See Also: 2011 BMW 335

23 city / 36 hwy

Overall

The Manly Alternative to a Hybrid

by 2W3 from San Diego | March 28, 2015

For a few brief years, BMW shoved a giant diesel engine into one of the best engineered platforms on the plant. The result was magic. The 335d handles like a 3 series, rides like a 3 series and has all the great features of a 3 series. The difference is that a 3 series does not have 420 ft lb torque which results in the 335d pulling from 0-100 like a locomotive. As well, a normal 3 series will not give you all the above and return 34+ mpg. It may be the perfect car! Unfortunately, Americans were not ready for the diesel especially one like this, so they went back and redesign it, neutered it and we are stuck with the 328d - basically a de-tuned version of the 335d. Better gas mileage, but nowhere near the fun. I bought a CPO 2011 335d in 2012 with less than 10k miles on it and have not had a single issue with it. It is a special combination of speed, comfort, handling and gas mileage that may never be repeated. If you can find one, grab it!

I love the BMW Diesel

by mbp1912 from NJ | February 28, 2015

When I first started doing my research I was very reluctant so I decided to invest into a used low mileage 2011 335D. I bought the car in August of 2012 today in February of 2015 I feel that my decision was sound. I absolutely love the MPG's since I drive an average of 25K HWY miles per year. Even though Diesel is more expensive lets not forget that a gas BMW requires premium gas but even if I pay more I am also getting an additional 150 miles per tank. If you want me to talk about the torque and the turbo's well I don't feel that I have enough room. What you need to know is that you'll never think that you are driving a diesel unless you have to go to the gas pump. As far as complaints I have a few the cup holders are terrible and as with any rear wheel drive BMW the snow is not your friend. So if you are planing to drive during winter storms you better have snow tires. The reliability so far is very good but I tend to be a bit OCD so I change my oil every 5K as compared to the recommended 10K.That is my preference since I plan to drive the car well pass 200K. Make sure you find a good mechanic that knows about BMW's but more importantly one that keeps up with all of the changes and understands Diesel. I got lucky I put an add on Craigs list and a BMW dealership Technician looking for extra work responded and I am lucky to have him maintaining the car.

335i M Sport

by Own Goal from DFW | July 7, 2014

4 dr, automatic, nav, M sport package. Bought from Dealer as a CPO. 39k miles. Came out of Porsche Cayman S, needed seats and doors. In comparison is a very good handler for a sedan. Considering trade for utility gained don't miss the Porsche as much as I thought I would. Good balance of handling and comfortable ride. Glad got the M Sport package.

it has everything

by diesel torquester from los angeles | June 16, 2014

it is so very quiet..yes its a diesel..and when you accelerate, it is not much louder than a hum of a whisper. It is luxurious..very comfortable...fantastic sound system..the loudest sound is the road noise generated by the tires. The traction control is always modulating the control over the 400 plus foot-pounds of torque trying to brake loose the rear wheels. Fuel economy..consistent 35 mpg composite..on long road trips was able to average 40...pretty good for a four door sports sedan, that does 0-60 in 6 and a half seconds.

GREAT CAR

by Diesel Don from Phoenix, AZ | January 2, 2014

Great car. Gas mileage is very good, very comfortable, fun to drive. This BMW handles great, 40 mpg on the hwy.

Love it!!

by research freak from Nashville, TN | November 18, 2013

I looked long and hard for a car that would give me better gas mileage and not sacrifice the luxury feel and power I was used to (previously owned a Lexus GS400). This car is it! I bought the 335 diesel so I get the fuel efficiency but amazing torque and power at the same time. Am absolutely loving driving it. Have taken it on 3 road trips already for business. Very comfortable ride and the design is superb. Everything is where it should be.

excellent sports car

by 335 from New York, NY | November 17, 2013

This car is a head turner. Striking exterior and interior design. Comfortable everyday driver. Performs good but isn't anything to brag about. Car has fast acceleration and sounds fantastic. Handles excellent. Overall a wonderful car with much to love.

Great "Fun" Car

by Tenn Dukie from Nashville, TN | November 13, 2013

Been wanting a fun car for awhile and this is the perfect one - hardtop convertible 4 seater sports car. Great handling and plenty of power, low miles and lot's of warranty left. Model is a 335i.

Satisfied

by Shopper from Portland, Oregon | October 21, 2013

Found the 2011 335i, fully optioned on CARS.com. Had high miles but is in good condition. Would do it again.

2011 335i conv

by Mick from South Central PA | October 8, 2013

I have only had this car 3 weeks but I love it. I got mine CPO with less thasn 14K miles on it. The only down fall is the zero trunk space with the top down but, what can you do. I did purchase a sling for the back seats that hooks to the head rests of both the back and front seats to put the golf clubs in so as not to have the clubs damage the seats. The pop out cup holders from the dash are a joke and the only reason I gave the car 4 stars for interior design. The car is as fast as my old CLK500 V8 but definitely handles much better. With the 335i convertible I think I found what they mean by the Ultimate Driving Machine