2014 BMW 535d

26 city / 37–38 hwy

Overall

2014 535d finally makes diesel a valid option

by Jason Short from Seattle, WA | May 27, 2014

I recently purchased the 535d xdrive and couldn't be happier. There are a lot of BMW wide features that people will talk about (iDrive, nav, etc). They are all good to great. My only missing feature is that the XM doesn't send me score alerts for my favorite teams (my wifes Grand Cherokee does!). What I really wanted to write about was the d option for diesel. It is amazing to see what BMW has done with this car. I drove one a few years ago and was very unimpressed. This year they have brought the same inline 6 turbo-diesel used in Germany for years to the US model and it is fantastic. The engine gives 255 hp, and 38 MPG on the highway. I am really impressed. Took a long road trip over the memorial day weekend and never filled up (550 miles in that tank!). Also note that you can rip your CDs to the onboard hard drive and avoid carrying CDs with you in the car. I don't carry many anymore, but I had a few go to ones for long drives. I ripped them and now I don't have to keep them in the car. I usually buy cars and keep them 10 years. Technology has changed a LOT since my last new car, but I am really super happy with this BMW.

535D - Not your fathers Diesel

by Back to Bimmerland from Hudson Valley, NY | April 16, 2014

Purchased the car at Orange County BMW in Harriman, NY Everyone I death with was great. They were down to earth. I have recommended this dealship to a couple of friends and co-workers.

2014 535d

by John C from Humble, TX | April 14, 2014

Very impressed with my new 535d. Performance is everything I expected from a BMW. Very surprise with the performance of the Diesel engine, torque from 0-60 very good, with outstanding fuel mileage averaging above 37 MPG per tank full.