2015 Audi A6

Starting MSRP

Overall

Wonderful Replacement for My 2007 A6 Quattro

by TheBob1 from Central Virginia | May 1, 2015

Like my 2007 A6, only more of the good stuff - lots more.. More HP, torque, and speed. More fun to drive. LOTS more technological goodies for both driving, entertainment, and information. It even has more good looks (if a bit "vanilla"), but you don't buy an Audi for the shape of its skin, you buy it for the content of its character! I love this new A6, as I did my 2007 version, but its like rediscovering the car all over again. This 2015 replaces my similarly equipped 2007 A6 which was still a real peach when I traded it a few weeks ago. This new one handles better, is faster, has more tech stuff than a 13 year-old boy's bedroom, but most of all, it is still wonderful to drive. That being said, I'll get my only gripe out of the way now: Despite superb road manners and overall driving characteristics, the new electro-mechanical steering simply does not have that wonderful German/European "feel" and intuitive on-center sense to the driver any longer; Something for which I mourn the driving world's loss - - Even BMW has gone to it. The good news is that the car still feels like it was milled from a single chunk of metal and is, as my 2007 was, solid as a bank vault. Despite a bit of numb steering, it handles marvelously - especially for its size and weight Handling is VERY capable, allowing me to go much, much faster than I need to on the back roads of the beautiful Blue Ridge foothills. The 2007 was no slouch, mind you, but this one is flat-out quick and handles even better (note, the 2016 has 20HP more than the 2015 I am reviewing!). The leap in technology over my 2007 is almost absurd. I am still learning the brains of the car after 3 weeks. More than I need, but great to have. I love how the screen physically disappears and becomes part of the lovely dash (have you looked at the "bolted-on" appearance of the screen on the otherwise gorgeous dash of the M-B C300 and C400? Shame.). Seats feel good, dash layout is nice and MMI controls become intuitive after some "training". I love the instrument cluster read-out/display of the various options and corresponding steering wheel controls which handle much of the basics (media controls (radio, CD, etc), trip computers, voice controls...). Its hard to imagine a car could be much better than this. Its as good as you can get in an "upper middle-class" sedan. In fact, its about as good as you can get in a sedan, period.

A6 - NIce

by First German Car from Fort Worth, TX | October 3, 2014

I love the performance and feel of the A6 on the road. It corners fantastic and looks good! Cockpit takes a bit to get used to and the cup holders leave a lot to be desired. Almost useless.