2008 BMW M5

11 city / 17 hwy

Overall

BEST SPORTS SEDAN EVER

by ARAB M5 from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates | January 9, 2013

One of the best and smoothest sedan ever made and is very powerful comparing to other sport sedans cars and its a functional vehicle we can say its a luxury sports sedan

No regrets

by M Driver from Northern Va | April 30, 2012

This car is amazing. It's way more capable than my driving skills, so I'm driving as much as possible to improve. It's just so much fun to drive! Manual transmission all the way!

enthusiast

by bmwenthusiast from georgia | January 18, 2012

This car is very poor overall and would not recommend. Many transmission problem manual or smg transmission. I'm going with a porsche instead more reliable overall but a little more money

Fastest car I have ever driven.

by M5ISMINE from Bakersfield, CA | January 5, 2012

I have owned 7 BMWs with the oldest being a 2004 model. I have had a couple 335is and got bored with them. Bought a few Mitsubishi Evo MR race cars. The price is high, they are quick but nothing like this car. I feel there is not an M mode but a non M Mode. Once driven in M mode it's hard not to do it all the time. It's like a 100+ shot of nitrous when you hit it. It goes from 400HP to 500+. And of course all the independent suspension and breaking is controlled by the computer. I have never came close to wrecking this car with the Traction Control System on. Once turned off, good luck handling this beast. For the first 2 months, and sometimes randomly, when I get out I am still shaking from the adrenaline. This is the funnest car I have ever driven hands down. Erik

M5 is sweet

by Biimer Guy from Colorado Springs | October 10, 2011

The BMW M5 is a heck of a car. This thing flies low and with the SMG trans it is a blast to drive. I noticed that the speed signs into turns became mere suggestions. You can pass at will and there isn't all that much that can outrun you. The gadgets in the car can be distracting until you learn the car but once you get th I Drive down, you can rock in that car. The power in this beast is phenominal. I really tried to max it out but it didn't happen. She still had room to go The only negative is the size of the fuel tank and the mileage. Other than that, this is more car than I originally thought.

m5 2008

by fs from ca | May 23, 2011

I love the car. Can't say enought about it. Great handling, best sedan in the world, wished give better gas mileage.

AWESOME CAR

by GOFASTER from NEW JERSEY | May 11, 2011

THIS CAR IS FAST, IT HOLDS TE LINE AS IF IT WERE ON RAILS AND FITS MY FAMILY OF 5 . THE ONLY DOWNSIDE IS THAT UNLESS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO RACE TRACK, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REALLY APPRECIATE THIS CAR'S POTENTIAL. ONCE YOU PRESS THE 'M' BUTTON ON THE WHEEL, IT CHANGES PERSONALITY AND SMOKES MOST OTHER VEHICLES ON THE ROAD. I PURCHASED IT ON 04/10 WITH 15K MLIES.

M for mediocre?

by Apex Hunter from Atlanta Georgia | September 17, 2010

I was surprisingly disappointed with my BMW M5 and traded it in after 7 months. The car is a rocket and yes fast, but the V10 is very thirsty and cabin noise at speed was irritating after a while. Handling was good enough and the brakes strong. I found the interior boring and for $75,000 expect a little more from Germany. I do not miss my M5 at all.

Outstanding Car

by Family Man from Southern California | April 3, 2008

I've owned the car for six months. The SMG transmission makes for sharp quick shifts. I'm not a fan of the automatic mode - it's a bit jerky - but helpful in heavy traffic when i dont want to bother selecting gears. It's nice to have the option. The power and acceleration are breathtaking. Steering is tight and the car responds well. The car's limits are well beyond my own. All that in a car that has a smooth ride (unless you want it tight - it's a setting), holds my family comfortably and plent of room for 4 sets of golf clubs. It doesn't get any better. The interior is minimalist. I think it looks better in the brushed aluminum, but it's available in wood. Not luxurious nor is it meant to be. The upgraded leather seats are fantastic and adjust to every size of person. Heads Up display is a must - extremely helpful. iDrive - I disagree with the critics. It becomes easy to use after 30 mins. The Navigation interface isn't great but it's passable. The blue tooth phone system is the best I've ever experienced. You can hear people clearly and they can hear you easily - even people in the back seat can talk! This car is definitely worth a look.