The performance-oriented four-seat S5 and its layman sibling, the Audi A5, are aimed straight at their fellow two-door heartthrobs: the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Both the S5 coupe and S5 Cabriolet (convertible) are powered by a 333-horsepower, supercharged V-6.
New for 2013
The S5 coupe now uses the supercharged V-6 engine from the S5 convertible, replacing the 4.2-liter V-8 previously offered.
In addition to the new engine for the coupe, the S5 gets a redesigned front bumper along with a new grille, hood, headlamps and LED daytime running lights. There's also a restyled rear bumper. On the inside, the Multi Media Interface controls have been restyled, and there are new chrome accents. The newly available Audi Connect telematics system uses 3G cellphone technology to enable Google Maps satellite-image overlays, real-time gas prices, weather information, news and Wi-Fi service for up to eight devices.
The S5 is instantly recognizable as an Audi, with the brand's customary wide-mouth grille flanked by lower air intakes. The car looks downright angry, thanks in part to angular headlights. Exterior features include:
- LED daytime running lights and taillights
- Sport suspension
- Quad exhaust
The S5's dashboard has a broad dome that overlaps the gauges and central information screen, which incorporates the optional navigation system. Interior features include:
- Front sport seats
- Chrome interior accents
- Silk Nappa leather upholstery
- Automatic climate control
- Available Bang & Olufsen premium stereo
Under the Hood
The S5 has a supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 that makes 333 hp and 325 pounds-feet of torque. Mechanical features include:
- Six-speed manual or seven-speed automatic transmission
- Standard all-wheel drive with rear-biased torque split
- Available sports rear differential
Standard safety features include:
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags (coupe)
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 Audi S5.
Asking Price Range