2005 BMW M3

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Awesome Power and handling

by Porsche Bemmer Lover from LA | December 20, 2013

Love everything about the car except the rough shifting SMG transmission. Great Power and handling. Solid body even with the convertible body style.

by Get Got from South Carolina | December 19, 2012

Great power Gets Much Respect Conv. A must. Handling is fantastic. 6spd. I Love. The wife Loves driving it The grand have me shopping for a X5 model. I will trade.

A Great Car

by M3 Owner from Central IL | November 7, 2011

The speed is excellent, but the ease with which it gets to speed is amazing. It simply accelerates with such grace and power. The brakes are sharp and strong, even a bit touchy, especially on the Competition Package. The interior is very high quality. It's all around a spectacular bit of engineering. And the engine, oh my that engine....perfect. I got a low mileage one, only 33,000 miles, I think that helped a lot.

Amazing Sports Car

by M3vroom from Arlington, VA | April 5, 2011

2005 M3 is a great sports car. This car satisfies any driver who wants to enjoy the road. The suspension is very hard and the control arms are made of alloy. So be careful of potholes. I accidently cracked one and it costed me $800 to fix. The car is fun to drive but maitainence is as important. You would definetly need winter tires if it snows in your area. Anything above an inch of snow, this car would not be able to handle in normal tires. Even with winter tires more than 10 inches of snow is hard to handle in this car. The seats are great and the accelaration is awesome. This car is so fun to drive at any speed. You can really enjoy this car in the speed limit too. The rpm response is great and the grip on dry roads is amazing too. This car truly comes out on curvy roads. I would definetly recommend buying this car. Back seats do not have enough room for anyone taller than 5'6''. The trunk has decent room. I have never had a problem. This is my primary car.

2005 M3 Convertible

by Alpine M3 from Connecticut | October 26, 2010

Absolutley love the driving dynamics the M3 has. Sold my Porsche 968 to be able to fit my family of 4 into this car, and it does not dissapoint. My oldest son is 5'9 and easily fits into the back seat with the top up or down, so for those of you who think you need somthing different for a family, well reconsider this car. The 6 speed is great and clutch action very smooth, and the tractability of the engine at lower rpms is impressive, no need to down shift.

Great Car

by M3 Enthusiast from Los Angeles | October 25, 2010

I have had my M3 Black/Black manual for about three months and love the car. It had 18,000 miles on it and it was in excellent shape. I have no complaints. I had to buy four new tires, but that was expected. I love the way the car handles and from 2-6 gear, it's smooth. The only problem I have is driving it normally and keeping the car over 2500 rpms. It wants to be driven over 3000 rpms at all times. This is a great car.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Sports Car Enthusiast from Munich, Germany | October 17, 2010

I like it......... it is a amazing car to ride and its smooth on the curves. I recommend driving this beautiful car in Europe cause of the way you drive outside the city.

Responsive is too mild a term for the M3

by Beemer believer now from Denver | August 23, 2010

Perhaps the most fun (almost practical) sports car I've driven that can seat 4 people. It's tight, rides smooth, good visibility, and also has surpising head room when the top is up. I really liked the Carbon Black exterior, it appears Midnight Blue in certain positions. How? Beats me but it's cool.

Fantastic car

by Nocaster from Canada | February 2, 2009

I have just purchased a 2005 BMW M3. I test drove both the 6 speed manual and thye 6 speed SMG. Both cars I tested had almost identicle mileage but they felt very different. My thoughts on the SMG equiped M3 are that when you're in "Going for it" mode the SMG works great and is great fun. However when you're just driving in a more regular fashion the SMG is terrible. Depending on the road and traffic you're always hunting to find the right settings on the SMG when used in "Auto" setting so to speak. One test drive with the wonderful 6 speed manual and the M3 and I bonded. With the SMG unless you're really driving hard it feels like you're just along for the ride. Handling of the M3 in both real world conditions and extreme driving is is sublime. The driver can do no wrong on the M3, or at least it makes you feel that way. Build quality, materials used, comfort, eqipment, layout, looks, reliability, performance etc are all superb. Activating the "Sport" button is a waste in the city but on the open road where it's twisty and hilly it is simply jaw dropping. I always shake my head when I drive the M3 because it's a fantastic as an every day car and equally fantastic as a pure sports car. I highly suggest the M3 to anybody as a cure for boredom.

Spectacular

by M3 race car driver from California | November 5, 2008

The handling and performance is pure BMW "M" division masterpiece. Competition package is close to CSL.

Featured Services for this BMW M3