2011 BMW 128

18 city / 28 hwy

Overall

a fun car

by sporty sennior from springfield, MO | September 10, 2012

I bought a BMW 128 convertible...2011. I love it. It is just the right size for a sporty second car for my wife and I..

1283 m sport

by Hrdy from Conn. | June 5, 2012

Great car. High quality,fantastic handling and performance.unbeatable value , listed for $34,700 with leather,sunroof,heated seats,Bluetooth,M Sport package,6 speed

128 Convertible

by Auggie from Miami FL | October 25, 2011

I've had the car now for over 3 months and am very happy with it. The moment you hit the start button and the engine roars, it's gotta put a smile on your face. Cons: as a convertible it's hard to get in and out, the back seats are very limited but better than most of the competition. The body panels create a few drip lines that are always dirty (mine is white), at the back edge of the roof, and just under the door panels. Not good on gas, about 18MPG in the city is the best I've gotten. Bells and whistles cost a fortune, I went barebones. The ride is bumpy so make sure this is the car you want to drive every day. Pros: the engine sound, the steering, the handling, the acceleration, definitely worth the price of admission, and when the top comes down, that's when the fun starts.

2011 128i

by F1Flagger from N.E. PA. | May 18, 2011

This is my first BMW. Came out of a '04 G35 Coupe. I must say I am impressed. Hard to put a finger on it but feels like it was built out of a solid block. Handles GREAT! The back seat is small but I do not need it. Seats fold down so lots of rum for luggage for my Wife and I. Like everyone who owns one The run flat tires suck! When they wear out I will go with a regular performance tire. With only 500 miles on it now I can not comment on reliability. But people I know that own BMW have no major gripes. Looking forward to a long drive to Montreal next month for the F1 race!

after one month, I love my car.

by Nelson in Miami Beach from Miami Beach, FL | March 25, 2011

I traded in a 2003 525iT and I couldn't be happier. This thing is awesome, it is tight, handles great, gets fair gas mileage, stops on a dime, and it looks great.

Very nice little car

by Crowfly from Southern Oregon | March 23, 2011

I'll be honest, I was up until last year a dedicated and loyal Saturn owner. I know it sounds a little funny now that the company has folded, but I had good luck with Saturns. So, I might not be the most knowledgable about German autos. I've never driven anything that thrills me as much as this 128i. It handles excellent, and has as much power as I'll ever need. It has all the bells and whistles, and most come standard. After driving it for almost a year, I can find very little room for change. The only thing I could reccomend as an improvement is to make the second cupholder more accessible.

Sporty Little Performance Coupe

by LMN from SC | March 17, 2011

I am a small car person. I was looking for an upscale coupe in a small package. For me, the 3 series coupe was too big. I love the 128i. The 128i rides like a dream, has all the bells and whistles I wanted, has great power and still gets decent gas milage. The car makes me smile when I get in it! I haven't had my car long enough to really comment on relability but since the car is a BMW, I hope it has few (if any) service issue. This is the pefect car if you don't need much of back seat but want BMW quality in a small package. My only complaints are (1) the options (bells and whistles) really add up when it comes to sticker price and (2) the run flat tires which are expensive to replace. Overall, I am very happy with this sporty, yet sophisticated coupe!

Love it

by Larry from San DIego | January 5, 2011

Ok, about three months ago I took the plunge and ordered a 2011 128I convertible. The main factor in my decision was that I wanted a sporty convertible that wasnt just like everyone elses and delivered good performance. This would be about my 12th new car starting with a 1980 AMC spirit (yikes) and including Fords, Pontiacs, Jeeps, and Suzukis. I looked at he mini convertible and the volkswagon convertible (wife said it was too much of a chick car). I had owned a mustang convertible and was never really happy with it so I did not consider one this time. The car arrived a few weeks ago, it is titainium silver with the coral red leather interior. I added the value package and satellite radio but did not go for the nav or the the comfort entry (allows you to drive with the key in your pocket, didn't seem worth the money to me). My first impression of the car was that is was beautiful and everything worked, every seam, every stitch, every body panel was perfect. my dealer experiance was great, in fact I can't think of a single problem with the purchase. Driving the car is a true joy. The motor (which is the same one used int he 3 and 5 series but in a much lighter car) is really smooth and powerful, it seems like it requires no effort to move the car (The car only has 800 miles at this point so I have not used it at full power) and the sound is just right, It kind of screams precision. Handling is a little on the sporty side (read firm over bumps but glass smooth at 80 on the interstate) and it feels like it is glued to the road. The convertible top it pretty quiet at road speeds and a breeeze to put up and down. The back seat is small on this car, you should think of it as good for 2 adults and 2 children it would be really hard to fit 4 adults for any length of time. It is packed full of cool things that the brochures dont tell you about. 1 button folds in and out the side mirrors, the display on the dash changes colors automatically whan the sun shines on it for high visibility, 1 button will raise and lower all the windows at the same time, The computer reports when the outside conditions could cause icing and slippery roads. Learning to use all the features can be difficult so keep the manual close, you will be doing a lot of reading (I am an engineer, even so it is not all that intuitive). The transmission requires a few days to learn your driving style so at first it is kind of mushy but after a while is works flawlessly. In the end, I am really pleased with the car it is more than I expected. As a side note, the car attracts attention like nothing I have ever driven. Little kids hang out of van windows and scream "nice car" people stop you to tell you it is beautiful- That never happened with the mustang.

BMW 128i

by sfar123 from MD | December 8, 2010

Great car for 2 people and no room in the back seat. Gas millage could improve. Also cup holder could been better if installed in the dashport. Reliability is still to be determined.

Sports car with 4 seats

by Chipster from Philadelphia, PA | November 4, 2010

I've owned "premium" cars from Lexus and Infiniti before buying a BMW Z4 roadster 3 years ago. While I decided my next car had to have 4 seats, I was hooked on the BMW driving experience. The 2011 128 convertible I bought in June 2010 has been perfect. The handling is great, the ride is comfortable, and the quality is typical BMW, even though this is the "entry" model in the lineup. Rear setting room is tight, but it's generally only my wife and I in the car. When we go out with friends, no one minds the back seats for the 20 - 30 minutes it takes to get to a restaurant. Having owned cars ranging from the above Lexus/Infiniti sedans to Mazda RX-8 and Miatas, the 1 Series has delivered the best blend of performance/handling and utility.