After 10 years, Bentley's flagship Arnage is in its final year. For the first half of 2009, the Arnage comes in traditional trim levels of base R, extended-length RL and sporty T. Then, in the middle of 2009, just one trim level will be offered: the Arnage Final Series. The Arnage Final Series combines the performance of last year's Arnage T with the luxury and refinement of the Arnage R.
The Arnage Final Series is comparable in stature to the Maybach 57 and Rolls-Royce Phantom, though both of those cars cost about $100,000 more. Only 150 Arnage Final Series will be built.
The Azure convertible and Brooklands coupe share components with the Arnage, though both are substantially pricier. They are listed separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2009
The Arnage will drop the R, RL and T trim levels in mid-2009, leaving just the Final Series, which gets a new stereo unit with a larger display screen and an SD memory card slot instead of a CD player. There's also a new optional iPod integration unit, a 10-speaker, 1,100-watt audio system and backseat remote controls for the entertainment system.
Bentley sedans are largely hand-built. The Arnage T's grille receives a darker finish, while the Arnage R and RL receive chrome-finished grilles. An optional retractable "Flying B" emblem — Bentley's iconic symbol — can sit above the grille.
The Arnage Final Series has a few exclusive features, like a Bentley "Jewel" fuel cap and "Final Series" badging.
At 212.2 inches long and 76.1 inches wide, the Arnage is slightly smaller than competing stately sedans. The Arnage RL limousine is almost 10 inches longer. Most RLs are likely to be chauffeur-driven.
- Available in 42 exterior colors
- Available 18-, 19- or 20-inch wheels
- Xenon headlamps with auto-leveling function
- Power folding mirrors with auto-dimming glass
- Dual exhaust pipes
- Fog lamps
- Optional sunroof
Secondary controls on the Arnage are hidden behind veneered panels. Bentley buyers can choose between walnut, oak, bird's-eye maple and black lacquer interior trim to complement the myriad interior leather options. The Arnage Final Series comes with a rear cocktail cabinet with a "Final Series"-branded steel flask and shot glasses.
The trunk has 13.2 cubic feet of space, which is smaller than its competition.
- Available with 25 leather hides and three veneer trims
- Diamond-quilted leather seats
- Navigation system
- Power-adjustable tilt steering wheel with cruise control buttons
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Heated/powered seats in front and rear
Under the Hood
The Arnage Final Series gets the Arnage T's performance setup. The Final Series and Arnage T have a sports-tuned suspension, including stiffer road springs, anti-roll bars and revised damper tuning for better handling.
Bentley says each can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds.
- 450-horsepower, 6.8-liter V-8 with 645 pounds-feet of torque
- 500-hp, twin-turbocharged 6.8-liter V-8 with 738 pounds-feet of torque (on T and Final Series)
- Six-speed automatic transmission with sports function
- Adaptive/auto-leveling suspension
- Engine starter button
A backup camera is available on the Arnage. Standard safety features include:
- Side curtain airbags
- Front and rear side-impact airbags
- Front and rear sonar sensors
- Antilock braking system
- Electronic stability control
- Traction control
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 Bentley Arnage.