The performance-oriented S5 and its layman twin, the A5, are aimed straight for their fellow two-door heartthrobs: the BMW 3 Series coupe and Mercedes-Benz E-Class coupe. The S5 can have a 354-horsepower V-8, all the better to compete with BMW's M3 coupe.
New for 2010
A new Cabriolet model joins the lineup and LED taillights are standard.
The S5 is instantly recognizable as an Audi, with the brand's customary wide-mouth grille flanked by lower air intakes. The car seems downright angry thanks to a grille with vertical chrome bars and angular headlights.
- LED daytime running lights and taillights
- Standard 19-inch alloy wheels
- Sport suspension
- Quad exhaust
The S5's dashboard looks much like that of Audi's larger A6. A broad dome overlaps the gauges and central information screen, which incorporates the optional navigation system.
- Front sport seats
- Standard features include automatic climate control, leather seats and Audi's Multi Media Interface
- MMI governs various functions — including the optional navigation system — with a central knob behind the gearshift
- Brushed aluminum trim
Under the Hood
The S5 has a direct-injection 4.2-liter V-8 that's good for 354 hp and 325 pounds-feet of torque. There is also a new supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 that makes 333 horsepower and 325 pounds-feet of torque.
- Six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission
- Seven-speed automatic transmission with 3.0-liter V-6
- All-wheel drive with rear-biased torque split
- Zero to 60 mph in 4.9 seconds (coupe) or 5.1 seconds (convertible)
Standard safety features include:
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Audi S5
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.