2005 BMW 325

Available in 6 styles:  2005 BMW 330 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Best car I've had

by E46 from New York , NY | March 6, 2015

I bought this car a year ago.I had 4k and I was looking for a decent nice looking car and I ended up buying this 2005 BMW 325i.I must say it's the best car I've driven( I've driven a lot of cars of all different kinds).Interior and exterior are amazing.It also drives very good , the handling is perfect.Mine is a 5 Speed Manual so shifting and clutch are very good.I test drove my friend's 2012 Honda that he bought for 15k last day and it was nothing near my BMW.Interior was cheaper , drove terrible and looked bad ( I'm not hating on Honda's but that's what I felt) even Himself admitted that my E46 is probably the best car you can get for the money and was surprised that a 4k car can get near to his.In terms of reliability it wasn't that bad , I paid 500$ in the first year on some normal stuff but nothing major.Very glad I bought this car and not a 2005 Toyota or civic like most people do.

Its okaaaaayyyy.....

by J.Man from NJ | November 20, 2013

From a glance, the 2005 BMW 325i (e46) sedan is a great car. When people hear BMW, they automatically think of a high performance, reliable, and luxurious vehicle. However, in some cases, this is simply not true. I bought my '05 325i in 2011 with only 46,000 miles and was garage kept. The man I bought it from was a senior who only did small town driving. When I bought the vehicle, I was amazed at how cool, sleek, and compact it was. The car whipped around corners and breaks on a dime. This aspect of the performance was astonishing. On the other hand, the vehicles acceleration suffers against all other competition. Pulling up to a pick up truck that can accelerate quicker is rather upsetting. The engine roar is scintillating which I love but there is all bark and no bite. The cars 184 HP and 175 lbs. of torque make for a weak car. I can live with this reality. My BIGGEST complaint is that the car rattles from the windows, console, and all over the car. I turn the radio super loud to out do the noisome rattles coming from the vehicle during the drive. Each time you start the car, along with a different noise coming from the engine, you get a different noise coming from the inside of the vehicle when driving. I replaced regulators in the windows I cant tell you how many times. I have had many problems with the engine not starting right away when I turn the key. Also, I had electrical issues causing my car to jump and lights to come on. I do not recommend this vehicle. I have driven Chevy's and Nissans nicer than this co called "ultimate driving machine." Not worthy the money you pay against what you get. This is a stripped down car with no real value other than its name, BMW.

very good car

by route 46 auto from new jersey | March 29, 2013

great customer service, great car happy to drive my convertible.pricing is amazing.must go buy my next car from route 46 auto again. great people.

Convertible

by Bill from Detroit | January 23, 2013

Good car.upkeep too expensive.needs cheaper alternatives for a daily commuter like regular brakes and tires instead of high performance

Great car

by Steve from Tulsa, OK | November 24, 2012

This is the most reliable car I have ever owned, and it is a joy to drive! Handling is superb, durability is unmatched, and styling is timeless.

Bimmer

by Pizza Man from Spring Hill,TN | May 14, 2012

I loved driving this car, but hated the maintenace issues. We had the AC repaired/replaced 3 times in 4 years. Thankfully we bought an extended warranty to cover these repairs. Without the warranty I would have been very unhappy. Dynamically the car drove wonderfully, but too expensive to keep on the road. Not as bad as our Mercedes, but close. I love German cars for their driving dynamics, but cost to maintain is excessive.

Happy in every way

by TBryant80 from San Francisco, CA | February 28, 2011

Great value for the money. Super reliable, and best acceleration, braking, and handling of any car that I test drove in its class.

Top performance

by Clodhopper from Cambridge, Ohio | October 1, 2010

I only have one gripe about BMW. At $100 an hour to work on this car you would think the technician would be an expert on it but not so. I had a heater/air blower problem and after getting it back from a BMW dealer it has never worked right since. Hot air coming out with cold air. It worked perfect when taken into the dealer for this motor problem and that was the end of it. A sign said the coffee machine would take more money for repair than my BMW $1000 plus so far.

Amazing car!!

by Slick from Hockessin Delaware | August 28, 2010

This car is my dream car. One of my friends has this exact one but a 2002 model. Ive never seen anything more reliable in a sports car. Hope to get this one soon!

Great car!

by Couper from Washington, D.C. | August 22, 2010

This car is reliable and is very fun to drive. It's great on gas and very safe (air bags everywhere, DSC, adaptive headlights,etc...). Overall, I've never had an issue with it!