2008 BMW 528

2008 BMW 528

Available in 2 styles:  2008 BMW 528 4dr AWD Sedan shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

One of the Happiest Days of My Life.

by T Money from Lawnside,New Jersey | September 16, 2012

I purchased my car on 7/23/12 and it was a worth wild purchase. The car is beautiful inside and out. It drives like a dream and I am currently learning all digital gagets that come wih the car. 4 door 528xi steel gray. This car is just awesome !!!!

Best Car I've Owned

by CarGuy from Allen, TX | February 27, 2012

I bought a used 528i about two months ago an couldn't be happier with it. It is still under factory warranty until November 2012 and that was a big thing for me when shopping for a BMW. About two weeks after the purchase I noticed a ticking sound coming from the engine which sounded like a sticky lifter. I took it to BMW and it turns out there was a service bulletin about this very problem and they fixed it without any charge to me. Good thing because the fix was to replace the head, a very expensive solution! I really love the styling inside and out and the materials used are noticibly better than the domestic cars I've owned. Steering and handling are great and make the car that much more fun to drive. Fuel economy is ok, about 21 mpg with my mostly surface street driving but when I get on the highway I can consistently get 31 or better. I am now a bimmer fan for life.

SOLID CAR

by BMW ROOKIE from Minnesota | January 10, 2012

Purchased a 2008 528 xi Certified from dealer with 38k miles. This is great luxury / sport auto that I did not know existed untl I drove this car. The mpg suprised me when on a highway trip I averaged 30 and 21 around town. Cold weather package with heated steering wheel is a must for cold weather climates. The I drive system takes some getting used to, but is useful. Connect I Phone into av connection and get I heart radio and Pandora piped through sound system and bluetooth lets me use Suri on I PHone 4s to voice text message while driving. Great design inside and out with a huge trunk.

Great Ride

by Bemer 1 from Houston, Tx. | July 21, 2011

She is a great ride. I get around 34mpg. in her. I drive over 110 miles a day. The 528i is a smother ride than the Mercedes. I am thinking about purchasing another one, may be the 700 series.

Incredible Car

by Sold on BMW's from Virginia | December 14, 2010

Never, never thought I would own a BMW. Just thought everything I had heard was hype. After test driving three different models (528, 535 and Z4) I was hooked. I've never driven a car so "tight" and responsive. The inline V-6 is so smooth. Everything on the car is rock solid. You almost feel invincible when driving the car and the faster you go, the better it responds. The interior is well thought out and comfortable. I'm 6'-3" and there is plenty of head and leg room. My only complaint is the lack of center console storage space. One noteworthy feature is the ability to personalize/program just about every function and feature on the car. For example, you can set not only how hot the heated seats should be, but also which part of your body should receive the most heat. The 6-speed Steptronic transmission is great. It's fun to drive in the "manual" mode and gives the car a sporty feel. Mileage is great considering how much emphasis is placed on performance. On a recent 500+ mile trip I was averaging between 29 and 31 mpg on the highway at about 70 mph. One bit of advice. If you're considering a BMW take you time if buying used. Many 2 and 3 old BMW's have been driven very hard. I looked for 2 months and contacted or visited eleven dealerships. If buying from a dealer, ensure the car is BMW Certified, which will extend the warranty, bumper to bumper, for two years.

2008 BMW 528i -- The most reliable car I've owned

by The Ultimate Driving Machine from Naples, FL | December 2, 2010

My 2008 BMW 528i, now has 31,000 miles and still performs flawlessly. I have not had any problems whatsoever. The tires still have approximately 65% life on them and they are the originals. BMW quality is unmatched, I have been inside of many, many high end cars. The BMW service is outstanding, 6 year 100,000 mile warranty and 4 year 50,000 miles of free maintenance. The handling and ride are second to none. The steering is so precise, you'd swear it was laser guided. My car gets 27 MPG, there is literally nothing NOT to like about this car. I highly recommend this car even if you purchase certified pre-owned as I did. After all, they don't call any car "The Ultimate Driving Machine".

Best of all cars out there. No comparison.

by BMW 528 XI Owner from Chicago, IL | December 2, 2010

Great Vehicle. Perfectly an 'Ultimate Driving Machine'. The color is Silver titanium. I drove acura and lexus earlier, those were good too but when it comes to BMW, nothing beats it. There may be tactics for safety to make other car win safety crash test. But look at the history of number of crash and number of death in a BMW vehicle. You will be surprised to see that BMW is one of the most reliable car in the world.

Great Ride - short on extras

by Rudy1253 from Boynton Beach, Florida | November 10, 2010

This BMW rides quite well and it's indeed comfortable, but compared to Infiniti cars, which I have owned a couple, leaves a lot to be desired. There are more extras in an InfinitiFl. Besides there are some items I consider not very driver-friendly in this BMW: not much storage space on center console, no space to put your sunglasses, cruise control is in an odd position behind the steering wheel.

BMW 2008 528 xi

by BMW fan from Shrewsbury, MA | September 25, 2010

I purchased my BMW 528 xi used with 35,000 miles. The car is fantastic to drive. It feels solid and the quality of the materials is fantastic. Leather and wood with German design on the inside scream sport and luxury. Exterior styling is sleek and while the 528 engine is the smallest offered by BMW, it has plenty of power and sport mode is like adding a turbo boost. I drive close to 100 miles round trip per day and I love every minute of it the 528xi.

BMW 528 XI

by Mom mobile from Wilton, ct | August 7, 2010

I am very happy with this car. The four wheel drive makes it safe all year round. My daughter hit a 6 foot high stone wall with my other 5 series and she was perfectly fine. BMW assist stayed on with her until I got to the scene. The insurance company was so impressed with the car, they recommended I buy another one. I decided to go with the certified used option because the warranty is so much better. I am very happy with my choice.

Featured Services for this BMW 528