2014 BMW 535

20 city / 29–30 hwy

Overall

BMW 535i is soooo nice!

by ILoveMyBMW from Memphis, Tn | July 29, 2014

7/29/14 -- I was ready for a new BMW but the dealer did not have a 335i fully loaded. My sales associate recommended I try the 5 series because so many features come standard. Well HELLO!!! Why didn't I drive one before? Needless to say, it is the most awesome car I have ever owned! It is flawless! Sooo many features! I got the luxury line, premium package, and Harmon Kardon surround sound. It is a bit longer than my 328i but it doesn't take long to get used to it. I got several incentives by purchasing mid-year so if you are thinking about trading, now is the time! I LOVE MY BMW 535i!!!!

Nice but not Perfect

by AP from Baltimore, MD | June 15, 2014

A very good car all around. Love the ride, style and performance, however, it is not a 5 star. The exterior styling is fantastic and so is the interior. But, if you get the base, just as I did, you get a slim steering wheel that is not wrapped in leather. This is annoying as the steering is made for a woman with small hands. The ride is great, however, the emergency handling at high speed is not so great as it is a large car. In my previous Mercedes, I could dodge anything in the highway, but with the 535xi, I have lost that immediate reaction time from my wheels. Breaking also is not smooth. Works well but at stop light I just can't get a smooth stop. Instead there is always a jerky feel to it. All around a nice car and ample amount of power.

Impressed with highway MPG

by Fredly from San Ramon,CA | June 9, 2014

This is my 5th five series over twenty five years and my favorite to date. I recently did my first major road trip with my 2014 535i. It was 1300 miles round trip and mostly freeway driving. I used the cruise control the majority of the time and I averages 33.2 mpg at an average speed of 74.6 mph. I was totally impressed!!!!!

Run, don't walk

by Visionviv from Boca Raton, fl. | May 15, 2014

First BMW. Traded hi Hyundai Genesis. No comparison Better gas mileage More prestige Great for short or long drives Only negative - a bit technical for a senior citizen, but dealer was a great help Can't wait for the 2017 when else is up.

2014 BMW 535i - Excellent Choice!

by Shonie from Maryland | April 25, 2014

The BMW 5-Series is an excellent choice if you're in the market for a mid-size luxury class vehicle. I've owned mine for less than 6 months and each time I get in the driver's seat, I feel like the very first time that I drove it off the dealer's parking lot. This car comes with a lot of variety to fit just about everyone's style with three different lines: luxury, modern and sport. You cannot go wrong with either line you choose. The 5 series is stylish and does not disappoint in the areas of comfort, performance, safety and innovation. My top 10 favorites about this car: (1) I chose a very unique exterior color that receives a lot of compliments, (2) The multi-contour seats make driving this car a treat, especially during long commutes, (3) Heads-up display allows me to see and control several items in the view of the windshield (speed limit, change my music selections, turn by turn navigation etc.), (4) My Harman Kardon surround system sounds like a home entertainment system, (5) My entire iTunes library can be played from a USB connection or synced from my mobile phone, (6) The iDrive system eases the learning curve of getting to know your car, (7) This car is fast, 0-60 in about 5 seconds, (8) Good on fuel, I use premium gas and spend about $45 to fill the tank, (9) Bluetooth works every time with no real hiccups, I've had only two dropped calls, (10) I saved the best for last...this car is SEXY. GO TEST DRIVE IT!