2005 BMW 325

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Its okaaaaayyyy.....

by J.Man from NJ | November 20, 2013

From a glance, the 2005 BMW 325i (e46) sedan is a great car. When people hear BMW, they automatically think of a high performance, reliable, and luxurious vehicle. However, in some cases, this is simply not true. I bought my '05 325i in 2011 with only 46,000 miles and was garage kept. The man I bought it from was a senior who only did small town driving. When I bought the vehicle, I was amazed at how cool, sleek, and compact it was. The car whipped around corners and breaks on a dime. This aspect of the performance was astonishing. On the other hand, the vehicles acceleration suffers against all other competition. Pulling up to a pick up truck that can accelerate quicker is rather upsetting. The engine roar is scintillating which I love but there is all bark and no bite. The cars 184 HP and 175 lbs. of torque make for a weak car. I can live with this reality. My BIGGEST complaint is that the car rattles from the windows, console, and all over the car. I turn the radio super loud to out do the noisome rattles coming from the vehicle during the drive. Each time you start the car, along with a different noise coming from the engine, you get a different noise coming from the inside of the vehicle when driving. I replaced regulators in the windows I cant tell you how many times. I have had many problems with the engine not starting right away when I turn the key. Also, I had electrical issues causing my car to jump and lights to come on. I do not recommend this vehicle. I have driven Chevy's and Nissans nicer than this co called "ultimate driving machine." Not worthy the money you pay against what you get. This is a stripped down car with no real value other than its name, BMW.

very good car

by route 46 auto from new jersey | March 29, 2013

great customer service, great car happy to drive my convertible.pricing is amazing.must go buy my next car from route 46 auto again. great people.

Convertible

by Bill from Detroit | January 23, 2013

Good car.upkeep too expensive.needs cheaper alternatives for a daily commuter like regular brakes and tires instead of high performance

Great car

by Steve from Tulsa, OK | November 24, 2012

This is the most reliable car I have ever owned, and it is a joy to drive! Handling is superb, durability is unmatched, and styling is timeless.

Bimmer

by Pizza Man from Spring Hill,TN | May 14, 2012

I loved driving this car, but hated the maintenace issues. We had the AC repaired/replaced 3 times in 4 years. Thankfully we bought an extended warranty to cover these repairs. Without the warranty I would have been very unhappy. Dynamically the car drove wonderfully, but too expensive to keep on the road. Not as bad as our Mercedes, but close. I love German cars for their driving dynamics, but cost to maintain is excessive.

Happy in every way

by TBryant80 from San Francisco, CA | February 28, 2011

Great value for the money. Super reliable, and best acceleration, braking, and handling of any car that I test drove in its class.

Top performance

by Clodhopper from Cambridge, Ohio | October 1, 2010

I only have one gripe about BMW. At $100 an hour to work on this car you would think the technician would be an expert on it but not so. I had a heater/air blower problem and after getting it back from a BMW dealer it has never worked right since. Hot air coming out with cold air. It worked perfect when taken into the dealer for this motor problem and that was the end of it. A sign said the coffee machine would take more money for repair than my BMW $1000 plus so far.

Amazing car!!

by Slick from Hockessin Delaware | August 28, 2010

This car is my dream car. One of my friends has this exact one but a 2002 model. Ive never seen anything more reliable in a sports car. Hope to get this one soon!

Great car!

by Couper from Washington, D.C. | August 22, 2010

This car is reliable and is very fun to drive. It's great on gas and very safe (air bags everywhere, DSC, adaptive headlights,etc...). Overall, I've never had an issue with it!

Not up to its hype

by Wanderer from Central NJ | April 26, 2010

I recently bought a 325 convertible with 37,000 miles in superb condition with the remainder of BMW's 100,000 mile warranty. I don't disagree with most of the acclaim this car has received from owners or the press. However, I'm not convinced it deserves the title of Ultimate Driving Machine (UDM). My Chevy Monte Carlo SS has full gauges, the BMW has only fuel and temp. Shouldn't the UDM at least have gauges for oil pressure and voltage? Why do I have to pull the door handle twice to get out? Once to unlock the door and then again to open it. I cannot think of a single scenario when I would want the door unlocked and not want to get out. The computer only allows for one readout at a time so I can't have the outside temp. and fuel remaining ( or anything else) in view at the same time. And there's no compass which almost every car has today. The seats (non sport) don't have enough thigh support. I guess that's why the "sport" option has expandable seat cushions. Seems to me that the UDM should have decent seats in all it's models. I know that all this is nit picking to all those people that worship BMWs. But driving is more than how well a car corners, accelerates, and stops. The Ultimate Driving Machine should be extremely comfortable, inform its driver of all operations under the hood, and allow for simple unobtrusive operation of all of its functions. My Chevy does all this and has 200 hp compared to the BMW's 184, gets 33 mpg hwy compared to the BMW's 26 and has far more comfortable seats. Sorry, but the BMW 325Ci falls short. I enjoy driving it and I don't regret buying it, but it's not an UDM.

Featured Services for this BMW 325