2002 BMW M3

16 city / 23–24 hwy

Overall

First M3

by JoeK from Wi | August 10, 2014

Have been the proud owner of this car for two weeks. Was lucky enough to find one with low miles in great condition. All of the glowing reports about this car are underestimates. Aceleration and handling are to dream about. It puts you in touch with the road and driving in ways you never dreamed about. Too much fun!

New to the M3 Brotherhood

by FelixJ from Bend, OR | March 27, 2014

Absolutely the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel of a car. Fast and nimble, with the road-grabbing handling that BMW is famous for. I loved my 535i, but this thing is a whole 'nother animal. I refer to it as my little monster, as it is a barely-tamed beast. May not be the best vehicle for large people, as it's pretty low-slung, and the tilt wheel doesn't give you much extra room to get in and out. Performance and styling get an A+. Mine is a 6-sp manual, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Hot M3 Estoril Blue

by Liberty Bball 15 from Newcastle Wa | December 11, 2012

This car rocks for a High School student with excellent grades and no tickets. The color is perfect for a Liberty Patriot.

Best Car I have ever owned.

by Lead Foot from Annapolis, MD | November 7, 2012

I got my 2002 M3 in 2007 and it has been the most wonderful car I ever owned. Fast, comfortable, fun to drive and unbelievable nimble. Screams on the highway and is super sticky in sharp turns. Get a radar/laser detector, you're going to need it.

SEEEEE YAAAAAA!!!

by hackbagger from 54220 | September 4, 2012

Was that you that I just blew past where you said ...What was THAT??? Awesome ride...gotta be one of the finest driving and most responsive vehicles on the road... AND FAST!!!

Best car I've ever owned

by M. Oleson from Fort Worth, TX | July 23, 2012

After 10 1/2 years I finally parted with this wonderful car. I was going to have to put some money into it (tires, hoses, belts, etc.) and I was looking for something newer with MP3 and Bluetooth capability. This silver convertible never let me down. The only thing outside of routine maintenance or warranty I ever had a problem with was the motor that raises and lowers the top. A beautiful driver's car. If I could afford it, I'd still have it.

A TRUE SPORTS CAR

by M3 ENTHUSISAST from Bay area of California | June 28, 2012

I bought my 02 M3 Convertible with hardtop new in 2002. It has 60,000 miles on it now. I also own an 08 M3, but I like the 02 M3 better. It is smaller and handles better. They are about the same speed wise. The 02 gives me an adrenaline rush when I drive it. It is fast and handles unbelievably well. Lane to lane change is like no other car. I will not sell it. It's appearence is classic even after 10 years, it is a very good looking car. My wife drives it now and she gets compliments on the car all the time.

best car

by crucial 1 from ct | February 13, 2012

My m3 is the best car I have had no problems so far and wen its time to get another car i will . Look here again my only complaint was that the gas tank wasn't full and car wasn't as clean as it Shud b wen getting a new car it should be washed and vacumed . But other than that awsume car

Fun, Reliable, Fast

by Dtran from Orange County, CA | September 20, 2011

This car is amazing. The ride is a little rough and maintenance us expensive, but it is worth every little dime. It can accelerate very quickly and the handling is superb. This car is can be described as a tamed beast. It can and will go fast if you taunt it. This car isn't for the average driver because driving is somewhat uncomfortable if you're not used to it. Great car for an amazing price. I recommend finding a manual over the SMG because the SMG has quite a few problems while the 6spd manual is quite reliable.

One of Best Production BMWs Ever

by carfan82 from Dallas, TX | October 14, 2010

Really enjoyed driving the e46 M3...the new M3s are great, but in my opinion it doesn't compare to the e46 version. Superb handling and really notice the acceleration after 60mph. SMG is a cool feature. I owned this vehicle for ~10 years and couldn't complain at all. Very reliable. Excellent car!!!

Featured Services for this BMW M3