2014 BMW 328d

Starting MSRP

Overall

Love my new car!

by bmwgirl from Oak View, CA | August 15, 2014

Love, Love, Love this BMW 3 series - diesel! It is fun to drive, and the gas mileage is remarkably good. There is a nifty little switch that allows the driver to pick the style of driving each time you turn on the engine. Choices are sport, comport and Eco. You can even switch styles while the car is in motion. I had a 3 series years ago - before I had kids, and that little car was a pleasure to drive - now this one lets me relive my carefree driving days! But with much better fuel efficiency! The interior now includes TWO cup holders, although it is a little deprived of cubby holes to stash anything but your phone. ;(

Low Mileage Drivers: MPG not as advertised

by Walter from | July 16, 2014

Caveat emptor. If you drive fewer than 10 miles per trip you will not get the advertised 31 MPG city. We get 23-24. Beware any salesperson who does not take into consideration your personal driving habits. When discussed with BMW corporate, they referred us back to the dealership.

2014 328d So far so good

by EC Larry from San Diego, Ca. | July 14, 2014

Infatuation and love can often be confusing. After 2 weeks with the car we are able to make a proper review. Ours is the basic model with the full Navigation feature installed. We were taught to drive the vehicle in ECOPRO mode for maximum efficiency. So far including a slightly heavy foot, we are averaging 35mpg in and around city with some freeway driving. The drive is super smooth. The NAV works flawlessly. The Points of interest (gas stations food and just about anything) also works great. Car comes with Run-flats, buy the warranty, they will eventually fail you. Ipod connection with USB is extremely user friendly and functional. All info shows on NAV screen. BMW offers the maintenance up to 50K miles, make sure its in your package. at $37K, great for the money, look, feel, and reliability. I look forward to continuously blowing others mpg.

Total Cost not worth the money

by VET from Southport, NC | July 1, 2014

Total cost from high sticker price to replacement of run flats, to $200+ oil changes to cost of replacement parts makes this 328d a car a very expensive toy to own. I got so caught up with the positive comments by owners about mpg. handling (this is a diesel), comfort and performance I did not look at resale values end of three years or total cost to own and maintain after four. I own another full size 2014 hybrid. Except for a much higher sticker price and cost of up keep the hybrid beats the 328d hands down.

47 MPG Luxury highway machine

by Central Florida BMW household from Orlando, FL | May 24, 2014

I have had the luxury addition of the 328d for 8 months now. It averages about 47MPG on Florida's roads and I95 up the East coast. This car has navigation, full BMW application suite and a luxury wood and leather interior package. The car is very comfortable over long distances and has tremendous power available at cruising speed to safely navigate around slower traffic. In the city the car is quiet, taught and offers more than enough get up and go when required. I am very pleased with this 328d. I have an X3 and a Z4 and would very much like to see the X3 in a diesel option soon.

BMW 328d

by Richard from Memphis TN. | May 17, 2014

I test drove this car several times. Really wanted to buy one. But the one thing that killed the deal was I could not get a navigation system. Why BMW would have several comfort and other items and skip making the navigation system standard is beyond me. That is NOT a criticism of the car itself...just an item that at my age of 70, I need when traveling through cities and complicated interstate exchanges.

Best car ever own, so far!

by Sly from Brunssum Netherlands | May 5, 2014

I got a new BMW 328D x-drive Canadian spec. I a military station in Europe, and I traveling Europe since Oct 2013 with it. So far no problems, and the fuel economy is very good. I dida few. Trip in Germany at over 130km/h and still very good on fuel.the power is very good, and the ride quality is good. Only down side is the tire. 11000km report Sly.

Wonderful Commute

by Commuter from Virginia | April 15, 2014

Have had a 328d for about two months. Obviously the reason I went with the diesel is mpg. In this, I have not been dissappointed. Overall, I have been averaging close to 45 mgp in mixed city and rural driving. The lowest mpg on a tank was 42 mpg, the hightest 49mpg. I usually drive in the EcoPro mode and I do have a light foot. Certainly the vehicle is a bit pricey compared to available Hyundai and Kia products. However, having a vehicle which an owner looks forward to driving every day is, for some, worth the premium. The 328d is not as quick off the line as a gasoline V6 BMW but, be honest, many of us do not bolt from every stop light. Rather, while we enjoy a nice handling vehicle, we generally drive within the traffic laws. For those who fall within this category, like me, the 328d is heaven. Everything on the vehicle works seemlesly. The interior is very comfortable without too much hard plastic. The sound system is superb. The eight speed transmission is a joy, particulary the manual mode. The seats are very comfortable with numerous adjustments. The start-stop feature is not intrusive and is easily turned off by a push button.

Great Combination of Performance and Efficiency

by New BMW Owner from Massachusetts | March 24, 2014

I bought the 328d xdrive earlier this year. The 328d offers both performance and efficiency. So far I am averaging over 38mpg combined and mid 40s on the highway. The car has great pickup, handles great, and is fun to drive. I test drove both the gas and diesel versions. Would recommend the diesel - the engine has a lot of torque and doesn't feel much slower than the gas version but gets great mpg. Also, the auto start/stop works great in the diesel but seems a little more abrupt in the gas version. I would recommend this car and haven't found any negatives.

Great car!

by Bmw fan from Northwest CT | March 6, 2014

I love my car! Fast and great mileage. Getting 36+mpg and not driving like a granny. Comfy, got the m sport package, love the look and style! Not just a 328...