2014 BMW X1

2014 BMW X1

Available in 3 styles:  2014 BMW X1 4dr 4x2 Sports Activity Vehicle shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Great value... Tremendous MPG!

by Empty nest BMW enthusiast from Tampa, Fl | September 4, 2014

The perfect car for us. Plenty of room, for our two large dogs... and grandchildren. MPG is just wonderful. I love that "sweet spot"... Regularly get 50mpg, @ 60 miles per hour, and the roads I travel are for the most part marked at 55-60. Interior feels very roomy. Lots of shoulder space. Front view is expansive. Can't say enough good things about this car... love it! Years ago, as newlyweds, we had a 318i, and gave it up for the larger cars we needed for kids. Seems we've come full circle. I think it's the perfect car for empty nesters. You owe it to yourself to check it out.

Fun car

by First time beamer from Green Bay, WI | July 23, 2014

Very happy with the car overall. A few interior design things could be improved like radio control location. But a great car for an entry level BMW.

Drives like a Car

by BMW convert from Houston, TX | July 5, 2014

I have never owned a BMW. My last Mercedes was such a nightmare thus I went looking to another brand. Did my research and came upon the X1. It is just like a car in handling, comfort and styling. but you have the cargo area that you can get a lot of stuff in. The three way split back seat allowed us to purchase an arbor and fit it in with no problem. Nice finishes on inside and the outside is all decked out too. I do have to keep in mind that it has a 4 cylinder engine and it sounds like one. Acceleration is good and it has a lower gear box and turbo for quicker acceleration. Good mileage. I really am happy with this vehicle.

IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR!!

by brand new car!! from Augusta, Ga | May 27, 2014

This car is fantastic it handles well it has great gas mileage and it is perfect for anyone willing and able to drive!! Its so comfortable and the radio works amazing. Make sure the back wiper is not loud tho. Mine was and we tested otheres and theirs were not but its an easy fix.

Best of both worlds - Sports car & SUV

by AikmanFan45 from Minneapolis, MN | May 2, 2014

I drove a BMW 325 for 12 years and LOVED it. I'm a sports car girl but I needed more cargo space for my drumset and kid sports equipment. Also I live in Minnesota so my rear wheel drive and low-suspension was problematic. I drove other SUVs like the Acura RDX, the Hyundai Santa Fe, Lexus, Mercedes etc. and the BMW X1 was the only one that truly fit the bill. It has power like a rocket ship, hugs the road and is pure fun to drive, while giving me more ground clearance, AWD and cargo capacity for "practical" life. The technology is great with the rear camera for backing up, navigation, and blue-tooth. The X1 truly "hits on all cylinders"!!

Love it!

by Oklahoman from Madill, OK | February 3, 2014

I recently traded my 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L for a new 2014 BMW X1 sdrive28i Xline with premium package. Before making the decision for the X1 I also test-drove a Mazda CX-5 and a Hyundai Santa Fe as comparisons. Both very nice vehicles as well, but when it comes to handling and choice of engine-transmission, there was just one possible candidate, the X1. The smoothness of this 8 speed transmission is amazing. It keeps the 240hp engine at its sweet spot, resulting in an awesome responsiveness and acceleration (when needed). The interior of the X-line X1 is very nice. I have oyster leather and the so-called Fineline Bay matte wood. It looks awesome. Neither Mazda nor Hyundai offer a similarly impressive interior style. I decided not to spend serious money for BMWs navigation/infotainment system, but rather use a Garmin GPS. My X1 still offers Bluetooth and USB so Pandora streaming, hands-free calling and facetime are on board with the iphone. And actually I don't need more while driving (I consider the big navigation/infotainment system in my other BMW a mis-investment). One possible disadvantage some might point out on my X1 is the lack of a rear-view monitor or parking sensors which are standard with the navigation/infotainment package. But, heck, how did we back out of a parking spot or the garage just a couple years ago? The X1 has quite good visibility in the back and comes with a self-lowering parking mirror that makes parallel parking without curb rashes easy. Finally a word on fuel efficiency and the efficient dynamics package: using the eco-pro mode my X1 easily surpasses the official 34mpg highway; it is more like 38-40 mpg, and that value is AWESOME. Furthermore I have no problems with the auto start-stop system that helps on saving fuel in town. It is so smooth on the 2014 model that I hardly notice when the engine shuts off or restarts. In conclusion, I'm a very happy BMW X1 owner and would buy this vehicle again and again and again.

Fun to Drive

by My first BMW from Brandon, Fl | February 2, 2014

I purcased this car in May and got the sport package. So here are the pro's I liked the look of it and its definitely made for a woman. It's sleek yet sporty. It has lots of torque so you have to be careful its easy to speed in. The price is very resonable for the look and quality of this vehicle. I test drove the new crossover suv by Range Rover first and settled on this one. The front is roomy and has a stylish look. I like the Bluetooth and tech features. It makes driving and using your phone if necessary a lot safer. So the cons the start and stop which saves on gas but can be scary at first because the engine is so silent. ..must have not been paying attention when that was being explained. I will admit I haven't fully read the manual but you can turn that feature off. You have to use premium gas. The back window...bad visibility. The back is not very spacious good for little kids but adults not much leg room. The cup holder on the passenger side...yeah just open the center console and leave it there. And last the back space is decent for grocery shopping and I like that even though the trunk is visible the contents are hidden by the cover. Overall its a great car for the name, price, and performace. My husbund has a 3 series so he likes the room In this one and driving it but he says it looks like a girly car and I agree.

2014 BMW X1 SAV

by RObnat23 from los angeles | January 23, 2014

I purchased this X1 with sport package (28i) and i love it. a little pricy but looks and feels great. Must get the lighting package, otherwise it will not have that traditional standout BMW look. Its an SAV not an SUV which may confuse some people, so its much more compact but fits my needs. its just me and my wife and have driven to vegas with friends. i always drive so dont know the comfort of backseat. great fuel economy and pick up. got roof rack and tow hitch for dirt bikes. hauls pretty well. so far so good

great value for BMW

by carguy1 from scottsdale az. | November 29, 2013

this car is the perfect little SUV. Great performance, great quality. backseat a little tight with the front seats pushed back. if you get all the options the price goes way up. got the base model for about 31,000. great value when the honda CRV, toyota Rav4, Mazda c-5 cost only a few thousand dollars less. a real fun car to drive!

BMW's answer to the Tiguan

by BMW Bro from | November 25, 2013

Test drove a x1 35i xdrive. 6 cylinder is very fast and is really cozy. Predictable handling for a SUV! Trunk space is very small for a SUV. The cluster is very familiar, and the automatic in the 35i is workable! Rear seat is very tight, and the front bumper isn't really clearing a lot. The 2.0T was really slow, and was loud and constantly reminded you that it was a 4 cylinder. The design is fancy, but I disliked the somewhat Asian design of the rear liftgate. The speeding ticket orange looks cool!