The Bentley Continental GT is a full-size, four-seat coupe. The coupe also comes in a high-performance model called Continental GT Speed, which cranks out a blistering 600 horsepower.
The Continental Flying Spur sedan and Continental GTC convertible share many components with the GT; both are listed separately in the Cars.com Research section.
In the $200,000 exotic-car range, Bentley's coupes represent a more civilized — if not quite as sporty — alternative to cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini and Aston Martin.
(Skip to details on the: Continental GT Speed)
Changes for 2009
The Continental GTC lineup gets a new front grille, a new optional audio system and some new exterior color options.
The Continental GT's appearance is far removed from the subtle designs of Bentley's past models.
In the front, exterior changes include a new grille that's more vertical and squared-off. There are also restyled quad headlights and a new bumper with a wider air intake.
The side profile features a pillar-less greenhouse with minimal front overhangs and pronounced rear fenders. Out back, there's a flush-mounted rear spoiler that rises automatically at high speeds.
- Available 19- or 20-inch wheels
- Choice of 16 exterior colors
- Twin bi-xenon headlamps with integrated washers
- Bentley-branded front brake calipers
- Power, heated and auto-dimming side mirrors
- Dual stainless steel exhaust pipes
- Power opening and closing trunk
Four people can enjoy the Continental GT coupe. According to Bentley, 6-foot-tall occupants fit easily in the front and rear seats. Interior designers worked with basketball players to ensure that people of all sizes and shapes could be accommodated.
A symmetrical dashboard mates with a center console that rises and curves to the sides in a shape resembling the design of the Bentley wing insignia. Most routine controls can be operated from the steering wheel. The GT comes in various interior color combinations — the carpets and seat belts can also be matched to the main or secondary interior hue.
- Available real wood or aluminum trim
- 17 different interior styles
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- Navigation system
- Optional three-spoke steering wheel
- Optional custom-built 15-speaker audio system
- Optional iPod hookup
Under the Hood
The GT is powered by a twin-turbocharged, four-overhead-cam W-12. The transmission can operate as either an automatic or as a clutchless manual and has the ability to lock its torque converter, providing an immediate shift response.
The suspension includes air springs, which help improve ride comfort.
- 552-hp, twin-turbo 6.0-liter W-12 with 479 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode
- All-wheel drive
- Auto-leveling/adaptive air suspension
- Speed-sensitive hydraulic steering
- Optional ceramic brake discs
- Optional adaptive cruise control
Ventilated disc brakes have Bosch antilock technology with brake assist and electronic brake-force distribution. The standard electronic stability system adds a Sport Traction mode that allows more wheelspin at lower speeds.
Continental GT Speed
The GT Speed has an upgraded version of the W-12 found in the GT. The GT Speed does zero to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds and has a top speed of 202 mph. Other distinguishing features include a dark-tinted front grille, 20-inch wheels and a lowered/upgraded suspension and steering tuning. The interior adds drilled alloy pedals, quilted leather and a chrome and leather gearshift.
- 600-hp, twin-turbo W-12 with 553 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- All-wheel drive
- 20-inch alloy wheels with Pirelli performance tires
- Available Burr Walnut, Dark Walnut and Piano Black trim
- Three-spoke sport steering wheel
- Embroidered Bentley emblem on seating surfaces
- Available lamb's-wool floormats
Back to top
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 Bentley Continental GT.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range