BMW's flagship 7 Series is a full-size luxury sedan that competes with top-line sedans like the Audi A8, Jaguar XJ and Mercedes-Benz S-Class. The 7 Series comes in regular and extended wheelbases as the 750i and 750Li, respectively.
New for 2009
The 7 Series has been redesigned for 2009 and shows off new styling on the outside and a reworked chassis underneath. The previously available 760 model and the V-12 engine have been dropped for 2009; the sole engine now is a 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V-8.
Styling changes includes a flat front nose and sculpted design similar to the 6 Series coupe. The 7 Series is also slightly larger for 2009.
Exterior features include:
- 750Li's wheelbase is extended 5.5 inches compared to the 750i
- 750Li models have a unique roofline
- Aluminum roof, doors, hood and front fenders for decreased weight
- Optional high-beam assist automatically dims high beams for oncoming drivers
- Standard xenon headlights
- Standard adaptive headlights move with steering wheel
- 18-inch wheels
- Optional 19-inch wheels with sport package
Up to five occupants fit inside the 750i. An array of available entertainment and comfort options can fit in the interior. BMW says it's revised the iDrive system that controls the navigation system, stereo, climate control, etc., and says it's made the navigation system more user-friendly.
Interior features include:
- 10.2-inch dashboard screen for iDrive
- Four-zone climate control, including independent control for rear passengers
- Optional rear Comfort seats on 750Li models have massage and ventilation features
- Optional rear entertainment system with dual screens in headrests
- Optional head-up display
- Optional night vision with pedestrian detection
Under the Hood
The 750's 4.4-liter V-8 is a new engine and the only power plant available for 2009. The engine drives the rear wheels with 400 horsepower and 450 pounds-feet of torque, and is borrowed from the BMW X6, where it was initially introduced.
- Twin-turbocharged V-8 with direct injection
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Rear-wheel drive
- Front multilink suspension
- Increased chassis rigidity for 2009
A newly added option is a blind-spot detection system. When changing lanes, the system senses when an approaching car is near the 7 Series blind spot and, like similar systems, warns the driver with a vibration in the steering wheel.
- Standard first- and second-row side curtain airbags
- Standard front-seat side-impact airbags
- Standard knee airbags
- Electronic stability system
- Optional lane departure warning system
- Optional blind spot detection system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the BMW 750
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.