2006 Audi A8

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Most Unreliable Car I've Ever Owned

by Car Guy from Minneapolis, MN | September 22, 2013

I bought my 2006 A8L as a certified pre-owned. After looking at S-class and 7 series the Audi was by far the best combination of luxury and sport. That combined with the certified warranty made my decision an easy one. When this car is running as designed it's fantastic! On the downside in the last 22 months it's been at the dealers shop over 300 days! The majority of the problems have been electrical and intermittent. I've done my best to be patient and keep hoping the problems would be fixed. I finally reached out to Audi USA for assistance and wasn't offered much help in my opinion. I asked them to buy it back like a new car lemon and they said no. I asked to have the warranty extended and again was told no.I've owned over 70 cars since I started driving. My prior car was a MB E500 4matic and only required routine maintenance in 84,000 miles of driving. I don't feel this car is indicative of all Audi products but this car is a LEMON and Audi should step up and admit this! .

The most luxurious car I've owned to date

by Luxury Car Enthusiast from Maryland | December 9, 2012

Let me first start by saying this car is the best luxury sedan I've owned. I have been an owner of an E-350, Lexus LS430, and BMW 5 series. These cars have all had their issues like the Audi A8L but since owning this car, anything else would be a step down. A run down of some of the issues I've had to date include: failed engine valve - repair cost $300 to include labor Both Door assist on the driver's side $700 to include labor Seatbelt actuator $200 to include labor. If you are in the market for this vehicle you will not be disappointed. I will be keeping this car for awhile, and my next vehicle will be a sportscar to off set the luxury feel (smile). Did I mention, I really love this car.

The most luxurious Sports Luxury Car I have owned

by Wahooo from Hobe Sound, FL. | November 29, 2012

The A8L with the Premium Sport Package is a limo with the heart of a Bugatti. The interior appointments of this car are hard to find in one automobile. The double stitched leather and burl-wood with two toned interior is beautiful. All wheel drive with four suspension modes plus speed adjusted lowering lets this car hold the road like a cat. Audi designed for 150 mph, Limited to 135 mph this is a Refined Sleeper with lots of power and unparalleled handling in all road conditions. Needless to say it is a dream to drive. Arrive in elegance after your exhilarating ride. This is the car in Transporter III with Jason Statham. Need I say more?

Audi A8

by Love Cars from Elk Grove, CA | January 16, 2012

This is an excellent car the quality in its class is great. I drove the 4 door Mazarati then the A-8 both cars are excellent but the price lent me to the A-8.

Excellent car better than bimmers

by One from Philly | July 29, 2011

Best luxury car I've own way better than bimmers with more options. The performance is exceptional highly recommended

Wow!! What a car

by MikeOh from Ohio | April 25, 2011

Traded a Jaguar S-Type for this A8L. I thought Jaguar had the best ride until I drove this beauty. The features, the styling, the engineering are flawless. I do exaggerate a bit - the cup holders are way too shallow and the outside mirrors are remarkably small for such a large car. Also, I always love the automatic rearview mirror that dims headlight coming from behind, but what is the use if the side mirrors are not treated as well? Still, I do admit that this is one fine piece of machinery. The power, the intuitiveness of the MMI control, the stable yet refined ride. All I can say is Wow!! What a car

W12 is just amazing

by Lex Audi Nut from | May 20, 2009

W12 has just amazing comfort and performance. Wolf in a sheep's clothing. Every possible luxury, including a DVD player and a fridge in the back seat. Kids just love it, even for all day rides. The best ever. I can compare - I've had BMW 7-series and S- and SL -Mercs.

Fabulous

by KJ from Dallas, Tx | November 13, 2008

Bought my 2006 A8L 2+ years ago; now have 35000 miles on it. I'm VERY tall, so the extra legroom is well appreciated. The most comfortable car I've ever been in. Love the quattro handling! The quality of the interior is unparalleled. I've had no mechanical problems to speak of (one minor latch problem which the dealer addressed quickly). I'm really spoiled now. Was so impressed with the A8L that I bought my son a new A4 this Fall. Audi is on a roll!

SPASMIC RIDE

by JOHN, QUSENEK from SF,CA | August 16, 2006

ALL I CAN SAY, GREAT JOB TO AUDI INGENEERS, LOVE THE POWER AND QIUTE INTERIOR. GREAT STYLE AND STIGMA.

Sweetest ride I've ever had

by GalaxyOne from Atlanta, GA | August 16, 2006

Hits - The A8L turns heads for classic styling, and draws purrs from passengers for its fit, finish, uncluttered layout and exceptional leg and head room in the back seat. I especially like the multi-adjustable seats, including lumbar support and seat bottom extension (I have long legs, this is really comfortable). The engine is smooth and powerful, upshifting is smooth, downshifting sometimes too early, but overall very driveable. My wife loves the visibility all around and especially the proximity sensors when backing up or parking in tight spaces. I've had virtually no complaints requiring maintenance. Fit and finish are outstanding. Misses - Few, but the V8 drinks gas. also, the length of the A8L makes parking in tight spaces a chore, usually requiring a couple of minor adjustments to straighten out in the space. Initial tire wear was horrible (only 15k miles), but replacements have fared better. I highly recommend the Audi A8L as the best car I've ever owned.

Featured Services for this Audi A8