2014 BMW 328d

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Wonderful Commute

by Commuter from Virginia | April 15, 2014

Have had a 328d for about two months. Obviously the reason I went with the diesel is mpg. In this, I have not been dissappointed. Overall, I have been averaging close to 45 mgp in mixed city and rural driving. The lowest mpg on a tank was 42 mpg, the hightest 49mpg. I usually drive in the EcoPro mode and I do have a light foot. Certainly the vehicle is a bit pricey compared to available Hyundai and Kia products. However, having a vehicle which an owner looks forward to driving every day is, for some, worth the premium. The 328d is not as quick off the line as a gasoline V6 BMW but, be honest, many of us do not bolt from every stop light. Rather, while we enjoy a nice handling vehicle, we generally drive within the traffic laws. For those who fall within this category, like me, the 328d is heaven. Everything on the vehicle works seemlesly. The interior is very comfortable without too much hard plastic. The sound system is superb. The eight speed transmission is a joy, particulary the manual mode. The seats are very comfortable with numerous adjustments. The start-stop feature is not intrusive and is easily turned off by a push button.

Great Combination of Performance and Efficiency

by New BMW Owner from Massachusetts | March 24, 2014

I bought the 328d xdrive earlier this year. The 328d offers both performance and efficiency. So far I am averaging over 38mpg combined and mid 40s on the highway. The car has great pickup, handles great, and is fun to drive. I test drove both the gas and diesel versions. Would recommend the diesel - the engine has a lot of torque and doesn't feel much slower than the gas version but gets great mpg. Also, the auto start/stop works great in the diesel but seems a little more abrupt in the gas version. I would recommend this car and haven't found any negatives.

Great car!

by Bmw fan from Northwest CT | March 6, 2014

I love my car! Fast and great mileage. Getting 36+mpg and not driving like a granny. Comfy, got the m sport package, love the look and style! Not just a 328...

Great torque, incredible mileage, sensuous luxury

by raw1md from Salt Lake UT | February 20, 2014

I've been driving this car daily for two months - only two visits to the fueling station! The car has all the attributes of the 3er that has been the luxury sport sedan winner in Car & Driver for a quarter of a century - great handling, handy ergonomics, responsive and smooth engine, almost perfect 50/50 weight distribution (contributing to the fast and sure braking), and luxurious feel. From a dead stop there's a bit of turbo lag, but powering up with the brakes on eliminates that if one really wants to get off the line fast. While cruising the turbo kicks in immediately. Best: 46mpg on a trip to Vegas, with the cruise on 75 constantly, and gradual acceleration.

Better than advertised

by Steve from Hartford, CT | October 22, 2013

I traded my 2009 Volvo S60 AWD for the BMW 328d xDrive. The interior space is much larger. Especially the rear seats. The gas mileage is better that reported. I am getting 34 mpg in the city and on my only long highway trip of 250 miles, I posted 44 mpg while driving 70 to 75 mph. The car has great pick up and handles like a dream. I love the i-drive system with rear camera feature. I also got the cold weather package which I am looking forward to using this winter - especially the heated steering wheel! This is a great car and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a AWD luxury sedan with great gas mileage.

Excellent and comfortable car

by Hans Glas fan from Quebec | October 3, 2013

I have now owned the BMW 328 diesel for four months. It is the second BMW 3 series diesel that I have owned. Very good fuel economy at 5 liters per 100km (or 54 mpg Imperial gallon.. The ride is better than the previous BMW, road holding is excellent and the new electrically assisted power steering is a real improvement. There are three driving mode: Eco pro, Comfort and Sport. Rear leg room is much greater than the previous model. So far the quality and reliability is exemplary. Very comfortable and rewarding to drive.0 to 60mph takes 7.5 seconds. A real feel of luxury in the terms of the interior trim and finish. So far I am more than happy with my BMW 3 seriess