2008 BMW 328

2008 BMW 328

Available in 7 styles:  2008 BMW 335 2dr RWD Coupe shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

An amazing driving experience !

by The Reverend from Dallas, TX | January 7, 2014

Wow. I recently purchased a slightly used 2008 328i and when I say slightly it only had 14,000 miles on it. Virtually a new car. My last two cars were Lexus ES-300s which I cannot say enough good things about - but the 328i is a totally different driving experience and precisely what I expected. My Lexus ES is the Queen Mary II and the 328i is a Fighter Jet. That's the only way to describe the difference. Flawless handling and performance. Technologically it's very advanced it has so many features one of my favorite of which are the hands-free stereo/CD/iPod and Bluetooth and Voice activated Telephone features all controlled effortlessly from the steering wheel. (Superb!) Note on Reliability - I have only had the vehicle for a few weeks so I am basing it on having no problems thus far and while I don't expect it to be as mechanically care-free (where Lexus excels) it appears this model is very reliable with proper maintenance. The interior is a tad smaller than my ES but not uncomfortably so. I am a 6 ft. 220 lb man and am quite comfortable in it. Because I live in Texas I'd rather have automatic chilled seats but I have to be honest and say the heated seats in this car are incredible. The entire seat is heated both the butt cushions and the back rest. It's a real treat that I've used a lot lately since it's Winter at the moment. The only complaint and I have, and I mean the ONLY one is the ride isn't quite as smooth as the Lexus, but I didn't expect it to be and once I replace the original run-flat tires I've been told the ride improves - important since Texas roads are not known for their "quality." Overall - it's an amazing car !

Saved my Life

by Lucky from Houston, TX | January 6, 2014

In the fall of 2013 I had a 5 mph fender bender in my 1999 Explorer, which totaled it. I replaced it with a 2006 325i, dark gray; automatic. Six weeks later I was T-boned on the driver's side by a Crown Victoria doing 60 mph. I was injured, but the little Beamer stayed intact, the side curtain air bags protected my head, and I was good as new in a month. What did I replace that car with? A 2008 328i! Yes, the cars are great performers and a joy to drive. But they are also solid and safe. BTW, the second one is bright red. Maybe it will be easier to notice in an intersection.

I love my BMW

by hansstormtrooper from Vienna, Virginia | November 19, 2013

I love my 2008 BMW 328xi coupe with my heart and soul. The car preforms like none other and handles beautifully on tight turns and at fast speeds. The inside is comfortable and it is easy to make the temperature inside the car perfect during hot or cold weather. Among all the cars luxuries and features that it offers the car is not perfect. I have had many problems with the reliability and have been in the shop more times than I would like to admit. The transmission on mine failed but I was lucky that it was an uncommon issue. The upside is the service BMW provides is unparalleled and they paid for all costs but labor when repairing my transmission. If you have the money to fill up your tank once every week or two with premium gas and don't mind going into the shop when needed I have to tell you it is well worth every penny spent and if I could go back in time I would buy it all over again. Everything else about this car is perfect which renders this car true to the BMW title "The ultimate driving machine".

NICE RIDE

by GREAT SPORT CAR from bronx ny | October 8, 2013

i needed a car for my daughter who started collage , i wanted a safe reliable car , looked around for a whole week till i saw the car purchased , i can tell u from my the nieces cleanest car i came across .. excellent condition very good price . even with my not so great credit . they got it done for me . wonderful staff ......

Great car

by Chris from New York, NY. | April 2, 2013

Nothing in it's class that can match its quality. Has a totally wrapped undercarriage which makes the road noise practically silent.

Never Thought I'd Own a Car Like This

by 08328imm from | January 21, 2013

I just bought the most beautiful, high performance, well-crafted car I've ever driven. Cars.com made searching so easy. Thanks!

328xi

by HumiditySucks from Virgina | September 1, 2012

History: I bought the BMW 328xi Sportwagon after a drunk totaled my 2001 Saab 95 sport wagon, which I kept in perfect shape, would have kept for another 10 years, and loved to drive every day. The 328xi was my default choice. I just couldn't justify buying another Saab when that company is belly up. 328xi: This is NOT a hot, sporty car, but I like it for what it is, sturdy, fast, loaded with German engineering and high tech goodies. The car virtually drives itself, especially in downshift mode. Lots of high end torque, (you're at 80 without noticing), but sluggish from a dead stop or when accelerating from stop or from slow initial speeds, with a stiff accelerator pedal. I like the utility of the sportwagon, with fold down back seats and large cargo area (vis-a-vis the small footprint of the car). I like the sound of the engine and the way it corners. The steering is ALMOST too stiff, but give me that any day over loose, squirrelly Camry-style steering. The car reminds me a bit of the MGB-GT I owned when I was a much younger guy and didn't notice how low it was or the flexibilty it takes to climb in and out. But once in the cockpit, i don't feel cramped. In fact, the front seat goes back far enough for guys well over my height, which is 6'1". The all wheel traction was a bit strange at first, but I like it now, hugging the road, and I expect it to go well in snow and ice, but that is untested so far.

I am in LOVE with my car!

by First time BMW owner from NH | July 16, 2012

I have only had my BMW for 2 months. It is SO much fun to drive and SO beautiful! It handles like a dream and is super spunky! It rides like a race car not a luxury vehicle so if you are looking for SMOOTH I would suggest a different make. I am still a bit confused about how the computer system works, but I'm sure once I have time to really study all the features I'll get it figured out. I could do without the ashtray which takes up space that would be better served for storage, but other than that the interior is convenient and comfortable. I'm still discovering cool new things about my BMW every day! NO complaints so far!

Lovin it

by Car dude from 'Merica | July 12, 2012

Had my 328xi for a week now. Note on reliability rating: Had it for a week so I really don't feel like I can rate it. I am averaging about 23 mpg and I drive like an old man to aggressive depending on my mood. I am getting 28 highway with cruise control. I greatly enjoy the exterior, very catchy. Interior is phenomenal. Real wood, soft touch high end plastics, and leather. I find it frustrating there are no power seats. My car was bought used with 20k miles. I also find the cupholders to be annoying. Not sure who they were kidding. Seems like BMW thought of everything BUT Americans when they built it. They feel like an afterthought. The seats are unbelievably comfortable. Sound system is fantastic and is easy to use. The car holds corners well. the steering gives feedback from the road despite run-flat tires and AWD and feels a bit heavy (as it should). I suggest this car to anybody who wants a great car that is not only practical but sporty. What a phenomenal car!

Excellent Car

by Fast car from New York | July 10, 2012

"Purchased my 328i about 13months ago. Absolutely LOVE it. It gets better gas mileage than my 4 cylinder Toyota did. The performance is incredible; fast pickup a quick stopping, and smooth driving at any speed. I have driven it in the snow with not much difficulty."