2006 BMW M5

12 city / 18 hwy

Overall

True Dream Machine on wheels

by BMUU.XPert from TX | September 11, 2013

The M5 is best of the best. The only way to make it better would be to add a turbo or two. I highly recommend a well documented service record if you are buying used. Repairs are avoidable with these vehicles when they are well maintained.

Uses car for Off-roading

E60 M5 is AWESOME!!

by beta2007 from San Diego, CA | August 6, 2012

You get what you pay for. I love this car and am pleased everytime I get in it. I'd say that the only issues are poor gas mileage (I know, whatya expect from a 500hp car) and the gas pedal lag in everyday driving.

M5 on a budget

by fancy poor sports car guy from Canton, OH | May 1, 2012

The M5 is truly an amazing car. It handles like now other, has all the power you could ever want and yet you can take your coworkers to lunch with you in complete comfort. I highly recommend it to any enthusiast on a budget as the 2006 SMG's can be had at a bargin in comparison to their original retail price. The only con, don't expect good gas mileage. City I get around 11 MPG, highway I can get 19. I love this car.

Great performance and comfort

by Smudge from Charlotte, NC | September 7, 2011

This car offers the best of most worlds. The performance and fun factor are great. You can drive it aggressively and have a ball or drive it normal without too many compromises. The good: Performance, comfort, fun, size, versatility, oh yea, did I mention performance. The not so good: Gas mileage, can be clunky when driving nonaggressively, no slots for car phone or bluetooth except under the arm rest I would recommend this car to anyone who loves performance and has the discipline to control the desire to leave everyone standing still all the time. Otherwise, either your license or your life will be short lived.

Best Car Ever

by BearCat from Jacksonville, NC | July 1, 2011

Drivin and ridin in this type of car. its like wearing a glove hitting a speedbag. its fast, aggressive, realible, and sexy. If this is the same set up as mine it has a selection for V8, and V10. which is nice for gas milige and for power. it is overall the best car known to mankind.

Most sporty and luxurious car I have owned.

by Owner from Fishers, IN | February 16, 2011

The car look like a sedan but drives like a race car. It is a lot more beefy than the 5-series rivals but can take the turns like it is on rails. The engine sounds great and the power (especially in M-Drive) is unmatched.

My favorite car that i want to drive

by m5 for ever from Middlebury,CT | June 28, 2009

the car is fantastic i like the way they look and the top speed but also its luxuries these seats the comfort of the m is th best navigation smg transmission also V10 power yeah

best overall vehicle I've ever been in

by spd for fun from Kennesaw, Ga | February 25, 2009

it's the only vehicle I've ever owned that gives me a hug when I get in it. My only complaint is that there's no where in Atlanta to open her up.

my favorite car

by kenny from | November 28, 2008

when i first got the car it took a little to get used to the transmission but i love it. the seats are the most comfortable ever

BADDEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED

by pennpal62 from Houston, Tx | February 1, 2008

Bad (in a good way) is the word to describe my M5. I've done a few modifications to my car. It's even faster now. When people ask "is that the 500hp model?" I say "and then some"... How fast is the car? I backed it down at 197mph and it still wanted to go. You have now idea how fun it is to go to the track and race a corvette... And beat it! Owning a M5 has been a life long dream for me. I may never get rid of it.