2011 BMW 535

See Photos & Videos

Overall

535 is a Great car

by Beemer Nutz from Northern, VIrginia | February 9, 2014

I had a '99, '01, '02, '06 and '07 3 series. I finally moved up to the 535 in '11. It's more luxurious and less agile than a 3. For about 10K more it's a lot more car. It is still pretty sporty feeling and definitely is a great versatile, dependable everyday car. I love the solid ride an great handling. I got a wild hair ... about a year ago and got an M5 as well. The M5 is fun and really kind of too much fo9r every day. I've only put 3K miles on it, because I use the 535 every day. If you want a sport luxury car - this is it. The Audi A8 is the only competition - but it's still a VW. BMW is still the enthusiast car although they have diluted their product line with 4 bangers these days. The 300+ HP of the in-line 6 is really all you could ever use 99.9% of the time. I think the 5 is the best looking in its class too. In 3 years and 23K miles no problems, just like the rest of my Beemers. BMW is the best German Mark and the 535 is the best overall value - I paid 62K for it new loaded in '11 I think that was about 4K less than sticker.

2011 BMW 535I

by Beam Me Up from California | January 8, 2014

I was previously a Lexus LS430 owner and I am still getting use to the differences in the two automobiles. The BMW is sporty and heavier feeling. I miss the front seat adjustment to support under your knees. Head up display is great and the idrive is wonderful also. This car is an all wheel drive which is a very nice feature for traveling in the north.

Best Car I've owned (so far)

by My Dream Ride from Hemet, CA | May 30, 2013

This car has great performance and get up. It does have a feature (during take off/acceleration) that requires you to push the peddle down past a certain point before take off. I look at it as equivalent to the Kahr 9mm weapon, how it requires the finger to pull past a certain point to ensure accidents are not easy. Well, this car has that type of feature too. I thought it was odd when it didn't take right off when I initially pressed the peddle, then it got it. I understand though, its a safety precaution. So, even if you are a driver similar to myself (ready for the car to go when I say/need it to)... this car won't let you down. I coasts very comfortably and I love how the music I have loaded on my ph syncs/ starts right up the minute I get in the car. There are no buttons to press or play with on my ph or through the car. I thought that was very awesome and convenient. My other car, I have to get on my ph & start the music ea time I get in & out w/the ph. I do feel it uses a lil more gas than I expected when I took a trip about 70mi, but not much of a dramatic in fuel change. I am just probably used to my other other car on that. The trunk space is phenomenal! Quite huge for what looks like just a midsize car from the outside. I do like that the tires can support a ride of about 50mi if a flat is endured! The moon roof is (still) a little tricky for me to close, but very nice. I have only had the car a month, and is my new lil baby so I keep it safely tucked (meaning not an every day car), but I am sure I will get the hang of it (closing the moon roof)! I still have more to figure out myself so thanks for reading, hope I have helped. This is truly a classy ride/ a head-turner!

BMW535

by Bonnet from Houston, TX | June 7, 2012

I bought a BMW535 a few months ago. I have enjoyed driving this great car. I have not completely understood all the functions this model has. I will absolutely recommand this model to my friends if they want to buy a BMW.

Buy yours NOW

by Frugal spender from Sayville NY | April 2, 2012

I am very thrifty with my money, but I have always had a safe and dependable car. Never in a million years have I thought that I'd own a luxury BMW sedan. Well, it happened. Expensive, but if you can afford it - buy it!. Better than any comparably priced car. Go for the added features of the 535 rather than the 528. Get a 2011 remodeled version rather than the 2010 or earlier. You will not be disappointed. Mine is an Xdrive. Handles fantastic. Excellent mpg despite a powerful motor. Just beautiful all around. Workmanship can't be beat. In one word....WOW. I still can't believe it's mine.

Transmission issues reported and felt

by MkZ from NY | March 1, 2012

Wanted to buy this car, as you can see i have given it good ratings in various categories. But in all my test drives i felt jerks in automatic shifts at slow speed. I checked the internet and found numerous complaints by owners about the issues with adaptive transmission. Some dealers gave transmission software updates but not satisfactory. Lot of owners have their cars at dealerships for weeks and no resolution.

A Great CAr

by BMW Lover from Raleigh, NC | October 24, 2011

My 2011 BMW 535i is easily the best car I've ever owned. It has beautiful styling and exceptional performance, while still getting great mileage (recent trip @ 31.5 mpg). While providing great comfort, the car still allows--even invites--you to really drive it. BMW has knocked it out of the park with this one.

Cannot believe i didnt buy an audi a6

by 535 dissapoints from Boston, Massachusetts | August 14, 2011

The bimmer is a looker but as the they say looks are deceiving which absolutely true if looking for a full size luxury car get an a6 or a7

MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT

by BRS from SOUTH JERSEY | June 13, 2011

I purchased a new 535i. what a disapointment. I been back for service 5-6 times. The bRAKES CONTINUALLY SQUEEL. THEY ADJUSTED THEM AND REPLACED THEM AND THEY STILL MAKE NOISES. tHE TIRE ARE A DISGRACE. i PURCHASED TWO SETS OF NEW TIRES WITH ONLY 10,000 MILES. I'M DRIVING ON MY THIRD SET OF TIRES AT $500.00 PER TIRE. tHE TIRES KEEP LOOSING AIR AND GET BUBBLES IN THE SIDE WALLS. THE TRANSMISION IS A CROSSWORD PUZZLE TO SHIFT GEARS. THE CAR IS A MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT.

Very Satisfied

by KB from Gulf Breeze, FL | May 18, 2011

I previously had owned a BMW M3. I sold it and bought a Lexus GS350. Loved the car but never was quite as happy as I was with the BMW. Just bought the BMW 535i. I absolutely love it. What an incredible car. I couldn't be happier!