2013 Audi Q7

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Fantastic Car

by Steve G from SF Bay Area, CA | July 9, 2014

I bought my 2011 Audi Q7 TDI 3 1/2 years ago. In the past dozen years before that I had only driven BMWs, all of which were bought new. When I went to buy the new X5 I was shocked at how chintzy the interior had gotten as compared to the two I previously owned. So the first thing I noticed about the Q7 was how nice the interior is. The car only has 37K miles on it now. But, other than having to replace the horrible OEM Pirelli tires, and a windshield or three, it has been a dream car. What else can you drive that is so comfortable, responsive, safe and gets 24-32 MPG?? I rarely keep a car this long. And the only reason I have is because I've not found anything that interests me, or is a better car. So I will wait patiently another year or so and buy the new Q7 when Audi finally replces the 8 year old design. I'm sold. Drive them all, but you will find the Q7 - especially with the diesel engine - is absolutely the best buy in the fullsize SUV market.

front end noise

by Buff from Alva, Fl. & Old Forge, N Y | June 28, 2014

I've had my Q7 TDI for 45 days and have a disturbing front end noise. Sounds like metal rubbing metal. Dealer can't find anything wrong. I never had an all wheel drive vehicle before nor a diesel so it's difficult for me to figure out this noise. Perhaps it's the Perilli tires. Seems dealer should ascertain if this is the problem but guess I'll have to keep going back to them. Also a dislike is the radio/nav system. I think I have finally figured it out but the radio tuning is difficult especially when on different trips and don 't know the radio stations. Cup holders are located in a less ideal locations. I find I am taking my eyes off the road to use the radio/nav and trying to place a beverage in a cup holder. Not good designing. Otherwise vehicle does ride nice and I love the get up and go.

MOST STISFYING VEHICLE EVER

by CAR FREAK from BOCA GRANDE, FL | March 5, 2014

THIS ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS VEHICLE IS FAR AND AWAY THE MOST SATISFYING AUTOMOBILE I'VE EVER OWNED AND I HAVE HAD OVER 100 CARS. IN SHORT, THIS Q7 EXCELS IN EVERY RESPECT!

Simply awesome!

by sarasota from sarasota | October 30, 2013

Wow, to read the other reviews, I would think these cars are junk. thankfully, I didn't before I bought mine. My Audi Sline prestige is the most amazing vehicle I have ever owned ! I bought it brand new off the lot in Sarasota and have had nothing but joy every time I get behind the wheel. The supercharged 3.0 L engine is peppy, and the ride is amazing. the seats make me feel like im in a sports car, but are amazingly comfortable for long drives as well. granted, I don't live in a snowy or icy climate, but if I did I would have winter tires for the winter season as anyone should realize that high performance tires will not stick to the road the same in the cold. but, down here they stick to the asphalt like glue and the vehicle corners as well as my previous Mercedes E550 and its an SUV! I cant believe how lucky that I am that Range Rover had a 6 month wait. it made me test drive everything else available. and all that I can say is wow. im so lucky that I ended up at the Audi dealer. My sales guy, Mark was the bomb as well. I could not have had a better experience all the way around.

Very disappointing SUV

by Florida owner from Fort Lauderdale, FL | April 23, 2013

I bought the 2013 Q7 Premium Plus version 8 months ago, having traded my 2010 Acura MDX. It is natural to compare any new vehicle with the previous one owned, so I will make a few comments in that respect. My first impression was that this is a very pretty and luxurious vehicle. The 4-wheel drive is excellent and the 3.0L engine does its best to produce adequate, but not outstanding performance. The interior is extremely comfortable and there is plenty of space in the 1st and 2nd rows. The 2nd row also reclines and has forward/backwards adjustment, with lots of legroom and full A/C controls. However, the Q7 is a complete failure as an SUV and I strongly suggest that anyone considering buying one should pay close attention to the following rear-end faults. AUDI was clearly more used to designing luxury saloons and all of their attention was spent on producing an exciting shape, without attention to function. These are the three biggest and most annoying faults with the luggage department. 1/ The roof slopes down so much at the rear that the loading height, through the hatch is reduced to only 28.5". Their are many items that won't slide in, such as a 2'x2' table and many items that you would buy at Home Depot or local auctions. 2/ The hatch lid is not flat. It curves sharply at the sides and several people have banged their heads on it, as they walk around to the back of the vehicle, because the sides hang down, just 67" above the ground. If you are more than 5' 7" tall - good luck! Normally, a lid should be well out of the way. 3/ For me, not the biggest problem, but the luggage capacity behind the front row is only 72.5 cu ft. The MDX is 103.5. To give a better idea, the new Ford Escape is 67.8". So, AUDI has produced a "full-size SUV that has only 4.7 cu ft more than a Ford Escape! Another surprising feature is that there is sometimes a noticeable level of front-end road noise, unlike the almost silent MDX, Mercedes models and others. In summary, and as I mentioned before, I feel that this excellent automobile manufacturer does not have the history and expertise with SUVs that their competitors have. Someone decided to design a sloping roof that they thought looked stylish and sexy, but never for a moment considered the impact this would have on the loading ability and capacity. Maybe they thought that the targeted owners only carried shopping and maybe a briefcase, but the reality is that the folks who can afford this vehicle, also visit Home Depot, buy bits of furniture and take their families on vacation. Finally, if you are techy guy like me, you may be able to get to grips with the audio/nav etc. It took me two weeks to understand most of it. If any other owner discovers how to stop the radio coming on when you start the engine, please post it here. The dealer could not and AUDI USA did not reply.

