The A8 is Audi's flagship full-size luxury sedan. It's available in regular- and long-wheelbase (A8 L) form, both of which seat five. It competes with the BMW 7 Series, Lexus LS 460 and Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
New for 2010
The W-12 engine and S8 high-performance model are no longer available.
A8s feature a version of Audi's distinctive single-frame grille and adaptive headlights, as well as side mirrors with turn-signal lights. It's available in both regular-length and long-wheelbase versions. The longer-wheelbase version also features distinct rocker panels.
- Standard 19-inch wheels (regular wheelbase models)
- Regular- and long-wheelbase versions available
- Optional 20-inch high-polished aluminum wheels with Sport Package
- Standard power door closers
- Standard LED daytime running lights
Five people fit inside the A8 and A8 L. The driver faces a multifunction four-spoke steering wheel. Wood trim extends to the sides of the interior and complements leather upholstery. Power front seats can be equipped with massage, heating and ventilating functions. The Bose surround-sound system includes a CD changer and 12 speakers. A Bang & Olufsen stereo is optional. An optional Cold Weather Package includes a heated leather steering wheel with shift paddles, heated rear seats and a ski sack with a rear seat pass-through.
The A8's interior features also include:
- Standard advanced keyless entry and engine start-up
- Standard Audi parking system with rearview camera
- Standard power trunk opener
- Available rear vanity mirrors
- Available four-zone climate control
Under the Hood
The A8's V-8 engine mates to a six-speed automatic transmission that permits Tiptronic manual gear selection. The A8's adaptive air-spring suspension permits speed-dependent lowering of the car's body for increased directional stability. The W-12 engine, which came standard on the A8 L in 2009, has been discontinued for 2010.
- 350-horsepower, 4.2-liter V-8 with 325 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Standard Quattro all-wheel drive
An optional Technology Package features adaptive cruise control, side assist and lane assist. The side assist feature alerts the driver when vehicles are alongside the A8. With Audi's lane assist, the steering wheel vibrates if the A8 nears a painted lane marking and the turn signal hasn't been activated.
Standard safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Many airbags, including knee, front and rear side-impact airbags, and side curtain airbags
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Audi A8.