2015 BMW X1

Starting MSRP

Overall

2014 BMW X1 Xdrive28i M Sport w/19" Wheels

by Patrick from North Carolina from North Carolina | June 30, 2016

I recently purchased a 2014 BMW X1 Xdrive28i M Sport w/19" Wheels. First of all, it's an MSport with HUGE wheels... The tighter suspension and larger tires mean there will be less isolation from the road: It's a universal expectation that the sportier the car, the better the handling performance AND the worse the ride / noise. My choice was to purchase the M Sport because I wanted better handling and sportier seating (along with a sleeker less fussy exterior) and the trade off in ride and noise was, for me, well worth it. Regarding the Eco Mode... Most anytime an engine starts or stops, there is s detectible "shimmy". I'm thrilled when the car turns off at red lights, because of the decreased environmental impact! It's worth a little shake to help save the environment. My previous car was a 2012 Infiniti M37X. The much smaller X1 rides in a very similar way... Though the BMW is noisier, it is far more "stable" when going over ruts and patched roads. Overall, I'm delighted with the blend of performance, fuel economy, comfort and handling in the X1.

X1 with the ultimate package

by new BMW orwner from Asheville | February 22, 2016

Love my new X1 super fun to drive and the gas savings is great. It handles like a dream and still has room and the all wheel drive that I wanted.

800 miles into it

by Tarheel from Dallas, Tx. | September 29, 2015

Should have bought the MB GLA. My gas mileage in Dallas intown traffic is running about 18.2 MPG - very poor. The door handles are poorly designed. Will pinch the fire out of you, if not careful. Positives are the Nav, Radio, phone. Better designed than my Lexus. Much easier to use.

Lexus RX 350

by BobD from Jacksonville. FL | August 14, 2015

Many updated tech advances are not included e.g. lane monitoring, backup camera, navigation, etc. It has a noisy engine for a BMW. The seats could use a bit more padding and arm rests on the front bucket seats would be a plus. It does get good mileage, but in its current configuration I could not recommend it to others

Superb driving the 2015 X1 sDrive28i

by New world nerd from Los Angeles, CA | June 10, 2015

My new 2015 sDrive28i is superb. My needs and wants in descending order: comfortable high seating, euro firm steering, weight and safety in an accident, 360 degree visibility, fast 0-60, good fuel mpg, clean well thought out lines of exterior and interior, and moderate cargo storage. I am 6'-0" tall and the X1 is easy and comfortable to get in and out of on a daily basis (instead of hitting my head and straining my back with the low door and seat height of the MB GLA or Audi Q3.) The X1 has had strong engine performance at all speeds, good reliable braking, and excellent handling. Good interior cargo spatial versatility. The dashboard and instrument panel is viewed and used the most by any driver and the X1 is beautifully laid out and intuitive. The NAV is large at 8.8", and an A+ in ease of use, functionality, and being seamlessly incorporated within the dash (instead of contrived, small, and plopped on top the dash as if it were a cheap after thought of design.) Front leg and head room is very good. My X1 included Power memory seats, Technology Package, and Driver Assistance Package, has high value for the price, and has been great for my Southern California city and highway driving. Reliability --- it never disappoints and has lived up to all my needs and expectations.

2015 X1 xdrivei28

by NewX1 from Collegeville, PA | April 5, 2015

I have had this car for about a month now. Drives beautifully. Pretty happy with the fuel efficiency so far. Approximately 26 mpg in city driving and 32 mpg on long distance interstate driving. Not so happy with premium fuel but the difference is a $5 or less per fill up so not a big deal in the overall scheme of things. Love the idrive connected feature in this car. Navigation system is awesome. This system is way more user friendly compared to my previous cars. The split screen feature is very nice. Of course, no idea how the car will hold up in the long run. Consumer reports predicts average reliability but hoping that with regular maintenance and gentle handling that can be improved.

I love this car

by X1LOVER from Pittsburgh, PA | March 27, 2015

The 2015 X1 is a smooth ride with so much get-up-and-go. I love everything except I could use a little more room in the cargo area. X3 has more room, but I was set and sold on the X1 as soon as I drove it.

Just couldn't be happier

by Love My Bimmer from Cumming, GA | August 30, 2014

Can't find anything to complain about this vehicle. Roomy, handles like a sports car, peppy (240hp) and great gas mileage. (but ya gotta use premium gas). Very sleek looking and comfortable. Fit and finish impeccable like all Bimmers. Purchased instead of leasing this time, as I intend on keeping this vehicle for a long time. I have put 5 stars for all catagoties except reliability which I cannot know on a brand new vehicle, therefore, I have put only 1 star in but wish to emphasize that this rating is only to get my review accepted based on of the other qualities of the vehicle.