The Audi A6 has changed little since its 2009 redesign. As before, Audi's midsize model comes as a sedan and a wagon, called the Avant. It competes with the BMW 5 Series, Infiniti M sedan, Lexus GS sedan and Mercedes-Benz E-Class.
New for 2011
The Multi Media Interface information and navigation system is standard across the board this year. All models gain the A6 S line Packages bumpers, doorsills and headlight washers as standard.
The A6 is offered with optional LED daytime running lights that underline the headlights, like on the Audi R8 sports car. The A6 carries the now-traditional deep Audi grille. Optional packages offer 18-inch all-season and 19-inch high-performance tires. Exterior features include:
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels
- Optional 18-inch alloy wheels with all-season tires
- Optional 19-inch alloy wheels with high-performance tires
- Standard fog lights
- Standard bi-xenon headlights
The A6 seats five, with a 60/40-split folding bench seat in the rear. Interior features include:
- Aluminum trim on steering wheel and center console
- Standard keyless entry
- Standard MMI information and navigation system
- Standard dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Optional heated steering wheel with Cold Weather Package
- Optional heated front and rear seats
- Optional rear sonar parking assist
Under the Hood
All the A6's available engines feature direct injection, a technology that increases power, typically while also improving efficiency. The A6's suspension was updated for 2009, improving ride comfort without sacrificing handling, according to Audi.
- Standard 265-horsepower, 3.2-liter V-6 with 243 pounds-feet of torque
- Optional 300-hp, supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 with 310 pounds-feet of torque
- Optional 350-hp, 4.2-liter V-8 with 325 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard seven-speed continuously variable automatic transmission
- Optional six-speed automatic
- Optional Quattro all-wheel drive
Safety options include a blind spot warning system that illuminates a light on the side mirror if a car occupies that side's blind spot, and a lane departure warning system that vibrates the steering wheel if you stray from your lane. Standard features include:
- Side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system with traction control
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Audi A6
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.