2009 Audi R8

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Aussome R*

by Rhino from La Costa, CA | June 17, 2014

I have owned a lot of sports cars including several ferraris and this is the best in terms of build quality and handling. The tranny take a little getting use to in the auto mode, but otherwise I think the car is perfect. A porsche 911 I have is the only thing that comes close.

I Have to sell it =(

by Michael Schumacher from Scottsdale,AZ | August 27, 2010

This was the greatest all around car, eaven better then my 997 Carrera 4S i owned prior to this. I cant tell you what its like on the track, but i can tell you that the oil change cost $35 and the people at Audi were more then pleased to work on it, and open their "Special R8 Tool boxes" to work on it. I can also tell you that i payed $300 a month on insurance, and had a few great getaways for two, without a problem and that after 10.000 mi. on it evrything is absolutly perfect on it and evrything shuts and feels very Audi, just fits perfect. When you shut the door it feels very solid like a old S-class or any new Audi or Porsche. And i'm also selling it for $10k less then what i purchased it for i'm more then pleased with that!!! And now that its time for something new im going with the R8 V10 and picking up some track time lessons.

Greatest car in the world!!!!!

by Richie Richie from New York, NY | June 14, 2010

When I was on vacation, I saw this car and I knew I had to have one. I have never really been into coupes, but I have super-sedans, such as the Mercedes Benz S63 AMG. I love this car, and although I have had many, many cars, this is the greatest one I have ever owned.

A Jewel of a Car

by ayrton from Tucson, AZ | January 13, 2010

This car is truly a little jewel of a car in the way it's designed and put together. Handling is impeccable and the performance of the V8 is quite strong. I also have a 2009 911 Turbo Cab with Tiptronic for comparison. The acceleration of the R8 at higher speeds doesn't really compare (317 vs. 505 lbs/ft) but it still is a very good performer. The V8 revs like a 4-cylinder to 8000rpm and the car is geared relatively low to take advantage of the "revability" of the engine. This puts the revs about 800rpm higher than one might like on the highway, but the engine is so smooth that the noise level is still quite good. The only negatives are the luggage space is quite small with really nowhere to put anything in the cabin either. The cupholders are a joke-I only mention them because they are so useless they're funny. The R-tronic transmission is very bad in Auto mode so I use manual mode all the time, unlike the Porrsche which is the epitome of smoothness and refinement. The R8 is calibrated like a race car-very frustrating to drive at sane speeds. I want to floor it and throw it into curves and turns at every opportunity and I know it won't bite me if I do.

Greatest car on Earth!!!

by AwesomeMAN from N/A | July 27, 2009

This is the greatest car I have ever driven. If you have the money for this car, then you should for sure buy it. It is great!!!

Best Car I've ever Owned

by Posrsche - There IS a substitute... from Dallas, TX | September 11, 2008

I traded in my '04 911 turbo convertible. While I miss the convertible, this car is so amazing. Drives/Looks/Feels better in every way. It just makes me rejuventated when I get in it and hear the initial grumble of the engine and drive off. The looks are erotic and everywhere you go the car gathers onlookers. It is an amazing car. I hope Audi keeps production low to keep the unique-ness of it not to mention resale value where I want it.