1996 BMW 318

Available in 4 styles:  318 4dr Sedan shown
$978–$7,478

23 city / 31 hwy

Overall

Good performance, gas milage and very reliable

by Baskerville from Washington, DC | December 11, 2012

The BMW 318 IC car is very reliable that is why I am seeking a 2nd 1996 -1999 318 IC White with a Tan interior in good condition. My preference is 5 speed trsnsmission but I will settle for an automatic. Baskerville

Great bargain performance and versatility

by 318ti driver in Seattle from Seattle, WA | April 16, 2012

Great city and touring (small) car while still having seating in the rear that doesn't leave adults too cramped. MPGs in the 20s, minimal maintenance and unexpected service requirements (though a owners' manual service interval versus BMW's "schedules" light would be nice). I've run Falken tires (Ziex 512s) and need to find something different, as these tires lasted 26k or promised 50k. Not tires' fault though, nor my driving habits - I baby the car so I hope it lasts. I have put about 30k on the clock and I got it about 6 years ago when it was around 25k. Timeless styling on the E36.

Great Car will buy again

by Dryclean from Cleveland OH | March 23, 2011

I bought this car used 10 years ago with 40,000. I now have 240,000 I have replaced the water pump and alternator 1 battery 1 big brake job. Always got me to where I am going. People think it is a newer model Love this car looking for anouther

Best Car I ever had!! I have the 318is

by wallabbie from Plano, Tx | May 15, 2009

and I still have it at 100,000 miles- it drives like a dream. A couple of mechanical things had stopped functioning correctly, like the electric windows, but I had them fixed and am good to go! mpg is still around 25 in the city. Engine pickup is amazing for a 4 cylinder. Great little car. My mechanic told me this is one of the best models ever and to hang on to it!

Solid Fun

by German auto enthusiast from indiana | April 19, 2008

Well, it's a BMW, so handling, exterior styling, reliability, features, and value are what the company is built upon. Unlike some, I gave the performance of the 318 a 5. My reasoning? Comparing 4 cyl. with 6cyl. is apples to oranges. The 1.8 performs superbly for its size, plus with gas prices the way they are, people should factor in the 318's great fuel economy when thinking of "performance." Best car I've ever had, with features that are just now becoming standard on domestic vehicles.

Smooth and Comfortable

by dantheman from New Zealand | March 8, 2007

Things are starting to break now after 180,000kms but generally a great reliable car. Sticks to the corners and very stable at high speed.

Nice Handling, Fun, and Reliable

by lowrider from Cleveland, OH | February 20, 2007

An unbelievable car for an even better price!! This car never let me down whether I was 2 miles from my home or 2 hours away. I was very pleased with this car.

BMW 318 Convertible Super Fun Car

by Wally from GA | September 21, 2006

I owned this car for 7 years. It has never failed to start, or perform as asked. Great gas mileage, even with a heavy foot. Get up and Go is one way to describe this little 4 cyl.

Featured Services for this BMW 318