Bentley's Continental GTC is the convertible version of the automaker's Continental GT coupe. Powered by a W-12 like the GT, the 2+2 GTC features a power fabric roof that can lower in 25 seconds, plus a glass rear window. A performance model, called GTC Speed, debuted in 2009. Competitors include the Aston Martin DB9 convertible and Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder.
Its Continental GT sibling is covered as a separate model in Cars.com's Research section.
(Skip to details on the: Continental GTC Speed)
New for 2011
A Series 51 model allows customers to customize exterior and interior colors and features.
The GTC looks much like the GT in front of the windshield, but the GTC's rear deck has a chrome strip around the passenger compartment. The GTC has pronounced rear fenders, as well as four round headlamps with chrome bezel surrounds. Exterior features include:
- Available 19- or 20-inch wheels
- Auto-dimming powered and heated side mirrors
- Bi-xenon headlamps with headlight washers
- Auto-leveling headlights
- Automatic rain-sensing wipers
The GTC can seat up to four people on front and rear bucket seats, though the rear seats would likely only be comfortable for children.
Luxury features include six unbleached, laser-cut wood veneers and 17 different colors and styles for the leather-wrapped upholstered interior. A number of options, such as a four-spoke wood and leather steering wheel and lamb's-wool rugs, are available from Bentley's Mulliner organization. Interior features include:
- Available real wood or aluminum trim
- Diamond-quilted leather seating surfaces and door inserts
- Leather-wrapped gear selector and steering wheel
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Navigation system
- Available heated steering wheel
Under the Hood
The GTC comes with a standard twin-turbo W-12 engine, which is also found on the Continental Flying Spur.
Bentley says the convertible can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds and reach a maximum speed of 195 mph when the roof is up (190 mph when lowered). The GTC is 243 pounds heavier than the coupe because of reinforcements added to compensate for the body rigidity that's lost along with the metal roof. Mechanical features include:
- 552-horsepower, twin-turbo 6.0-liter W-12 with 479 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift mode
- All-wheel drive
- Auto-leveling/adaptive air suspension
- Speed-sensitive hydraulic steering
- Optional ceramic brake discs
- Optional adaptive cruise control
Two pop-up roll bars behind the rear seats deploy in the event of a rollover. Other safety features include:
- Front seat-mounted side airbags
- Antilock brakes with brake assist
- Electronic stability system with traction control
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Available front and rear parking cameras
Continental GTC Speed
The twin-turbo W-12 can go from zero to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds and reach a maximum speed of 200 mph. Other distinguishing features include a dark-tinted front grille, 20-inch wheels and a lowered and upgraded suspension. The rear features unique, wide dual tailpipes and a rear lip spoiler.
- 600-hp, twin-turbo W-12 with 553 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission with Drive and Sport modes
- All-wheel drive
- 20-inch alloy wheels with Pirelli performance tires
- Three-spoke sport steering wheel design
- Embroidered Bentley emblem on seating surfaces
- Available lamb's-wool floormats Back to top
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Bentley Continental GTC
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.