The BMW 6 Series comes with either an inline-six or V-8 engine and is offered in coupe and soft-top convertible variants, both of which seat four. Rear- and all-wheel-drive versions are available, and it competes with the Mercedes-Benz E-Class coupe and cabriolet. A stretched, four-door version of the 6 Series coupe called the Gran Coupe and the M6 performance version are covered in separate reports in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2015
A digital instrument panel is now standard, and the standard navigation system now includes a touchpad for the iDrive controller. The automatic transmission now has a Launch Control function, and the V-8-powered 650i gains an M Sport Exhaust. A Harman Kardon premium stereo is now available.
The below is a list of highlighted features and not an exhaustive list. Features are standard unless otherwise noted.
- 18-inch wheels; 19- or 20-inch wheels available
- Adaptive xenon high-intensity-discharge headlamps; adaptive LED headlights available
- Glass sunroof with power-sliding sunshade (coupe)
- Convertible's fully automatic soft-top operates at speeds up to 25 mph and comes in black or beige
- Cabin has a 2+2 seating configuration with small rear seats
- Power-adjustable seats
- Leather upholstery and heated front seats; available ventilated and massaging front seats
- iDrive with a 10.2-inch high-resolution screen and 3-D navigation
- Available heated steering wheel
- Available Bang & Olufsen premium stereo
Under the Hood
- 640i is powered by a 315-horsepower, turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine
- 650i gets a 445-hp, twin-turbo 4.4-liter V-8
- Eight-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles
- Fuel-saving stop-start technology
- Rear- or all-wheel drive
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Pop-up roll bars in convertible
- Backup camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Available parallel-parking assist
- Available surround-view camera system
- Available blind spot warning system
- Available lane departure warning
- Available night vision with pedestrian detection
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2015 BMW 650.