2005 Audi S4

2005 Audi S4
Available in 5 styles:  2005 Audi S4 4dr AWD Quattro Sedan shown

15 city / 21 hwy

Overall

Very well versed in car knowledge

by B from Grayslake, IL | July 20, 2013

I came here to purchase a 2004 Nissan Xterra that i absolutely fell in love with. The owner greeted me with a great smile on his face and even offered me an energy drink which i had to accept! As we discussed the car he went over the carfax report with me in great detail and even gave me my own copy so i could review it with my wife. He told me himself, the car will sell itself, not the other way around. After a few days of sleeping on it my wife and i decided to purchase the car and havent been happier since. I've had no problems with the car and actually enjoy my weekends off roading in it and still being able to drive to work. It has been very reliable and i am so grateful for purchasing my car at executive!!!

Great car with 1 major problem

by JW from Pennsylvania | March 19, 2012

The A4 is a spectacular car. I saw it on Top Gear (UK) a few years ago and have wanted one since. Interior is superb in typical Audi fashion of the era but keep in mind this is practically a sportscar and the ride is a little bumpy on rough roads with the stiffer springs/dampers and those low profile tires. But it does stick like glue in the twisties and goes wherever you point it. The exhaust/engine note is was sold me. Not to mention the performance. There is just something brilliant about that 4.2L V8 in the A4 chasis. On the flip side, before buying one of these used make sure to search "B6 S4 oil consumption" and fully understand what you may be getting into buying a used 4.2L S4. I would not buy one again without a certified pre-owned warranty that covers replacement of the engine (which could be a $10-$20k ordeal)

Unique Vehicle!!

by Audicionado from Bay Area San Francisco, CA | March 16, 2011

I purchased a ised B6 S4 with 52k miles and this is one of a kind vehicle. I drive my son to school and do my daily commute and the pleasure of driving the car is unique and amazing. So far I have not had any issues with the car and soon is going for the 55k service. One thing is I would recommend the car but for service find yourself a good Indy mechanic.

Unleash the Beast!

by 6 on the Floor from St. Paul, MN | February 6, 2011

I have a hard time keeping this car under 100mph, all it wants to do is go fast. If you like to truly drive your car... this is the one for you!

Absolutely Fantastic

by Ex Ford Guy from Baltimore, MD | February 4, 2011

I've had my B6 S4 for about six months now and it's by far the best car I've owned. Quick, responsive, stylish... just a great car to drive. It's a bit of a sleeper compared to other vehicles in the same performance range which helps with insurance among other things. I've got 80,000 miles on the clock and the car still feels solid. The only complaint so far is the 10 quarts of oil the 4.2 needs. I wasn't expecting $100 on oil+filter for each change. Ordering the filters online helps, but it's just something to keep in mind. The AWD system is fantastic. Even in 6" of snow the car just plows (literally) through - even with summer tires. The Ricardo seats are comfortable even for longer drives. Heated seats are also a plus. I haven't had any problems with the pixels in the stereo/climate controls. Back seat is a bit snug but it can fit a child safety seat just fine (my Goddaughter loves zipping around turns, it always brings a smile and a giggle). I get 19mpg on average when I'm not driving like an idiot but be forewarned, with 340hp and AWD it's really tempting to have a little fun... on a closed course with a professional driver of course.

Best car I have ever owned!!

by Audiomannh from New Hampshire | April 9, 2010

Fantastic all around sports sedan.Classic looks,best interior in the business,awesome V8 engine,very smooth and powerful.Still faster than most cars out there except for true sports cars.Very reliable,comfortable,and practical.I would not trade it for a BMW,only its big brother,the RS4.

Porsche 911 Killer...

by The One from Indiana | September 23, 2009

This car is great. German V8 is just unbelievable and all wheel drive is amazing. I will never drive anything else but the Audi all wheel drive. The car has plenty of power and stop signs have whole new meaning....:)

Drive the rest, Settle for the BEST

by Audi NUT from brooklyn,NY | May 19, 2009

This car has power when needed, ample to be exact, tons of torque and the new Audi V8s are virtually bulletproof. Had mine now for 3yrs with zero problems. Had to once replace coil packs but its a simple and inexpensive task. (common Audi issue) Extremely comfortable,did I mention the never ending torque...two thumbs up!!! Audi did it again!!

Amazing S4

by Jai from woodbridge,va | November 9, 2008

It is truely a drivers car. I had been an owner of two BMW, (very nice cars), and I recently did an unthinkable thing by trading in my 06 330i for an S4 and wasn't so sure of the move, but I'm so glad I did it, and love every bit about S4. It is Truely an amazing ride..

This car rocks

by Bimmer Guy from | November 1, 2008

This car rocks. If you test drive it - push it. You wont be disappointed. It simply runs. It likes to be pushed hard and in sport mode, it's downright scarey. If it had wings, it would fly. I've had 13 BMW's (Currently a 2001 m5) 4 Audi;s (currently an S4) two Merc's and a variety of second tier cars and this car tops them all - including the M5. It's not as fast, but the Audi is simply FUN. Reliability is a question for the older ones and maintenance is expensive, but when this car is right - there is nothing better to drive. I commute in it in the suits on the way to meeting, I kick it at 120+ Mph in my jeans on the weekends. This car is woerh every penny. Audi's dont hold there value, so I wouldnt buy one new, but I will keep this car for a long time.

Featured Services for this Audi S4