BMW's 5 Series is the automaker's next step up in size and price from BMW's best-selling 3 Series. The entry level 528 is available as a sedan or wagon with a choice of rear- or all-wheel drive. The 5 Series competes with luxury sedans like the Audi A6, Lexus GS and Acura RL.
New for 2009
There are minimal changes for 2009. Like other BMWs, the 5 Series offers a Google Maps function in navigation-equipped 5 Series that allows drivers to search for restaurants, gas stations or other businesses.
The 5 Series was given a going-over for 2008, when it received minor front, rear and side styling changes.
- LED turn signals
- 17-inch alloy wheels with all-season tires
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Available 18-inch alloy wheels with summer-only tires
- Available headlight washers
Over the past few model updates, the 5 Series has received larger door pockets and more storage capacity in the center console.
- Simulated leather seating; available leather trim
- Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Auxiliary input for MP3 player
- Push-button start
- Available navigation system with iDrive
- Available head-up display projects car's speed and navigation directions on windshield
- Available heated front and rear seats
- Available HD radio
Under the Hood
The 528i received a new engine in 2008 borrowed from the 3 Series. A higher-performance six-cylinder making 300 horsepower comes in the 535i, while the 550i has a 360-hp V-8.
- 230-hp, 3.0-liter six-cylinder with 200 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed manual transmission
- Available six-speed automatic
- Rear-wheel drive (528i)
- All-wheel drive (528i xDrive)
Safety features include:
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Front, side-impact and side curtain airbags are standard
- Optional rear side-impact airbags
- Optional lane departure warning system sends a vibration through the steering wheel if car veers from lane
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the BMW 528
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.