Best 7 passenger SUV for the money - OK Period!

by logicaudi from San Diegp, CA | April 2, 2013

We looked at everything from the Explorer (cheap materials) to the Benz (about $7K more for the same features) and love our Audi. Handles great for a very heavy vehicle. I drive city pretty much all the time and average 14 miles to a gallon - a premium gallon. But I promised my wife if I spent $60K on a car I can't complain about fuel cost. Our girls love the extra shades of the warm weather package and now their Aunt and Uncle can ride with us for breakfast on the weekends. It has some punch from the light or on the highway and stops just as smoothly. We have had no service issues with our 2013 Q7. The seats are comfortable on long trips and I like the nav system (although like another reviewer mentioned - and it is annoying that it asks if you want to make a connection because your provider may charge for this). Audi's are known for safety, handling, and styling and that is exactly what you get with the Q7.

Worst Car We've Ever Owned

by Ohio Driver from Ohio | March 25, 2013

We have been fortunate enough to have a variety of company and personal cars in the last decade. Also fortunate that we've liked them all...until now. We purchased a fully-loaded Audi Q7 last summer and just sold it for a loss this week. There were a number of inherent design features that we didn't like, but there were also an annoying string of mechanical & electrical glitches that ultimately weren't comprehensively addressed by the dealer. Among them: --The alignment was awful. It was almost like there was a right-hand-turn assist feature that went sour. The perpetual right-lean seemed to improve for awhile after a trip to the service dept., but then it would be markedly worse. --The back lift gate would jam at the most inconvenient times. Either it wouldn't want to open, wouldn't want to close, or worse -- it would stop half way up and stay there. Wrestling with that thing was a bear. One dealer employee helpfully suggested that perhaps I just didn't know how to push the buttons properly, but another employee later confided that this was a common glitch that they were seeing in this model. --The tires wore down so much that when we took the car in for an estimate, it was suggested that we needed to replace them. Did I mention already that we had this car for less than a year? --This Audi skated across the ice like my grandpa's rear-wheel drive boat of a Buick. It's likely the alignment and tire wear trumped the all-wheel-drive performance features. --The heat fans would turn on randomly. We'd turn them off. They'd go back on, full blast. Sometimes this would happen several times before we'd get them to comply. This was an especially unpleasant game to play when it was 75 degrees outside. And then there was the more minor stuff: --We have recently owned a Ford and a BMW with superb navigation systems. The Audi's was a beast. Couldn't find addresses, came up with totally random responses to voice commands ("Columbus, OH" would turn up "Hartford, Connecticut", etc.) and took ages and ages to upload. We ended up Mapquesting things before we left the house. --We purchased a year-long data plan with our Audi that covered all navigation and internet links. Despite this, every time we would try to use the system a "Your provider may charge for this surface. Would you like to make a connection?" prompt would pop up. Sometimes several times. It was grating and it inevitably slowed things down when you tried to use any of the data functions. --The much-trumpeted Wifi was slower than dirt. --The cup holders sit at your elbow in this car. Not an ergomatic dream match if you're hoping to drink a cup of coffee and drive your car at the same time. --Bluetooth in this car worked only for the phone -- not the audio. Any audio device needed to be plugged inside of the dash box. This was a minor inconvenience when we wanted to play iTunes when other people in the car wanted to use the device for games, etc. --Defrosting the front windshield took forever. It was like there were two blind spots on the middle of the windshield that the heaters just couldn't reach. Although the dealer told us that turning the "air conditioner" button on while the heat fans were running would speed things up, we never did get it to work like any other car we've ever had. All of the above would have been annoying if we had purchased any car, but it was especially irritating given the price tag of the Audi Q7. Perhaps we just bought a lemon this time around? Buyer beware!

Blaise

by momof2 from Miami FL | February 14, 2013

We got this car to replace a failing ML550, a car I've enjoyed. But in the past few years Mercedes and BMW have dropped their game and produced cheap product. The Cayenne is too small for an active and growing family, and Lexus is basically a Toyota with an L glued on it. Which leaves German Car lovers with traditionally dull Audi. The car does it's job. Nothing exciting, and the interior is far from luxurious, and seems stiff and dated. The cupholder is in an awkward location,the front seats are highly uncomfortable on long trips, there are issues with the lowering of the backseats,and the steering column set way too low for long legged people. My biggest gripe is even though it has a lot of power, its just nothing to look at. No style, roll to the fenders, or attitude. It's not even "cute" like the M class. It's a three piece suit. A very large, expensive, mommy mobile.

Remarkable car

by New car shopper from St augustine fl | February 1, 2013

Go to Audi Jacksonville and ask for mike Raymond. Great costumer service and mike is the most informative no pressure salesman I have ever brought from. I buy a new car every year from different dealers and manufacturers but next trade will be with Audi and mike. They treat you like royalty.

the most unreliable vehicle

by audi q7 owner from TX | January 4, 2013

i have driven the vehicle for 7 months I own it and it has multiple problem. from air condition to seat back cover falling apart and fuel economy is terrible. I get between 13 - 15 mile per gallon