Offered in 328i, twin-turbo gasoline 335i and twin-turbo diesel 335d forms, the 3 Series is BMW's bread-and-butter model. Available in sedan, wagon, coupe and retractable-hardtop convertible body styles, the 328 competes with the Infiniti G and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. The 335 is listed separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2010
Minor changes are in store for 328 models. The power moonroof for the coupe and sedan moves from the standard equipment roster to the options list, where it is available individually or as part of an option package. HD radio is now standard for all models, and automatic high-beam headlights are a new option.
The 328 features a long hood and short front overhangs. The coupe looks much like the sedan, but it's sleeker. All body styles have a prominent twin-kidney grille.
Exterior features include:
- New optional automatic high-beam headlights
- 16-inch wheels
- 17-inch wheels are optional on sedans but standard on coupes and convertibles
- Run-flat tires are mounted on all models
- Optional adaptive xenon headlights
- Optional Active Steering with speed-sensitive assist
Sedans and wagons can hold five occupants, while coupes and convertibles seat four. iDrive, available only with an optional navigation system, is BMW's latest and best version, revamped with better graphics, more shortcut keys and improved menu functionality.
Interior features include:
- Push-button ignition
- Standard automatic climate control
- Optional navigation system with iDrive
- Optional adaptive cruise control can gently apply the brakes to maintain a preset speed
- Standard HD radio
- Optional Sirius Satellite Radio
Under the Hood
The base engine for the 3 Series is the 328's 3.0-liter, naturally aspirated inline-six-cylinder.
Features for the 328 include:
- 230 horsepower, 200 pounds-feet of torque
- Variable valve timing
- Six-speed manual gearbox
- Optional six-speed automatic transmission with Normal, Sport and Manual modes
- Optional all-wheel drive
Convertibles aren't available with side curtain airbags like the coupe, sedan and wagon trims are.
Standard safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Side curtain airbags (not available on convertible)
- Side-impact airbags
- Active front head restraints
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the BMW 328
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.