BMW says the rear-wheel-drive M5 has "supercar handling," but also promotes its "outstanding everyday driving qualities." This 500-horsepower version of BMW's 5 Series competes with the 435-hp Audi S6, the 469-hp Cadillac STS-V and the 507-hp Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The M5 has a unique front face to distinguish it from other 5 Series sedans; it features a gaping front air dam and a prominent front spoiler, and the side sills are modified to protrude more aggressively than the regular 5 Series'. The M5's wheel arches are also more prominent.
- 19-inch lightweight alloy wheels with performance tires
- Quad exhaust tailpipes
- Adaptive xenon headlights
- Front and rear spoilers
- Rain-sensing wipers
MDrive lets the driver select preferred performance and handling settings for instant recall later.
- Brushed-aluminum interior trim
- Park Distance Control
- Navigation system with iDrive
- Logic7 premium sound system
- Two types of wood trim available
- Standard heated seats
- Available head-up display
- Available high-beam assist turns on the high beams automatically when necessary in low-light situations; system can be overridden by driver
Under the Hood
Sport sedan purists will be pleased to hear that the M5 can have a conventional six-speed manual transmission as a no-cost option. The M-calibrated Dynamic Stability Control system has two driving programs available, and it can be deactivated. With a braking system adapted from the auto racing world, the M5 can brake from 62 mph to a standstill in less than 120 feet.
- 500-hp, 5.0-liter V-10 with 383 pounds-feet of torque
- Seven-speed sequential manual transmission with steering-wheel paddles
- Available six-speed manual gearbox
- Specially calibrated aluminum suspension with three modes — Comfort, Normal and Sport — that adjusts to driving conditions and operates with Electronic Damping Control
- Quickened power steering with two levels of power assistance
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability system
- Available rear-seat side-impact airbags
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 BMW M5.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range