2012 Audi A6

Available in 2 styles:  2012 Audi A6 4dr AWD quattro Sedan shown

Overall

best ever

by texas doc from Texas | February 20, 2013

I have 10000 miles on the A6 premium plus. Prior BMW`s for twenty years. This car is a flawless blend of comfort and performance.

Great A6 Quattro

by Tommy M from New Jersey | February 7, 2013

Great car ,loved it ,little pricey,I had a problem with guard braking system ,dealer could not figure this out ,finally done ,except price it is absolutely fantastic car ,too bad cant buy in US quattro with 4cyl in A6 would be much better value and less expensive

German Gem with Head Turning Looks

by Live2Design from Orlando, FL | December 6, 2012

I purchased my new 2012 Audi A6 in July of 2012. I ending up purchasing the 2.0 Premium Plus with the 19" Sport Package and black interior, matte finish walnut trim and a black headliner. In the beginning I had been contemplating between the 3.0 and 2.0, I was concerned that the 2.0 would feel underpowered. However, after purchasing the 2.0 and driving it for 6 months now it is definitely not an issue (especially when you drive in "sport" mode.) I have had others drive my car and comment on the power and responsiveness of the car. I do love the black headliner as it is a subtle addition that makes the interior feel more luxurious without really being noticed unless you point it out to others. Prior to purchasing the Audi A6, I had driven the 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 5 Series, Infiniti M, Cadillac CTS and Chrysler 300S. Driving the Mercedes, you immediately feel the solid build construction and its stately stance, it just didn't have the "tech" I was looking for and both it's exterior/interior design felt more suitable for a more mature crowd (I'm 29, however, it does look like the new 2014 generation might eliminate both of these issues.) It also had a much less rear sear room compared to the Audi. Test driving the BMW, again the interior felt well built, BMW certainly has more integrated technology than the Mercedes, it wasn't quite up to the level Audi has nor was as easy to use. While the interior is well designed, I feel the exterior has more of "it will grow on you" type design than the instant lust the Audi exudes. While there is no denying the Infiniti is a nice car, I found it odd that its MSRP is more than some of the Audi's. Driving felt very much like the Nissan Maxima with nicer accouterments and just didn't feel "special". It's design is sleek and voluptuous but does not stand out in the crowd in my opinion. When I was looking to purchase the Cadillac CTS was the only car I would consider in their lineup as the ATS and XTS were not on the market yet. The CTS is a great value for the money with a well designed interior; however the exterior just didn't appeal to me as I feel it is starting too feel dated. On a side note, I did recently test drive both the ATS and XTS on a track and found the ATS to have a great exterior/interior design with a very sporty performance just a bit smaller than I was wanting. The XTS on the other side was felt much larger than I thought it would, the exterior certainly modernized but the rear of the car kills it for me as it reminds me of the Cadillac land yacht of yester-year. The CUE system is certainly interesting but I experienced some glitches during my drive. The Chrysler 300S certainly had a "mob" appeal and presence with an interior dramatically improved from the previous generation. Again, on a practical side definitely has a great value appeal but after I equipped it with what I was wanting it was approaching the Audi price range. In the end, I am very pleased with my decision on purchasing the Audi A6. It has great exterior design combined with great interior design and fit/finish. I love the many subtle design cues that I didn't notice when shopping around. I have enjoyed the Audi MMI and find it very easy to operate and get familiarized with; while it also appears to seamlessly pair and operate with my iPhone for telephony and audio uses. At night, the cabin is nicely lighted with the "cockpit" lights and nice (adjustable) ambient lighting which I didn't even know it had prior to purchasing. In closing, I feel Audi has a strong product portfolio that has exceptional design, technology and value among its luxury rivals.

I love this car

by Luxury cars lover from San José, Costa Rica | October 7, 2012

Last year I bought a 2.8A6. I had some problems with my engine....4 times visiting the dealer. Although the driving experience and look was great, I decided to change for a 2013 A6 Sline with a 3.0T engine. This car is extraordinary, no doubt about it!!!

Superb

by First-time Audi buyer from | September 1, 2012

Loved the styling of the A7, but couldn't justify the price premium. "Settled" for the A6 instead. Great car in every way. Build quality, handling, and ride are superb. Highly recommended.

Exellent

by Carguy from Colorado | July 29, 2012

I've owned this car for two months now and really am impressed. Except for a problem with the computer mapping which required a trip to the dealer, it has been flawless.Recently I drove over 1300 miles to north Wyoming from Denver and back. I averaged 30+ on the interstate at 75-80 mph and over 20 mpg in the towns. I have owned Audi cars before and this is the best yet. I would change the tires from All Seasons and will probably do that when these wear out, but I would buy a set of dedicated winter tires. A great overall car!

Best Mid Size Luxury Car

by A Man from Houston, tX | May 24, 2012

Beats the competition hands down. You have to drive one. Was going to buy the BMW 535 when I took a chance and stopped to test drive this car. It is awesome looking with the 20 wheels on the s-line package. The interior is bar far the best of all mid size luxury cars. If you can find one to buy I suggest you do it.

A6 3.0 quatro prestige

by Mike from Chicago area | May 13, 2012

I normally buy BMW, but went with the more peppy A6 3.0 quatro prestige rather than the 535ix . It even stands up to the performance of the more expensive 550ix.

Powerful Sports Sedan

by eye specialists from virginia | April 19, 2012

I have had my car for one month now and am impressed with Audi's product. I have the gray interior which is much lighter in person than as shown on the website and i pad app. The drivers seat is uncomfortable for a luxury sedan and needs improvement. This car has the similar feature set as a bmw 535 xi for about 5-6 k less in price.

No Second Thoughts

by A Little Poorer from Sacramento, CA | April 16, 2012

Although I spent a lot of $, I couldn't be happier with my A6. I think it is a much better value than its competitors.