2003 BMW M3

16 city / 23–24 hwy

Overall

Another excellent M3

by Wags from | July 10, 2013

M3's are very special cars. They are clearly benchmark high performance cars yet they can be everyday drivers or race cars. The performance, roadability and comfort are a perfect mix. Driving anything else is a disappointment. The car I purchased was in superior condition and accurately represented by the owner. I flew to Chicago for the purchase and drove it 800 miles to my home. It was flawless.

Dream Realized

by superglyde2009 from Roanoke, VA | April 9, 2013

This is the car that I read about in reviews in all of the car mags. Looks great, is comfortable, plenty of room and goes like stink. Topaz Blue exterior with gray leather interior - six speed manual trans. Fourth BMW in the family at one time or another so I have experience. 90% of the electronics and electricals work which is pretty good for a ten year old BMW. I am not just happy, but two or three levels above that! I would and have recommended these cars to people looking for cars with style, performance and comfort.

Best Performance Car Ever!

by CarGuy from Windsor, CO | January 27, 2013

Got a 2003 BMW M3 in black with a gray interior for Christmas this year! I love it so far, and when I first got it I didn't know how to drive a manual, but I now know and it makes it a very fun car to drive. Its fast, fun, and stylish! It turns heads at school and I have been impressed with the 25 mpg that I have been getting because its a performance car... its not supposed to get good mpg. I would recommend this car to anyone and I am so glad that I got it because it has always been my dream car!

Value for the money!

by Mew44144 from Denver, CO | September 2, 2012

The smg transmission has great performance and provides great control and comfort while driving. Being able to use paddle shifters or the shifter comes in handy. The m3 is built very well and takes a lot of wear. To get such a performance and look for the money is amazing. I love the design in the car. The stitching in the steering wheel being blue and red is a great touch along with the shiny m3 logo in the door sill. Little things make the inside of the car. Although the seats are not as comfortable as the could be, they are very adjustable. Overall it's a great car and I love mine!

Best car I've owned

by Bimmer from gaithersburg, md | February 20, 2012

No better convertible to own.. I've owned a 911 convertible which would be the only car that was as much fun to drive..

Fresh Air

by Cabrio lvr from New Windsor, NY | November 8, 2011

Other than a few window rattles when their up I love this car. But then what's not to Love it is a M3 after all. Runs strong and still not to bad on mileage, sure super tight handling makes the ride a little rough but one has to expect that when you buzz around a turn like it wasn't even there. Top down lot's of fun and lot's of looks makes the cost worthwhile.

A dream come true

by Crew Chief from Wichita, KS | September 24, 2011

I'd been looking at these, reading reviews and watching videos for a long time, just hoping to drive one. I finally got a chance to buy one and it's been everything i dreamed it to be. This car is just amazing, the way it handles is unlike anything i thought possible on street tires. Even at 8 years old, it's still faster than most of the new sports cars on the streets, and would absolutely kill them with any corners. People complain about the cost of maintenance, but i've owned my car for a year now and have only had to change the oil, done at the dealership for a little over a hundred dollars and it's good for 15,000 miles. I've had absolutely no issues with the car at all, it just impresses me every time i drive it. My wife thinks the ride's a little rough, but it is a sports car, and it's still a better ride than most sports cars with lesser handling. The seats are incredibly comfortable, too, and that helps. I just couldn't ask for a better car.

M3

by Sniper602 from | September 14, 2011

Wonderful car,should be loaded with the CSL parts to look aggressive.more hp would be great too.manual transmission is better

The Ultimate Driving Machine

by Mac T from LA, CA | December 20, 2010

This review is for a 2003 BMW M3. Ever since I got this car, all I had was nothing but good compliments. From the styling and performance, it is really a top notch car to have. It may not be a practical car for everyone to own because it does get very expensive to maintain & own but I guess you have to expect that from a luxury vehicle. If you can afford it, make sure you have enough money for the maintenance especially if you buy a later model. The parts tend to be hard to find, hence it becomes expensive to maintain. I suggest getting an extended warranty in case something breaks down so you won't have to pay a lot for out of pocket costs. Something to consider when you are planning on buying a car like this. I've read some reviews stating that they hate the ride of this car, but this car is designed as a sports car. Therefore, you can expect to feel the road when you are driving this. But this is not a complain for me. I like how the car handles and accelerates. The SMG transmission is superb. I like how you can use the paddle shift for down shifting. You have the option to drive it in automatic or drive it like a manual with the SMG. But manual makes it more fun to drive. The car is designed for a run flat so there is no spare tire in the back. This is sometimes becomes a worry. When I bought my car, the previous owner had change the tires to 20's which I discover is hard to find run flats for. Therefore, you have to consider if you want to drive a car that has run flats. The cost of the tires gets up there depending on the tires that you want. All in all I don't have much complain. I love this car. I would certainly recommend this car to a friend. Just be prepared to shell out some cash, that'll be my advice.

Great car

by Syndrome from Phoenix | June 7, 2010

Great car for the money very good performance decent gas mileage. Suspension pretty tight but its what you expect from a sporty car like this. Only complaint I would have would be maintenance costs are pretty high, expect 2grand or more a year if you want to keep it in good shape.

Featured Services for this BMW M3