for the mpg compared to the v6 and much more power. This car is extremely comfortable (I also have a bad back). I don't have any back pain when I'm driving this car. The suspension is great (can be a bit bumpy at times) however it is wonderful. The interior is so luxurious feeling, well crafted and thought out. the MMI system is very easy to use (more than my BMW, which I hate using the nav system in that car). I was very carful in picking this car because of the features which include, Heated steering wheel, auto corner headlights, advanced key, MMI high(Colored instrument cluster, and nav screen) and heated front and rear seats. I always thought "oh you don't need a heated steering wheel or cornering headlights" I was wrong, the headlights are wonderful and really do help, the steering wheel is a god-send in the winter. The only issues I have had with this car are the emergency brake module (typical on this car) which is an easy fix, located in the trunk on the right hand side. I have the expensive ross-tech cable that is made for Audi and enabled many extra features. also I had to replace a wheel bearing. Other than that I have had no issues with this car. The outside does look a bit dated however I fixed that with putting a 2011 front bumper on and a new grill without the license plate holder and this car turns heads. Amazing car, comfortable, a lot of options, and very reliable. However if you get the v8 version and don't do the oil changes yourself then be prepared for about 100 bucks as it takes 9.5QTs of oil and I use full synthetic. Also one issue I have found is if your battery dies you cannot get the key out of the ignition to open the electric trunk, forcing you to crawl threw the back seats (mine were locked) So keep those unlocked and key out of the ignition or it will get locked into the ignition. Learn from my mistake haha.

Great Car with a few exceptions!!!!!

by Audi Lover from Burtonsville, MD | May 23, 2014

I purchased a 2007Audi A6 in 2011. The braking system (catches way to fast), the transmission is slow to catch and acceleration (hesitates before taking off from a stopped position) is very dangerous if crossing traffic. It's very expensive to maintain however, No question the sexiest looking car on the road. Outstanding handling and post 30 mph acceleration. Make sure you test drive to see if the breaking system is going to be an issue - You will get better the longer you drive, but it will remain an issue.

last Audi I will ever buy

by former 30 year audi owner from Mpls., MN | March 11, 2014

I have driven and enjoyed Audis for almost 30 years, but the 2007 A6 4.2 is the worst car I have ever owned. I have just sold the car because of the insane cost of maintaining the car and it was still under 100,000 miles. New a/c, new heads and head gaskets (because Audi decided to no longer produce the gaskets and this was the only way to stop the leaking) new water pump and MMI. I really hated to see this car go, but it was actually cheaper to purchase a brand new Infiniti and have a warranty. I have had previous Audis that ran almost flawlessly for over 200,000 miles and had hoped this car would be the same. With over $10,000 in less than a year in repairs, I could have been driving a Porsche or Ferrari.

Made me convert

by The Ghee from Cincinnati, OH | December 8, 2012

When I started my search for a car, I thought I would by a BMW. This vehicle is a better performer and offers more features than the 3 or 5 series.

solid on the road but handles like a feather

by experienced driver from Florida | June 25, 2009

You have to either put it on cruise control or watch your speedometer otherwise it will be cruising pass 85 mph and you think it is still under 65 mph.

Great Car

by SP from Denver, CO | April 12, 2008

Have been driving this now for 2 months. Has good acceleration (for more spirited driving place in Sport mode). MMI very functional if you spend a little time getting familiar with it. Handles excellently especially on wet/snowy roads. I have been pleasantly surprised with fuel efficency---getting about 28+mpg on the highway.

Best Car I Have Owned

by Satisfied Audi lesee from New York | February 4, 2008

Our Audi A6 was leased about 1 year ago. After driving it over 10000 miles I am very pleased with the car's reliability, power, handling, economy and comfort. Audi has really improved this car from earlier A6s - We leased a 2004 A6 (for 3 yrs) and this is much better. Compared to the earlier A6s, this is in a completely different league. It is truly a quality vehicle and the styling is superb. . Some question why one would spend $50K on a car when you could buy say, a new Honda Accord for $20K less. To those people, all I can say is that there really is a difference in how the car is made.

Take for good test drive, know what your getting

by Unhappy Audi owner from Cumming, GA | January 11, 2008

I purchased an Audi A6 in March/2007. The braking system (catches way to fast), the transmission does not catch into reverse for a good 3 seconds (so if your backing up from a downhill position you have to have your foot on the back as well) and acceleration (hesitates before taking off from a stopped position) is very dangerous if crossing traffic. Cup holders and storage are not well design. No question the sexiest looking car on the road. Outstanding handling and post 30 mph acceleration. Make sure you test drive the car on highway, in reverse and brake often to test the brakes.

Absolutely no defects at delivery

by Luxury car buyer from Dallas | August 9, 2007

I just took my A6 home last weekend. It was delivered in perfect condition. I drove 800+ miles on the interstates, and averaged 29 MPG while averaging almost 80 mph. I think that is terrific.

The bet car I've ever owned.

by Doug from St. Louis, MO | August 8, 2007

This is my first Audi (2007 A6 3.2) and I've only had it 3 months. But this is far and away the best car I've ever owned. I shopped the BMW5 series, Lexus ES350, and Acura TL. I needed either 4 wheel drive or front wheel because I live where it occassionally snows. The Lexus had the soothest ride of all. But the car was amazingly boring when it came to styling and handling. The BMW handled the road like a playground - it was fun to drive and I loved turning corners. But, the interior styling was amazingly weak - even my wife thought it was boring. The Acura's interior was great and this car was the best value -- it also met my all weather driving requirement. However, the ride was not nearly as much fun as the BMW and Audi. The A6 seemed to put it all together, ride, peformance - even in bad weather, and styling - both interior and exterior. You feel so confident when you turn --- I'm sold on Quattro. No tire slip and twice the traction. This was the qitest of them all (albeit you get to hear the comforting purr at harder accerations). The driver controls are so impressive I find myself going on drives (especially at night) to experience the dashboard ambiance. I'm used to GPS and I'm glad Audi decided to implement an American system - NAVTEQ. MMI is a bit complicated so spend an hour to learn it and that will end that. I would recommend this to anyone who's able to afford it. Have not experienced a problem yet but I'm sure I will eventually - that the German thing. However, I have a warranty if needed. Go to go - need to take another drive!