2004 Audi A8

17 city / 24 hwy

Overall

Still-Very nice ride at 113000 miles

by JMax from Northern MN | January 14, 2013

Just bought 2004 A8 L with 113000 mi and love the car! I am tall and drive about 200 miles day. The all wheel drive is exactly what I need for the winter snow and there's more room and luxery in this car than I expected. The massage seats while also in heat mode really make the long drives comfortable. Every Audi owner I talked to say the same thing about the 4.2L motor-Reliable. And-- I will not be going back to the cadillac. They are a bit pricey but so far very worth it!

I’m spoiled

by Paul from | December 28, 2012

you would not like any other car, i had German car before, but ..... This car is outstanding in snowy condition, better than my 4x4 RAM !!!!!

Engineering Marvel

by Jake from Boston, Mass | May 15, 2012

This thing (2004 A8L) is a rocket ship when needed or an extremely comfortable sedan for 4 people at 250lbs with plenty of head and legroom. Will buy a new one in the next couple of years (new to me, used of course!)

Great car

by Harley Ron from Palm Springs | April 2, 2012

I was hesitant to go from a 2000 Camaro SS Convertible to a big luxury sedan because I love the handling & performance of sports cars. I LOVE the Audi A8L! With the Quattro drive it handles like a sports car - with a big leather sofa in the back. And what a smooth ride. It doesn't feel like a big car at all to me.

2004 Audi A8 L

by Audi Enthralled from Knoxville, Tn | October 25, 2011

I purchased a 2004 Audi A8 L from the chicago area and I have been pleased to the end. It is a technological marvel and I have enjoyed it completely. It had 77000 miles when purchased and I will be taking it in for it's service soon. Crossing fingers it's not too expensive an undertaking. The engine is strong and the drive is unsurpassed by any vehicle I've previously owned, including Infiniti's, corvettes, Nissans.

My Gateway into Fine Luxury and the best Ride ever

by Audis for Life! from Columbus, Ohio | October 21, 2011

Hello I purchased my 2004 Audi A8 via Cars.com Up in Cleveland Ohio with a Shocking Low Mileage of 63,000 miles on it.. I Have an 03 A6 4.2 v8 as well and I must say the Audi A8 L is on a whole different plateau. It rides so Smooth and the Transmission shifts without any hesitstation.. It is great on gas and gets up on the Highway.. Now let's talk about the spacious interior.. Your passengers will feel like they are in a Limo or a Maybach LOL! with all of the Comfortable leg room this car delivers. For the price a sure must have!!!

Best Car I have ever owned!!

by Travelr from Minnesota | December 29, 2010

I have owned a 2004 Audi A8 L since 2006 and have loved every minute of it. Best car I have ever driven, much less owned. If you are looking for the ultimate combination of performance, comfort and styling, look no further. The A8 is simply an incredible feat of engineering. I see some people on this site complaining about problems they have had. I suppose that can happen with any vehicle, but I have had no problems whatsoever myself, and know several other owners with similar positive experiences. Reliability has NOT been an issue with the A8, and especially since the new body style came out in 04. I should also point out that I drove the BMW 7-series and the Mercedes 500 series vehicles extensively before buying the A8. In my opinion, there was just no comparison. Aside from my preference for the exterior body style of the A8, the performance and interior on the A8 are far better than the competition in my opinion. I would strong encourage anyone to drive all the cars and see for yourself. Audi designs cars for drivers. Test drive an A8 and find out what that means!

Best Car I Ever Owned, hands down

by diddy from Houston | June 28, 2010

I purchased this car used and purchased an extended warranty through Audi. I owned the car for about three months before my only trouble started. The car button stopped working. I brought it to Audi and they fixed it free of charge. I was given a Q7 to drive while my new computer system came in from Germany. The service at Audi is outstanding. The key to this car is to make sure you have Warranty from Audi. There is no substitute. I will definitely recommend to friends.

Stay Away from This Car!

by Too bad for Audi from washington d.c. | October 30, 2009

I owned this car for one year. It's giving me nothing but a headache. I had this car more in the dealer than I had driving it. I've spent around $10k with routine maintenance and problems with tire pressure monitor, brake replacement, new tires, hot temperature gauge monitor... and the list goes on and on. Worst part is that I can't go anywhere else except the dealer because no other garages have the tools for it. The ride and performance and features are great in the car, but for spending top dollar for it, I had expected the car to be reliable. This car is far from it. Stay away from this monstrosity unless you have very deep, DEEP pockets or have someone else to pay it for you. Because it is not worth your money.

Great looking car! Great Drive

by A-8 Owner from Ohio | October 24, 2007

We've had this car for 4 years. After working out the problems with the sunroof and a brake squeal it's been a pleasure to drive. About the only room for improvement would be to have a larger cup holder and regular center consol where you put your sunglass and wallet. The cup holder has 2 different sizes - if both of you have a regular can then 1 will slide around. Picky I know but other than that great car!

Featured Services for this Audi A8