2002 BMW 325

See Photos & Videos

Overall

We're hooked

by BMW Mom from Columbia, SC | February 18, 2014

Just bought this car for our son's 21st b'day and his first car (and the only one we will provide). He needed to be able to travel to the marine lab for several of his classes this semester, so we had to purchase something right after our daughter's wedding. Since buying my first wagon from my father in 2002(and refusing to sell it back when he didn't like the American SUV he bought),, we've had 3 wagons, a convertible and now a sedan. These cars perform well, hold their value and are safe (2 were totaled by others and we walked away) If one finds a great BMW mechanic like we have, we've found them to be awesome cars...so much so that our children each chose to have one over something newer and less expensive.

Absolute Nightmare to own

by Fletch from florida | September 12, 2013

I have never owned a car with more failing parts and the interior is literally falling apart. Leather comes unglued, fabric is coming off covers and headliner and not to mention the list of repairs....57000 miles air conditioning failed, that was $2200...then the expansion tank failed. List of repairs: Wheel Bearings, control arms, control arm bushings, speed sensor, front turn signals have both been found hanging out because the plastic junk breaks, arm rest broken, three alternators, three windsheild washer pumps, wiper cowl cover rotten, pcv valve, secondary air non return valve, hood grills broken, two broken pulleys (that left me stranded TWICE) and it has steering looseness....and this is from being well taken care of and garage kept....these cars are literally made out of bread crumbs and they constantly break and you break many parts during repair because the plastic crumbles. These cars are pure junk.

Best Performing car I have owned

by Mohit from New York, NY | February 21, 2013

This car has been one of the best investment in cars, has given me a style, comfort and sports performance. The triptronic gears are just amazing. I had this in my college years and as some people rightly said "The Chick Magnet" indeed the car was the best investment. I would recommend this product.

Great car but expensive repairs

by sha from Youngstown,OH | January 31, 2013

Great car for gas mileage and looks. The parts are of course more expensive than many cars. It is a smaller BMW so it does not have the interior seat comfort of the more expensive BMW. I am sure I have another 100,000 miles on it but not without a few repairs in time. The car does handle nicely on the highway!

2002 BMW 325i wagon

by TV Tom from Los Angeles, CA | December 22, 2012

We searched and we searched until we found this one wagon with both the sport and luxury packages. I must say the Harmon Kardon CD/FM sounds incredible! All in all an incredible ride that I think looks and drives better then the 325i sedan. Beware of the 2003 model with the metal gas tank with the fuel pump inside the tank! To replace the fuel pump you have to replace the entire tank...a $7,000. fix! 2002 is the last good year for this model as they also changed the engine to a pricier, more finicky motor. If you can find one in good condition with relatively low miles in the $6,00.-8,000. range...jump on it!

So far so good

by New Beemer owner from Lisbon, WI | August 7, 2012

Only had the car for about a month, but I definitely like it. Excellent power and comfort. The biggest negative I have is the door interior trim. Found out after I purchased it that the trim on mine was cut off due to original trim having glue issues that didn't hold up over time. If you don't know what you are looking for you would miss it. Will need to fix that sooner than later.

2002 bmw 325i

by jpw from ruidoso, nm | May 7, 2012

Best car I've ever owned. (vs. passat, audi 2000, land rover, taurus wagon...) Maintenance is not much more expensive than U.S. cars. Thanks to the internet parts are very reasonable. The only repairs outside the maintenance schedule were the lower control arm bushings which cost $500 total. 170,000 miles and runs like a new car. 2r mpg in town, 31 on the road but i drive like the old man i am. only complaint is the glue or connectors they use on the headboard fabric and one interior wood panel. still running with original muffler! just changed the water pump/hoses/belts for the first time. simply and amazing car. handles so well. and the straight six is so smooth. pity they gave it up. it's bullet proof.

Yet to determine

by breeze from kansas | November 8, 2011

I have still trying to find a problem with the windshield and head light fluid moter and or wiring, they are not getting power.

Great car

by Old BMW lover from Tucson, AZ | October 25, 2011

I've had 5 older bmws but this 325CI is my favorite. Great compromise between mileage and performance. 8 years old and drives and looks like new. Love it. Had it 6 months now and will hang onto this one for awhile.

One of the best cars ive owned

by Tom from Sacramento, California | June 29, 2011

This car is one of the best car ive owned, ive had it for 5 years, and there have been no serious problems. Overall great car, love BMW's.

Featured Services for this BMW 325