2012 Audi A7

18 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Constant Headeach

by Legoman from Montreal, QC | August 15, 2015

I bought a used 2012 prestige A7 s-line from the dealership. It had 65,000Km on it and was previously owned by the manager of the dealership. I currently have 85000 Km on it. Sounds like a deal? Wrong. This is my first and last Audi! Pros: Great looking car, lots of room, luxurious both Inside n out, decent power for such a big car, Very fuel efficient, easy to drive, very comfy on long hauls. Cons: Spends most of its time getting repaired/fixed at the dealership!!! 20" wheels are weak (warped from a pot hole) plus bearings failure, constant electronic and power train failures, 2 times exhaust problems, Thankfully, this was all under warranty. But im tired of going back to the dealership. When i hit 100k I will only have powertrain warranty, so im driving it off the bridge before that.

Nice Ride

by Rocketman from Newport Beach, CA | July 14, 2014

Great car, lots of room with the back seats down. Front seats could be a little more form fitting and 5th seat in the rear would be a nice to have. Great styling and great drive. Very luxurious.

May be the best model Audi has built

by KaiserTexas from McKinney, TX | August 7, 2013

I've owned an A6 with the 4.2L, an A6 with the 3.0T, an A5 with the 3.2.... I've driven as loaner cars, the A5 with the 2.0T, the Q5 2.0T, Q7 TDI.... And in my opinion, the A7 is the perfect blend of coupe and sedan. It has the sporty feel of a coupe with the size and power of a sedan - love it! Haven't driven the R8...but not many have. :) My A7 is loaded, has everything, including the must have 20" wheel package. The car is incredible.

Best in Class

by Acura to Audi from Central NY | July 15, 2013

The A7 is the most complete car I have owned. Performance is breathtaking, style first class and trend setting, design fully integrated in form and function. I came out of Lexus and Acura, most recently the fully capable RL, and those cars seem fluffy compared to this German thoroughbred. While the Japanese are striving, this German has arrived. I feel safer at 90 mph in the A7 then I do at 60 in any other car. The basic premium model can be short on all the tech bells and whistles, but it has the features that count. Handling is poised and on rails, acceleration brisk and purposeful, thanks to the supercharger engaging from 0 rpm. Surprisingly spacious cabin for such coupe styling. Controls intuitive and ergonomic. This car turns heads, including my own every time I approach it. I know the s7 is available too, but 0-60 in 5-flat is good enough for my routes. We'll see how reliability goes, but I can put up with a glitch or two for the rewards of driving this elegant beast.

She's a beast

by FoxTheFox from Seattle, WA | December 24, 2012

I love this car. There are only 2 things that are less than perfect: Excessive brake dust (apparently this is a consistent issue for Audi's) and too many electronics for me- others may not agree. But I LOVE this car.

you will love it

by Wisconsin a7 from wi | June 28, 2012

I have had very many cars. The A7 is at the top of the list. From Hummer's, to A8L (w12 and 4.2) S5, Platinum f150, MKZZ, Mercedes, Trust me...get the night vision! It is very cool, and a must have.

review

by john from | May 12, 2012

Not what I excepted, it is true what has reported about new model German cars (cheaper Parts). I wish could go online a brag about my new car but want to honest.

Most Unreliable car i've owned.

by Audifile from Johnstown,PA: | April 3, 2012

Poor Reliability & Poor service. The Car Died in the Parking Lot, while I was Driving out. The Dealership gave me a Loaner, that Needed Oil; that I had to fill myself. The homelink was programmed for Germany not US; & could nor be programmed. The dealership charged me for Installing a New one. I've owned the car for just Two Weeks.

worlds best car by far

by i love nice cars like the audi a7 from camarillo,CA | January 30, 2012

this vehicle is very awesome because it has a 4-way lumbar suport for the driver and passenger. it has rear ac/heating. the driver/passanger have heating and cooling and their own ac. it has very easy to hear radio and i love to hear the comedy. it handles well,has a moonroof and the a6 has a 5 star crash test so this one will have one too. if you have kids or a wife they will be very impressed with the perfectly engineered audi a7. the car automatically shifts into modes for a smoother or more bumpy ride. it has a spoiler for maxium traction on the road.

Perfect Size

by ASevenFan from Cayuga Heights, NY | January 22, 2012

My partner purchased the new 2012 A7 as soon as the first one arrived at the local dealership. Color was not even a factor for him. He just had to have that exact car. I think he was drawn to it because of the spectacular Ooling Black exterior and rich saddle brown and black tu-tone interior. Sweet combination! I am the car buff in the household and the decision to trade in his five-year-old A8L (LWB model) was mutual. The only reason for the trade had to do with the many miles put on the bigger A8L. The new A8, A8L and S8 are actually too large for our tastes, but we would recommend the A8 (especially the LWB version) to anyone looking for massive interior space, especially for 2-3 lucky back seat passengers. We did check out the A8 and A8L but knew right away that the A7 was the car of our dreams. Photos do not do the A7 justice. You must see it in person. The A6 was not even an option for us. The A7 is quite unique and an attention getter. Everyone compliments us on its looks and roar of the engine. The A7 is the perfect size -- slotted between the all new Audi A6 and the recently introduced new version of the Audi A8, A8L and S8. The A7 may even have a bit less interior room than the A6, but the A7 looks longer and sleeker. We did not see the specs of the A6 so be certain to look into this if interior volume is a factor. The A7 handles like a "sports coupe" without any loss of comfort. The ride is smooth and not unlike our A8L. The interior of the A7 is a combination of sporty and ultra luxurious. The seats are perfectly sculpted. There is a generous amount of fine grade leather and real wood galore. There is some compromise in head room due to the shape of the car and "must have" sun/moonroof. The trunk is a bit snug, but just right for two people and their luggage. I love the hatchback design. Audi did an outstanding job designing it without making it look like a hatch. The ONLY two downsides are minor: (1) The price of options add up quickly (2) There is no panorama sun/moonroof option Aside for these factors, the 2012 Audi A7 is PERFECT. If I had chosen the color, it would have been the bright and beautiful silver that is classic Audi, IMO. It does not show the dirt like my partner's black Audi and with AWD, it gets muddy quickly.

Featured Services for this Audi A7