2007 BMW 525

Available in 2 styles:  2007 BMW 530 4dr RWD Sedan shown

Overall

Exciting Car To Drive

by Sold on BMW from SC | June 25, 2010

I traded in my Lexus ES to go to the 525i. I loved my Lexus but I have to say that the BMW is definately a lot more fun to drive. This car handles great and I love the power that it has. My 525 came equipped with the Luxury package so I have almost every option imaginable. The only improvements I would like to see are: more room in the center console (it has very limited storage room). A door for the backseat (it has more than enough room once you get in but it is tight getting in and out). The last improvement would be to have the nav system not require a dvd at all times to work (it should be able to load to an onboard computer and then remove the dvd.)

As Expected

by Curt P. from Midwest | March 9, 2010

This car was pretty much as expected. Less power than I thought a BMW would have (210 horsepower), but handling is simply amazing. It's fairly quiet and smooth. The seats could be more comfortable, and the stereo seems to be fairly pedestrian (especially the lack of bass at low volume). I love the heated seats and heated steering wheel, and can't imagine ever not having them. For the original list price ($50,0000), there doesn't seem to be a lot of options (no nav system, no backup camera - things that my wife's $38,000 Lexus IS has). The I-Drive is a joke - adjusting the climate system is ridiculously time consuming, which is the why the new 5-Series is putting many more control buttons back on the dash, where they belong! The sunroof has a bit of wind noise even at low speeds. I like the interior and exterior styling, and the impressive wood dash sold me over the Lexus GS (which has a Toyota-ish dashboard, with no wood whatsoever). These seem to depreciate quite a bit - I've seen several three year-old 5 Series listed at $23,000 - less than half their original price. This car gets a lot of attention, especially when valet parked.

Very spacious and classy. .

by Sports /luxuryCar fan from Florida | October 23, 2009

I like this car lot. Bought it used (certified). The compartment is to small. Need a place for Cds. Other than the car is great.

Great car for the Money

by George from New jersey | February 13, 2007

This is the first BMW I have owned. The 525 has more than enough power and standard equipment to match and car in its class. The only options I got where Auto, heated seats and I just had to have the voice activated Navigation. The ride, quality, looks and just about everything else have exceeded my expectations 10 fold.

Our 1st BMER and we love it. Very comfortable

by Grits from USAF in Germany | December 5, 2006

Smooth ride and very luxurios. Better than any America car made today. The Germans got it right.