2000 BMW 323

Est. MPG

20 city / 29 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

best value for the money

by test driver w/o fear from Rocky Mts | August 24, 2013

Equipped with the right options (i.e. black interior, dark wood grain, leather, steptronic trans, ect.) It is a very classy machine. Not light on the luxury at all. Split folding rear seats. Very smooth accelerating, Excellent turning radius. And even bone stock, the steering wheel is rock solid all the way up at 140mph. To me, that alone speaks volumes for build quality. A few simple upgrades (i.e. polyurethane LCA bushings, wider wheels, lower profile performance tires and they handle so beautifully (rwd!). In my opinion this is where the car really shines and I dont see how it could really be matched for the money. Especially for those who choose to stay with the soft factory suspension. Somewhat pricey to maintain though, so get one from a good home. And don't trust a dealership further than you can throw them! Support your local independent mechanics or you will pay.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great overall car

by Lad181 from Ganado, Texas | June 28, 2013

This car was purchased for our daughter. It offered great handling, great MPG ( around 28) in a small size. The car offered leather, power windows, locks and sunroof. These are things important to kids. At the same time it offered things mom and dad want too. Great handling, fuel efficient, and a great reputation for a quality car. Our daughter is very pleased with it and so are we. We highly recommend this car for first timers.

Dissapointed

by sports car entuhusiast from Dallas, Texas | December 16, 2012

I went and test drove this car because I wanted to purchase it. I was pleased at the inside and outside of this car. When I took it for a spin, got to the first red light I began to smell oil sitting at the light but, when driving there was no smell. When I returned to the dealer smoke was coming inside the car and from under the hood. The dealer revealed that this car was purchased at an auction and had a oil leak somewhere under the motor. If it had not smoked I would not have known it was a lemon!.....Buyer Beware

Longest lasting car! Most reliable!

by BMW addicted from Pennsylvania | October 18, 2012

I have had a BMW 323i for 5 years and the person before me that owned it drove it from New York to PA everyday for work! She put 230,000 miles on it and I was nervous about purchasing the BMW with so many miles on it but I had no choice and I purchased it. The is now 360,000 miles on it and there is nothing wrong with it, it drives perfectly! I would have never imagined any car would last this long! The mechanic I take it to says it is in great shape !! I love this car and will never buy anything but a BMW 323i ! It is the best reliable car I have ever driven!

323 Conv

by luv my bmw! from Atlanta, GA | September 10, 2012

E46 conv. BMW's most reliable series IS the 3 series. I've had mine since ordering it in 2000 and still love it! Top still works and looks great. Exterior is awesome, especially if you keep waxed. Interior is fine, just a bit tight in the rear if you are over 6'. I just replaced it with a 3 series b/c my kids want this one! Minimal problems if you maintain them. Oil changes every 5-7k really helps, don't rely on claims of 15k; not worth taking the chance. Still runs like a top! Best recommendation is that I would do it all over again and wouldn't think twice!

another foreign car

by lboog from Gary, IN | May 28, 2012

i just bought my BMW 3 months ago and im already wanting to buy another one...i know where to look at now...

Great Find

by DaveG from Bethlehem, PA | February 13, 2012

I never would have found the BMW I ended up buying if it werent for Cars.com. The car is a classic "old lady, garage kept..." vehicle. I love it! I bought it for my daughter and she is also thrilled (although I have threatened to trade her for my car - the BMW, although 11 years old is nicer than my 4-year old car)! Overall, a great buy and a great experience!

Loved the Car

by Former BMW Owner from Michigan | November 1, 2011

Loved the car. 180,000 troublefree miles over 12 years. Fun to drive, responsive with quick steering. Base 6 cylander stick shift was all I needed. Car was totalled in a hail storm so I had to go looking. Over the 12 years I'd put on weight and gone on Social Security. Not being as spry as I once was getting in and out became an issue. Looked at the new 535 but why buy a BMW if you need an automatic transmission. It's like putting a race horse in front of a plow. Plus the price was simply too high. I could afford it but couldn't bring myself to do it. Wound up with a year old 2011 certified in warranty M37 that was $14,000 off list. It's not my little beemer but it's powerful, throaty and a pleasure to drive. Harder than a Lexus but softer than a 535.

Best life expectancy abong most car brands.

by Microbist from Dayton, OH | June 14, 2011

Amazing response, crisp sound, and great fuel consumption. The architectural shape (facelift) is a breakthrough beauty, best until year 2000 and even until today (see current "rounded-shape" models - yearly facelift update is required by law...). This car is a work-of -art!

Great car

by 323CI-TB from Washington DC | December 28, 2010

I own a 323ci with 82000 miles. It's one of the best cars I own and driven. Even though the car is under-powered compared to other vehicles, it sure doesn't feel like it. The interior is very nice and simple. Buttons, gadgets, etc, are easily spread out and accessible. The exterior is very nice and up to date. BMWs def. hold their value in the looks department. The ride is extremely comfortable but since the car sits low, you might hear some road noise. As expected the maintenance is expensive even though it's a 10 year old car. Brakes are about $900-1100 dollars. It doesn't matter where you bring it the cost will remain the same. Thermostate replacement cost about $500 dollars because BMW always recommend to replace all the components instead of one. It hurts to go to the mechanic but I know it needs to be done at whatever price, since I electively purchased a BMW. Overall, Great car! I also have a new Mercedes C-Class (wifes) but I still prefer the BMW.

Featured Services for this BMW 323