2003 BMW 530

2003 BMW 530

Available in 1 styles:  2003 BMW 540 4dr Sedan shown

21 city / 30 hwy

Overall

2003 530i - "The ultimate driving machine"

by Mutsky from Bloomington, IN | August 19, 2014

My second 5 series as my first one took out a deer one morning. Still impressed by the driving mannerisms this car has in all situations. Outstanding feedback combined with a rock like stability that inspires a confidence in driving that few autos on the road can match. After 10 years it doesn't squeak, rattle or vibrate...amazing value for the engineering that has gone into the car. The leather seats are a little on the firm side for my taste, but the car feels so good, its almost like it knows where you want to go. The German way of doing things takes a little getting used to, but once learned, one develops a strange attraction to it. The a 3.0 liter six is a marvelous engine worthy of much praise...revs freely, moves the car with authority and gets excellent mileage...I hope they never stop making this engine as it is the soul of this car. Buy one and drive it like you stole it...you'll be impressed!

Great Car, Fun to Drive, Reliable

by Fair Reviewer Guy from Madison, WI | March 23, 2013

Bought this car in late 2007 used. It has been very reliable, and fun to drive. Slick shifting 5 speed, and nice handling. Minor issues with radio display which I think are typical of this vintage BMW. Overall very comfortable, suprisingly efficient luxury/sport machine. I recommend this year and model highly

Nice car but has serious issues

by Hisworldness from Kansas | August 28, 2012

I purchased this car and it went back the next day. This car has oil press issues. London motors has worked on it several times and the problem still exist.

Great handler, black with black interior.

by BMW Fan from Richardson,tx | December 19, 2011

Car has good performace and great handling, the steering is excellent with good feedback. The power seats and the radio display are messed up like in most of the ones I looked at around this age. Leather and interior are in excellent shape. Interior storge is very limited and cup holders are useless. CD player doesn't seem to be able to play MP3 CD's but can play home made music CD's. Paint is still in great condition

fun,sporty and luxurious car!!!

by loving my beamer! from colchester, CT | May 16, 2011

We looked and test drove several vehicles before purchasing our beamer! So glad we didn't buy the first one we saw and took our time looking on cars.com!! Easy to use sight helped us narrow down the car we wanted!! We love our beamer!!!

BMW

by Best from Kansas | January 28, 2011

BMW 530 much better car compere to Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Volvo S60. Every one have to try drive that car once in life time. Very enjoyably to drive. BMW - people saying ultimate driving machine and I agreed with that. :)

Sexy car iff you can afford the maintenance.

by 76bimmer from New York | September 19, 2010

I currently own 2 BMWs and admire the engineering that has been put into these cars. However, I am constantly amazed at what appears to be a lack of desire to improve their known high-failure parts. How can they be so superior in many design aspects yet so subpar on the quality of some of their systems? Is it part of their service strategy? Case in point concerns my 2003 530. The plastic parts on their cooling systems are known to fail prematurely (~60K - 90K miles). However the replacement parts still appear to be made of the same inferior plastics. Other parts are known to have premature failure such as the Vanos seals, the instrument cluster pixels , cup holders, FSU, seat belt retractors, etc. The 530 is a beautiful car but I warn any buyer of their very very high maintenace cost. For a $50K car, in my opinion the reliability does not cut the mustard. As a long time BMW fan, I am dissapointed in the marketing philosophy of making a car that will last through the warranty period with minimal maintenance and then let the buyer beware. This is born out by the increasing reluctance of anyone to purchase BMWs beyond their warranty period. Sorry Germany, but that's the way I see it.

Best Car Ever

by Mucks from Palmdale,CA | September 19, 2010

I bought my 2003 530i with around 92,400 mls and put 7,000 mls on it in two months. First thing to say is THIS CAR IS SAFE!!! I got over zealous with my driving and ran straight into a tree at 90-100mph with a passenger. We both walked away with little more than scratches and soreness from seat belts/airbag deployment. I can't say alot for the reliability because of the short time I had it. I only had basic servicing a couple times which generally cost about $120, expensive yes but worth it. 4 stars for comfort because a couple of my passengers complained about the seats(during 8-10 hour drives). I was always comfortable as the driver though. 4 stars for interior design, those cupholders are terrible. Small stuff that will not affect me buying another 2003 530i, the best car...EVER!!!

truly remarkable

by bmw44ever from Los Angeles, CA | July 15, 2010

I have had this car for about a year now and i cannot imagine driving anything else. It is very comfortable and corners better than cars that are much more smaller than it. Truly an incredible car.

2003 530i

by Bluetone from New Jersey | July 11, 2010

Great engine provides solid performance and car also handles well, especially cornering. Talk about awful reliability though! Just terrible. It only has 70k on the clock and is routinely in the shop for one thing or another, and each time it is $1-2k. I thought it was just me, but if you look on the BMW blogs you find that everyone has the same issues - doors that suddenly lock permanently, burning smell in the cabin, fan in the engine runs when the car is turned off so the battery is always dead, leaking doors etc etc. Japanese from now on!

Featured Services for this BMW 530