2014 BMW 328

Available in 3 styles:  2014 BMW 328 4dr AWD Sedan shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2014 BMW 328 Wagon is an incredible car, but.....

by Ex Volvo XC70 Owner from Charlotte, NC | July 6, 2014

I had grave reservations about the 2014 BMW 328i Xdrive Wagon because it was only offered with a 240 hp 4 cylinder engine. I had a Volvo XC70 with the Polestar kit added and it is a 6 cylinder 325 hp - 355 lb torque car. But I should never have worried. The power in the BMW and the way it is delivered is just awesome. An absolutely fantastic engine and transmission and the car is set up with a blend of wonderful sportiness and freeway cruiser comfort. My disappoint has been in areas where I would never have expected BMW to disappoint. First of all, the interior quality does not match Volvo in any way. The leather feels cheap, even though I bought the leather option. There are sharp edges on the steering wheel and handles on the inside of the doors which are uncomfortable to touch. Considering I paid almost 60k for the car with almost all the bells and whistles, then this is disappointing. Worst of all for me and probably a deal breaker, had I known in advance, is the fact that the leather on the steering wheel gives me a rash in my hands, because the leather is not anti allergenic. This may not be a big deal to most people, but I am at the point where I have to pay an upholsterer $500 to wrap my steering wheel in Alcantara or anti allergenic leather. It is disappointing that BMW is going cheap on this, when considering the fact that Volvo for more than 10 years has been making cars with anti allergenic leather that has been tanned using natural materials rather than spades of chromium. I called BMW to hear if they had ever had customers with this issue before. They said no. Well, weird. Why would both Ford and Volvo work with allergy patient organizations in the UK, if this issue had never been brought up. So I guess I need to forge out 500 dollars to get the steering wheel wrapped in something different, and possible 1,000 to 1,500 to get the driver seat upholstered as well. Unless of course I choose to never drive while wearing shorts, which is not really an option, since I live in Charlotte, NC. I am also disappointed that I have an extremely sensitive passenger front seat sensor for the seat belt. I cannot even leave my iPhone on the seat without the warning sign going off, asking me to buckle up on the passenger side as well. I love all the gadgets the car comes with, but must warn people that these all come at a steep, steep price. But okay, I knew the price when I signed on the dotted line, so I cannot blame BMW for that. Overall, this car is a wonderful, wonderful driving machine. I love it. I absolutely do. But I feel let down by the interior quality and the fact that BMW has used chromium ad galore to treat the leather. Something that is not very healthy for anybody, whether they are allergic or not.

Poor customer service

by Frustrated from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | July 4, 2014

Bought the imported 328i GT new in Malaysia. After 4 months with less than 5000km, started to have problem with the car trunk which will either not open or open and lifted halfway. It took 4 visits and loss of use for a total of 5 weeks. Not even sure if problem will arise again in the next couple of weeks. Customer service is really bad. Wasted a lot of time in visiting the workshop and following up on progress. The good thing is car performance is very good.

2014 328i

by Cookie from Texas | July 3, 2014

I have a 2014 328i. I think it is very comfortable. A couple of the cool features that I like include a screen that shows how much air is in each tire and the driving analyzer (in eco pro mode) that shows you how your driving affects your fuel consumption (no surprise, but kinda cool), The sport mode gauges are kinda cool too. My gas mileage average seems to hover around 31-32mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. Which is not bad. I think the car may be a bit overpriced but I liked the look of it and the amazing acceleration. I really enjoy driving the car and am very pleased with it overall.

That is great.

by George from Los Angeles | May 6, 2014

The most impressive feature is the accelerate. The most valuable feature is the traffic information by the navigation.

The best I tested

by YourFriendlyNeighbor from Chicago, IL | February 27, 2014

I tested Lexus IS, Cadillac ATS, and BMW 328i xdrive, and BMW 328d xdrive. I bought BMW 328i xdrive. Pros: - Very comfortable ride - Enough power to leave most other cars in the dust - Gas saving mode for leisure/Sunday drive - Stylish - Huge interior room compared to others tested - Luxury features, such as heated seat and steering wheel, parking camera and assistant, auto detect wiper, etc. - Vehicle status monitors, from temperature, service date, windshield washer fluid, etc. - Status symbol - Free regular maintenance for the first 4 years Cons: - Brake sometimes make a high pitch sound when braking slowly in the beginning of driving - Everything is ala carte (including color), which makes it about 8k-10k more expensive if you want your BMW fully loaded - Turbo engine needs premium gas By the time I wrote this, I had about 2500 miles on my car. If the car is reliable in the long run (at least 5 years), I will most likely buy another 328i xdrive.

less than 45 days old and in the shop for two week

by Bmwhasgottenworse from Macon, GA | February 20, 2014

Was sold a new car off the show room floor that has been in for repairs three times already with the same issue. The car misfires when accelerate and goes into limp mode. Car is less than 45 days old and been in the shop the last week and it will be another week before repairs are completed. Tell me how happy I am.

too new to report reliability but feels great to d

by Wildrice from Columbus, OH | December 23, 2013

Kelly BMW is an Excellent Dealership in the Columbus Ohio area. I'm giving their salesman Steve Stopolosky an excellent rating in making the purchase process an enjoyable experience.

Best in the World

by BMW Lover from Tampa, Florida | October 22, 2013

I purchased a 2014 BMW Luxury Line in Alpine White. It is beautiful. I am amazed by the newly designed interior, surround sound, and navigation system. I love the keyless entry and keyless start. I recommend this car to everybody who loves nice cars. Check this one out.