2002 Audi TT

See Photos & Videos

Overall

good news, bad news

by meme from cincinnati | July 14, 2014

fun, fast, good looking, great features BUT- most of the suspension/undercarriage/mechanicals gave out before 40,000 mi. and don't get me started on the faulty computer unit audi refused to replace despite a class action lawsuit loss.

Beautiful convertible

by tboy from Dallas, TX | May 29, 2013

The TT convertible has got to be the prettiest convertible on the road. I'm amazed at the compliments I get from strangers. It is fun to drive and I haven't driven 'stick' in years. It all comes back in about 30 seconds.

Great Experience @ Audi of Westmont

by OTIS from madison | April 4, 2013

I found an awesome car I loved and unfortunately it was sold to someone else. Ozzie Haleem and Tim Trosclair found me the exact same car with lower mileage and made sure it was to my liking and did not charge me a penny over the amount of the other car. I will buy all my future cars from them. This place truly knows the value running a good business and holding the customer priority over making a quick profit. Even after the car drove off the lot Tim made sure to follow up with me and make sure I was happy, He even sent me a brand new grille so that the car would look brand new. These guys are great if you are looking to buy a car in the area you should check here first.

I LOVE my car!!

by Jen from PA | September 22, 2012

I love my car!! I just got it two weeks ago...2002 ALMS edition, 6-spd, 225hp, Moro Red Pearl with tan/black interior (forget the actual color name)...very sharp! It has 96,000 miles, and the motor and transmission seem in very good condition. She is so fun to drive!! There are a few electrical problems. The temperature gage and fuel gage don't work to well...was told that the instrument cluster needed to be replaced...$$$$$! The dealer did tell me that I could have the cluster fixed for a fraction of the cost by sending it out. Also, the driver door lock sensor seems to be malfunctioning ...the car doesn't know when the driver door is open, so the dome light doesn't come on when the door is open, the window doesn't drop down 1/4-in when the door is open, and if you open the driver door after you've unlocked it with the remote, if you have the door open for a couple of minutes after that the car will lock back up. Both of these issues seem to be common problems in the TT. Other than that, I LOVE my car!!

Fun, fun, fun

by Sam from Dallas, TX | August 30, 2012

This car is so fun to drive! The interior is first class and the speed an handling are great. A small back seat but most sports cars this nice have NO back seat. This $40000 car is a steal now in the used car market.

It's Fun While It Lasts

by Geovanny from Chicago | November 22, 2011

I have only had the car for a year and already i have taken it to the shop 5 time. 5!!! Even though the car is a head turner i dont find it worth the problems that come with it.

Important you know

by Geo from Chicago, IL | May 13, 2011

The car is a two passenger car. the back sits only fit small children. I just think it's imporant you know this before buying it. i have to trade it in soon because my kids are getting bigger and no longr fit fit in the back sit

Great little sports car

by audi enthusiast from tn | April 22, 2011

225hp, 6spd, quattro, Awesome car, handles great, well built, solid little car.Alot of car for the money and in such a small package. For the people that whine about expensive audi repairs, learn to work on them yourself, of course mechanics are going to charge a premium price on a premium car. If you want to waste $1200 on a cluster, go ahead and whine about it, or you can remove it, send it out and have it rebuilt for under $300. Audi's, bmw, vw's are just like any other car, any experienced mechanic can work on them. The good thing about vw/audi they have a great following on the net, which makes trouble shooting and repairs easy,parts are reasonable and some even cheap. you can even get a factory repair manual and rosstech vagcom scan tools, you can't do that with many other vechicles.

Nice but....

by mick from Temple | February 10, 2011

Bought a 2002 TT with 39k miles from a dealer in Austin. It was cold outside so I didnt get to check it over very well (not recommended!). After it warmed up I noticed the temp guage went all the way to hot, the readout had missing lines- basically a whole new guage cluster replacement ($1200). The window leaks, and the brakes need replaced (39k miles?). The drivetrain seems dependable from what I've read, but like the other guy said, these cars have alot of issues, and only Audi dealers can fix them. Have a BIG wallet! It does however run well, nimble driving and very nice inside. My wife wanted it, or I would never buy Audi for any reason!

Great affordable sports car. Quality built.

by Jim from Greensboro, NC | March 7, 2010

I own a navy blue 2002 TT Quattro. I've had two 911s, but I do enjoy driving this car. Repairs are not cheap, however, if you are buying a used one as I did make sure all the records are available and that major serving has been. Done. My car is in very good condition and I've had no problems since purchasing the car last summer from a qualified dealer. It has great shifting and response. It is also a safe car to experience a lot of enjoyment.

Featured Services for this Audi TT