2008 BMW X3

16 city / 23 hwy

Overall

Love and Hate

by Bummer from MA | July 20, 2015

Good power, great handling, a little stiff, but i like it Could be a great small SUV but...seats are very uncomfortable on long distances( i have 6MT, which contributes to that) it will take you forever to find somewhat good position. Lots of squeaky noises from cheap plastics. and the biggest problem is eventually you will have to replace your transfer case which will run you anywhere from $2000 to $4000 depending on the shop and parts. also if you do find one with manual transmission which is fun to drive but takes a while to get used to, it is unlike any other manuals you drove before. If you love BMW's, and can do maintenance, and repairs yourself you will be fine. buy an extended warranty you wont regret it!

Highly Recommend 2008 BMW X3

by micbk90 from Pittsburgh, PA | May 25, 2015

I bought my '08 BMW X3 a year ago and have been extremely pleased!!! It has the sport package, the cold weather package and the premium package so it have everything except navigation. I absolutely love the moonroof and the heated steering wheel!!! Lots of great amenities like Bluetooth and programmable garage door opener. It had 47K when I purchased it and now has 59K and I have not had one problem with it. It's very reliable, super comfortable to drive and is great in the snow. I live in Pittsburgh so we get quite a bit in the winter. The AWD is fantastic. I'm petite (5'0") and this is the perfect size SUV for me. Not to small and not too big. I can not say enough about how happy I am to drive this BMW. I have had 3 Audi's, a Volvo and this is my first (and definitely won't be my last!) BMW.

Love to drive my BMW X3

by BMWFAN from Centennial, Co | June 4, 2013

A friend of mine drives an X3 and I always loved to ride in it. After having my old car for almost thirteen years I decided to go for it and try to purchase an X3 for myself. Times sure have changed when it comes to finding a new or used car. I did find a beautiful X3 at BMW dealership in Loveland, Colorado and enjoy every minute of it.

great car

by beamer from Boston, MA | March 25, 2013

I am thrilled with my 2008 BMW X3, which I bought used. So far it has lived up to its reputation. My only complaint is the relatively low gas mileage (21mpg).

X3 A great choice

by J Betsker from Lebanon, NJ | June 11, 2012

The X3 strikes a balance between more room than a sedan and the performance that my 325Xi had. I needed more room for the baby seat, but didnt want to give up the fun of driving my 2005 325Xi. The nav system and interior are updated in the newer models which is be a big plus. Still, I'd buy an X3 again.

Great little SUV/SAV

by D ACK from | April 23, 2012

We bought the X3 for my wife and she is very happy with it. She is stepping out from Infiniti FX35 which she loved but she likes the size of the X3 much better. Ours has the fake leather which is OK, but the real one is much better. It has plenty of power for its size and plenty of room for such a small SUV. Can't tell anything about the reliability yet but it seems to be well made.

2008 X3 Still the Best

by Gert in Florida from Tampa, Fl | March 3, 2012

First of all - I love BMWs so let's get that out of the way. I had a 2005 X3 with over 100,000 miles. With loan rates at their lows, I have been looking for a newer model (2008) for a while. Neither the 2005 or 08 were fully maxed out on options. Leatherette interior for example. I love the drive and the solid aspect of feeling the road plus power. I love this new 08 but it drives a little differently. Not as much of a road hugger as the 05 and 6 gears now is a slower start with less "punch" - BMW could add a few more luxury interior features (places to stow stuff) for all their vehicles but overall I LOVE this model. I drive a lot of miles for work and never get tired after a days worth of driving. It seems a little lighter body wise - less "thunk" when closing the doors. Overall, she's a beauty and takes me where I want to go (quickly).

Classy SUV

by Experienced Bimmer owner from Louisville, Ky | November 21, 2011

Comfortable, well appointed SUV which drives like a Bimmer. It has all the "food" like heated steering wheel which even makes my wife want to use it.

An SUV for the gearhead

by Once you go German, you'll never go back from Des Moines, IA | October 31, 2011

The rotating lights are a riot on tight curving canyon roads. The optional manual shifting is a blast in the mountains. Nothing like doing 80 mph on a tight on ramp curve.

X3

by Bimmer guy from Warner Robins Ga. | October 24, 2011

This vehicle chose me in some ways, all my research and reviews pointed me to a logical choice in both cost (off lease) and dealership distance to me. The 2008 was the first model to incorporate the boosted horse power and improvements in design for this series. As well it offorded me the lower finance rate due to it being within 3 years of manufacture date. As well buying it with the BMW waranty still inforce for 6 months gave me time to update the software and fix the minor discrepancies. I am real happy with this chice: Dav

Featured Services for this BMW X3